Trump ends DACA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bart, Sep 5, 2017.

1. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

This President,more so than any Ive ever lived through,has more criticism from both ends of the political spectrum.Both ends that have failed the American people(in general) and American worker(specifically).He is not given a chance by either side and will work with what and who he can work with.Yes,he is a deal maker but who wouldnt give away 20% to get 80%.Will that work out??Who knows,but it has to be better than the last 12 years.I bet Texas is glad we have a competent administration,though their local leadership and citizens should get most of the accolades.
    As for blindly supporting this President,that is for whoever wants to make that assumption.However,their are many more that blindly depose him.

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

There was no need to raise the debt ceiling. We can't default, all services continue even in a shut down, all employees eventually get paid. Hurricane relief should come from shifting dollars away from foreign aid, not increasing spending. I would vote no to debt increase. I'll work against anyone in 2018 that voted to increase the debt limit, or at least withhold my vote for that office.

None of this changes that Trump is not a Conservative, even tho he does accomplish some conservative things...

3. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree but you and I both know that WAS NOT gonna happen.Foreign aid should be slashed anyway.Most of it is nothing more than bribery money.
    Who was gonna get the blame for a "Gubment shutdown"??Though the true meaning of a shutdown would be welcome news to some people,most of the electorate would perceive it as failed leadership.

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It's always the Repubs fault. The media will always frame it that way. However, what isn't said is that Repubs always gain seats after a shut down. Reagan had 8 shutdowns, refusing to surrender to Tipp O'Neill. Reagan won every one. Repubs need to grow a spine and or be replaced. This hasnt passed the House yet. Only hurricane relief has (419-3). Ill be curious how the Freedom Caucus handles the combined bill. Of course, with every Dem voting yes, their 35 votes mean nothing.

I blame this on McConnell more than anyone. Trump needed a deal. McConnell has no principles or gonads. He's out only for himself and his Chamber of Commerce cronies....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Northern Flash likes this.
  5. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

How about DACA light? The barn door is open so it is too late to correct the mistake as far as the ones already here BUT we can let them finish school and give the option to register for citizenship or pack your bags,same for the folks with jobs and not in school, go become legal or hit the highway besides aren't they in their 30's so why haven't they registered? And remember these clowns
    [​IMG]
    they all need to go

Northern Flash likes this.
  6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He should have just ended the UnConstitutional program. Instead, he's nodded at Schumer to cowrite a bill. Schumer won't stop at DACA lite. Schumer and Pelosi have already signalled they want Full Amnesty for ALL.

7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

It appears as though that is an accurate assessment.
    I will say the same thing as I said during Obama's dictatorship, if it's a bad deal or no deal to choose from, I'll choose no deal every time.
    I'm questioning Trump's principles at this point.
    I thought that the Democrats had lost in 2016........apparently not.

8. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

Let them,Trump will work a deal and get the wall built

9. Northern Flash

And they will get it because now they sense that Trump is leaning backwards.......so they'll keep pushing.

10. Northern Flash

As far as illegals being in our military. I would happily go along with them getting the opportunity to become citizens immediately after serving their term in the military.
    But a qualifier for joining has to include speaking English first.
    And there is no excuse for it taking so long for them to become citizens. Put them on the fast track at the front of the line and have their citizenship paperwork authorized before their service time expires.