Trump Says Puerto Rico's Debt Will Have To Be Wiped Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, Oct 3, 2017.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...ped-out/ar-AAsSd4X?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
    Oct 3 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Tuesday while on a trip to Puerto Rico to observe hurricane recovery efforts that the island's massive debt will have to be wiped out.

"They owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street and we're going to have to wipe that out. You're going to say goodbye to that, I don't know if it's Goldman Sachs but whoever it is you can wave goodbye to that," Trump said in an interview with Fox News.

Puerto Rico, which earlier this year filed the biggest bankruptcy in U.S. municipal history, is struggling to regain economic stability in the face of a $72 billion debt load and near-insolvent public health and pension systems.

Sounds like a plan. Wave it goodbye!

2. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I heard California is working on a typhoon machine to hit themselves to get out from under their debt

Northern Flash likes this.
  3. slavenomore

4. Bubba74

Decades upon decades of mismanagement should not be wiped out because of this
    yes it will take a lot to get PR back on its feet, the people of PR need to get to work and stop waiting for the govt to save them

Northern Flash likes this.
  5. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

LOL ok Donald Make that bankruptcy debt go away
    Next up, the 3 trillion nationwide pension debt.

Make it all go away donald !

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The only way PR's debt should be wiped away is that there also has to be an agreement that those who ran up the debt can never be in power again, which is their Democrat party. Same goes for America and the doubling of our debt by Obama.
    :kickedoutsmile:

7. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

They're already AT WORK, uncovering bodies to be buried wherever, discovering potable WATER if at all, trying to undue the tangled mess as best as they can without compensation.
    I suppose if your town/city area were wiped away by a Tornado or Hurricane or Earthquake, you would be able to "get to work and not await the gov't to save you", yes?
    You feel the same for the VICTIMS in Houston and Florida? They should just "get to work and stay off the gov't teet"?

Mismanagement is a U. S. Gov't perogative.

The good ole U.S.A. has WIPED AWAY DEBTS of other countries, so what's the problem with "clearing the financial slate" of Puerto Rico since it IS a U.S. Territory?
    - - -
    Just curious.
    --I'm sure I'll get lambasted so getty up go--

Oh and Not My President Grump is the biggest IMBECILE to have ever been "elected" as president.

8. Bubba74

you have a very short memory

9. slavenomore

If the banks loaned the money....why are they never told about their mismanagement?
    They made a mistake and mismanaged by loaning to Puerto Rico......we all would love to make money and never lose....but the banks?
    They seem to be reinforced as "entitled" to win...no matter what.........If the leader of Puerto rico says " I'm not paying you back."
    the banks took their spotlighted businessmans risk.....and lost........................Who gets jailed?

YRC and the banks made the deal and we all pay.....somebody in Puerto Rico and banks made a deal and we all pay.........yet some from both situations walk away kings for the rest of their life.....and the masses have to suffer....something is wrong with the picture and needs huge change......It's criminal.

10. Cerberus_Kelpie

Well the island IS a u.s. territory so what's different regarding finances and management of??

11. Cerberus_Kelpie

I not into politics. I merely view current situations. grump would need to be more intelligent to be a moron.

12. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Anything specific come to mind???

13. Cerberus_Kelpie

Laughter!!

14. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

You're "not into politics" by your own account.Just wondering of any specifics you may have,in your opinion of the President,and what sources of media(since you're not into politics)have led you to your opinion.

15. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Liberals don't have to explain or justify anything. Just ill-informed bomb throwing.

16. Cerberus_Kelpie

The consistency of incompetence glaringly displayed anytime grump begins speaking is detrimental to forward progress of these supposed "United" states as well the other Countries he has openly offended. News "sources" are easily identified and these reliable sources are not of/in the U.S.A.

MANY People, the Common Sense population, do not walk around with blinders and earplugs. The other population seems to believe, regardless how bewildering, whatever grumpy speaks is truth.

As it was, so shall it be.