Trump supports 25-cent gas tax hike to fund infrastructure plan, lawmakers say

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Rastus

Rastus ..What Goes Around Comes Around.. AD-FREE USER

Lawmakers who attended a meeting with the president said Trump endorsed the idea of raising the gas tax and promised to provide leadership on the issue.

"To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges," Democratic Sen. Tom Carper of Delaware said in a statement.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...o-fund-infrastructure-plan-lawmakers-say.html

This would be the most fair way to pay for infrastructure, however like social security the crooks in DC would spend it what ever they like.
    If politicians kept social security in a separate account our checks would be $10,000 a month.

Northern Flash and SuperCourse like this.
  2. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

That's the key, they need a dedicated fund this revenue goes into strictly for infrastructure. Do that, and I'm all for it. Also talking about taxing internet purchases, at last, should have been done a decade ago. I'm all for it. Would have never happened with Obama, he was too chummy with the Silicon Valley elites.

3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

they don't put the money that is currently in the gas tax towards infrastructure, it goes to the general fund
    as will this money, maybe not at first but eventually
    DCgrad isn't going to let a pile of money just sit there and not be used

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

Exactly. They just can't resist spending this money, so we can't sit back and allow this to happen. They are trying to hoodwink the American people again, and we can't let them get away with it. I'm appalled that Trump would even get behind such an idiotic idea.

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

What else is in this same conversation is that Trump's proposal would also allow the states to put in more toll roads for "infrastructure".
    That is double dipping the American people.
    1) We pay an additional .25 cent tax at the pump.(On top of the infrastructure tax that we are already paying at the pump.)
    2) We pay again at the toll road booths.

Screw that!

Trump is slowly digging himself a hole that he won't get out of if his Liberalism keeps surfacing.

Personally, I think he has about nine months left to govern and get things done, because if he keeps moving to the left, the Republicans could lose the Senate and/or the House and his Presidency becomes a lame duck operation as he fights for his survival to even finish out his first term. If he continues moving left, his base will stay home for the midterms, then the impeachment proceedings will begin immediately in 2019 after losing the Senate and/or House.