Trump likes to keep it classy when talking to PR victims in san juan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 20_yrs_2_go, Oct 4, 2017.

1. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Both...Some of them "super truckers" are hell on wheels on the big road.Get them in the city and they act as rolling roadblocks.

jimmy g likes this.
  2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Its just came out that this appearance he put in with the throwing paper towels at the crowd was in a Gated Community where little damage was done.Mostly republican types very safe for Trump to appear at.

I heard one of them said he ought to go up on the hills and back roads to see the damage.

Heck he can't land his plane back there.

3. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

And his helicopter was in the shop

Got to admire those photo ops

Magoo likes this.
  4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

and it is unsafe
    with all the billions that PR made over the years with tourism why is not the island in better shape?
    they owe almost as much as California
    I do note a pattern with these liberal utopias

5. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I used to be handsome all over,.....nowadays it just comes out in spots........

Magoo and seabreeze like this.
  6. canaryinthemine

Well,....it looks like he might get another photo op in New Orleans. Only 22 dead in Nicaragua vs. 34 dead in Puerto Rico,.........for those who are keeping score..

Maybe this hurricane making landfall tonight in Louisiana is the "storm" he was so calm prior to...........We've got to quit reading cryptic messages in Mr. Trump's pronouncements and start taking him literally...........

Magoo likes this.
  7. canaryinthemine

When Puerto Rico entered a recession 11 years ago, investors started buying their debt, because Puerto Rico was forced to pay unusually high interest rates just to float their municipal bonds. This was during a time of historically low interest rates. Plus , investing in municipal bonds in Puerto Rico was "triple" tax exempt,....No State, Local or Federal taxes are charged on investments,....so the vultures descended........ Wall Street refused to re-structure the debt, thereby driving Puerto Rico into bankruptcy in May.

25% of the bonds are held by hedge funds,.....the remaining 75% is held by .....your pension fund, or your 401(K),......private citizens acting on the advice of the sharpies on Wall Street who took distinct advantage of Puerto Rico's economic woes.

The tourism money that came in went right back to the operators of those tourism companies. The island and it's people were used as "scenery backdrop" and there was no investment in either people ( 33% unemployment rate before hurricane...) or the infrastructure.

One of those places where the bartender and the cab driver warn you not to leave the "tourist" areas........

Magoo and slavenomore like this.
  8. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Crooked politicians and their Democrat policies have kept them broke. They had the money available to upgrade their electric and water systems but failed to do so. Now, after their Democrat leadership has swindled all of that money, they want the Govt. to pay for all of their upgrades.

9. Northern Flash

San Juan, Puerto Rico is a third world crap hole. I was there, and their warnings are spot on. We got to the end of the "tourist area" and got about half way across the street when I realized that suddenly there were locals just lingering everywhere on the next block. We stopped in our tracks, turned around, and I started warning people that it looked like we were about to leave the tourist area. (If you know what I'm saying.)

Nearly every business and apartment complex had bars over the windows for security. On the way out to the Barcardi Rum Factory, I got to see more of San Juan than I cared to see. I was joking with others that if the tour bus broke down, I was going to sprint back to the cruise ship and it was every man for himself.
    :biglaugh:

10. a9faninnc

You just described a section of every large metro city in the Continental (US.Oakland,Baltimore,Chigago,NYC,Atlanta,etc),These people act like animals and their hoods are the zoo..

Northern Flash likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

But, but, but.....they are oppressed.(By the Democrat Party)

It's amazing how all of these metros is where there is racial injustice, but nearly all of those metros are ran by Democrats.
    Coincidence? No chance. So nobody will ever tell me that the Dems aren't holding the blacks down.

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Here comes the
    'Your nose is growing, Pinocchio'.....

canaryinthemine likes this.
  13. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

No way Jose, Think I would have quit, don't need to tell me it's not an easy job.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  14. a9faninnc

Man,I worked several years in city before transitioning to linehaul.The experience was invaluable.Im sure its not for everyone but it would make for better drivers..

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Besides driving, I dispatched and managed a 150 man terminal too... Guys would start to tell me what could be done or not done, then realize i'd already done it.

16. Northern Flash

Same here. But my fear would be that a lot of the greenhorns would never survive the city job with a clean driving record.

17. Northern Flash

Yep. There is nothing better then having first hand experience when supervising others.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. a9faninnc

It sure would separate the drivers from the steering wheel holders..

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  19. canaryinthemine

As I stated, I ran those Metro areas,.....NYC, Chicago, Baltimore, Cleveland, Wash D.C, ,........Just because people live in an impoverished area doesn't mean they're all animals. If that was the case, we'd be fencing off most of W.Va, Eastern Ky, and parts of SW Penna, where I live. 10 years ago, the second-poorest county in the US was Fayette County, Pa...........or as we fondly call it, .."Fayette-Nam".

I've never had a problem with the denizens of all these areas..............There are amoral animals in any stratum of society. Didn't we just have a millionaire go on a shooting rampage in Las Vegas? I'm sure there are rotten-hearted human animals in any town across America,........even,...say,....Palm Beach, Fla.

I ran Hunt's Point produce market,....and heard all the horror stories......Ran Red Hook, Brooklyn,....sugar docks,.......same thing.

Point is, ....if you act like a stupid, scared fool......someone will take advantage of you.

Most of these people,.. are Americans. The rest want to be, if given half a chance. A little respect and dignity go a long way,....and I've never had to go into a "bad" area with my "courage" strapped to my hip,......or concealed under my jacket...

Yeah,....I own guns.....and I'm a veteran. I have a son in the military. I don't think we should paint any area of this country with a broad brush, and condemn people just because of where they live. My Irish ancestors are only about four generations back,..........right after the Potato famine in the 1840's,.....where a common sign with employers around this country was : "No Irish Need Apply."

Seems like we ain't learned very much since then........

Magoo likes this.
  20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

We had learned to live together. Until groups found out that the Mob Mentality of Victimhood (Social Media claiming Social Justice) gave them Special Status.

Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.