Trump, Putin held a second, undisclosed meeting at G20 summit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Here is a more accurate reporting.....one that supports your post about it being in a room with other G20 leaders....
    " At a dinner at the G20 summit, President Trump got up and walked over to Vladimir Putin for a one-on-one conversation, with only Putin’s interpreter present, that lasted for anywhere between a few minutes (White House version) and as long as an hour (reported by Eurasia Group’s Ian Bremmer, citing other leaders who remarked on the exchange)"..

The issue with this is that no one really knows what was said and that’s because there was no U.S. interpreter, thus meaning there is no independent American account of what was discussed.....and it also means, as I said, not even Trump really knows what Putin really said...... That's the problem and it demonstrates that Trump’s willingness to meet with Putin without an American interpreter present is a sign that he hasn’t even mastered a most basic element of his job as President when talking to foreign leaders.....especially a Russian President...

I couldn't find anything from CNN about admitting the meeting between Trump and Putin without an American Russian language translator was "fake".... Only Tweets from Trump and a story in The Blaze...which is an obvious right wing source.... Hardly an unbiased source.....
    Now if you can provide a link to CNN where they, themselves, make that admission, I'd gladly read it.....

Don't get me wrong, in today's heated and very politically polarized environment, " fake" news is something that can happen.....

2. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

3. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

[​IMG]

Northern Flash and Bart like this.