XPO | Truckload is being sold

From what i was told the reason we have XM radio is CFI had a lifetime membership for XM radio so when Con-Way bought CFI any trucks Con-Way bought would get it free. Now Xpo sold truckload will Xpo continue to get it free if not do you think they will pay for it?
Not sure if that's accurate. The freightliners came with one year free xm. At a corporate rate. Who knows.

Actually, TFI has no interest in Mexico. They're interested in America. They're cumulatively the biggest carrier in Canada and they're pretty much everywhere here. They're big in truckload, LTL, bulk haulage and they've been in automotive and oil at different times too.

I wonder what TFI will rename it to?

What I have been hearing lately is that the Mexican lanes are no longer as profitable. The Panama Canal being open to the super container ships has created access to even cheaper rates on Asian freight.

From what i was told the reason we have XM radio is CFI had a lifetime membership for XM radio so when Con-Way bought CFI any trucks Con-Way bought would get it free. Now Xpo sold truckload will Xpo continue to get it free if not do you think they will pay for it?

I don't know what deal they worked out for Con-way Truckload, but for Con-way LTL it was part of the lease agreement that we would have XM in the trucks. The new LTL trucks do not have XM. Tried to tell them something about the terrestrial radio antenna was stronger and that you would be able to use that. Back to radio boxes. Will probably have senior guys fighting over old trucks for a couple years here too. XM is very nice. Sad to see that go.

What I have been hearing lately is that the Mexican lanes are no longer as profitable. The Panama Canal being open to the super container ships has created access to even cheaper rates on Asian freight.
I've heard that too. Mexican lanes are only important to a carrier trying to move a Canadian driver around in the US through use of a legal loophole. The law states that a foreign driver is only allowed to move international freight, but it does not stipulate that said freight must be from or to their country of origin.

It's abuse of the law in my opinion, and the carriers I know to use this technique are Celadon and Schneider. The reason Mexican lanes are less profitable these days is because there's more going out than coming in, which is useless for moving a Canadian stranded in Laredo.

I don't know what deal they worked out for Con-way Truckload, but for Con-way LTL it was part of the lease agreement that we would have XM in the trucks. The new LTL trucks do not have XM. Tried to tell them something about the terrestrial radio antenna was stronger and that you would be able to use that. Back to radio boxes. Will probably have senior guys fighting over old trucks for a couple years here too. XM is very nice. Sad to see that go.

The radios still have USB and Aux.. Why would you need a box?

Personally, Consolidated Freightways really peaks my interest. I can't imagine the Con-way LTL today is much different then the days of Consolidated Freight. I recall looking at pictures of the consolidated freightways trailer numbers and how they were placed and are the same today on con-way/xpo trailers.

I'd love to read stories or hear stories from consolidated freight drivers. What was the job like? What was the atmosphere, etc.. Someone should really make a documentary about consolidated freightways going around talking to former drivers and managers about their time.

There are many ex-CF drivers at Conway/xpo , I am and I was there B-4 the start of Conway. The Trailers and Dollies are the same. We had Frieghtliners with no power steering, Cab over tractors with a wedge nose trailer and they wonder why I still hook up on an angle. I am sorry to post on a subject away from the original poster.

There are many ex-CF drivers at Conway/xpo , I am and I was there B-4 the start of Conway. The Trailers and Dollies are the same. We had Frieghtliners with no power steering, Cab over tractors with a wedge nose trailer and they wonder why I still hook up on an angle. I am sorry to post on a subject away from the original poster.

I mailed to get the never stand still book about consolidated. It'll be quite a read I'm sure.

As a linehaul driver, satellite radio was a huge perk. Before we got it, I had my own portable unit, but that meant moving the unit (and antenna) every day. The antennas aren't made for that kind of use, and the wires break.

As a linehaul driver, satellite radio was a huge perk. Before we got it, I had my own portable unit, but that meant moving the unit (and antenna) every day. The antennas aren't made for that kind of use, and the wires break.
I think I bought 10 antennas because of the wires breaking.

A source I have in MO said that CFI was being brought back from the dead said the equipment and building and everything was going back to CFI.[/QUOTE|

There was a public a announcement a ways back that it was going

A source I have in MO said that CFI was being brought back from the dead said the equipment and building and everything was going back to CFI.

There was a public announcement already that it would be CFI again !!!!

IrjmtqJ.jpg

That's messed up if they transferred him just to sell the unit he was transferred to.

Hope the drivers and ALL the affected employees get a better deal than they had here!
If it turns out he is a short timer, you have the answer to your question as to why they transffered him. No grounds for a law suit or EEOC. Wanna to dump a high paid executive? ship him out to a losing outfit & now you have a reason. von.