Trucks?

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
We have Cascadias, (Freightliner), and Internationals, 8600's and 9100 series, 1 8600 is automatic, all the Freightliners are automatic, the rest are straight 10 speeds.

What do you all have, this isn't just for Sysco guys, everyone please post up!

I know the guys at Sysco AR had Macks and Sterlings, and International 8600's.

Cascadias (all automatic) Internationals(all automatic), a handful of Volvos one is a twin screw 10 spd about 6-8 single automatics (the only automatics I don't mind driving) and still have a decent # of old Sterlings (10spd)that are being phased out and replaced with the Cascadias.

Don't care much for them going with the Freightliners, but happy with the fact that they seem to be getting rid of pup trailers (except for shuttles in MO) as they age out and replacing them with 38's

With ONE trailer and an auto Volvo I didn't have any problems at all last year, including the day they called us all back in when we got dumped with about a foot of snow in about a couple of hours ( thunder snow). Road crews werent keeping up and customers were all going home so they called it a day at about 10am. Never got stuck. The Cascadias scare the heck out of me though, there seems to be a "lull" while it shifts in between gears, I'd be surprised if they didn't spin at every stoplight.

Buddy of mine told me to put it into "Mode"...I think, he says it will lug it down, I'm gonna play with it before the winter hits, we shall see I guess.

We have all twin screw Volvo trucks. 11 liter Volvo motor, 10 speed transmission and no Jake brake.

Sheperdsville has a few Binders left but mostly Volvos.

Guardrail

We have all twin screw Volvo trucks. 11 liter Volvo motor, 10 speed transmission and no Jake brake.

Sheperdsville has a few Binders left but mostly Volvos.

Guardrail
We have 2 Volvos, twin screws, our shop hates them, says they are lemons, personally I like a Volvo but I do see them in the shop alot.