Trump Wants to Murder Poor- Cut Social Safety Net

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/ret...ffect-america’s-poorest/ar-BBJ8B81?li=BBnb7Kz

the article is then filled with tug on your heart strings
    like the 25 year old girl with 3 kids who for the last 7 years has been trying to get subsidized housing
    (7 years- sounds to me like the program is broke)

these programs are bloated and ineffecent, change is needed
    of course the opposition will frame it and "rich billionaire hates poor"
    remember the road to hell is paved with good intensions

2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I guarantee your all going to be sorry when it's your time to retire.

Suddenly you look around with fresh eyes and wonder "What Happen?"

But I thought it was only going to punish the lazy people, the minority's and mentally deficits.
    Now I found out some one included me in that group by mistake,:bouncy:

3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Kentucky (like most states) has a major pension problem
    teachers are complaining about purposed cuts
    someone told me they would rather not know about it
    How smart is that, ignore it until it is your time to retire and there is nothing

Social security- the govts retirement plan is paid into by the tax payers, that money is supposed to be in a "lock box" for those that have paid in. Anyone foolish enough to believe that SS is all you need to live on once you retire either is a fool or doesn't need a lot to live. The politicans have over promised for decades, they have put in these "safety nets" that create generational poverty
    Something needs to be done, the establishment wont do anything, looks like the Storm will try
    (the Storm being an analogy for Trump because he has gone to DCgrad and really rocked the boats)

4. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

You folks always say something needs to be done, we need to fix it.
    What do you suppose people who never liked it have in plan to fix it?

Real Republicans are wealthy business people they don't need Social Security to retire on.
    They always resented government in their pockets or any regulations on them turning a bigger profit.
    But most people do need all the help they can get.
    Thats just the down and dirty reality of life here in the USA

5. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

AGAIN, social security isn’t a entitlement it’s a poor return on a my 7.5% plus my employers 7.5% fica taxes. Along with Medicare.

If the government insists on forced retirement funds, the technology is there to force the 15% be put in a 401k I’d agree with that over SS in a heartbeat. That way the government can’t steal the money.

Medicaid is an entitlement, like it or not it’s free stuff with no “investment” in taxes required. Same with ssi, food stamps, section 8, welfare, etc.

Northern Flash and Big Dave like this.
  6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish.

Wrong. Real Republicans work hard their entire life and know better than to count on a Govt. promise.
    We exercise other retirement options.
    Freeloaders sit back and take the easiest path available while counting on Govt to be there for them.

7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish.

Excellent post. But he already knows that. He is one that counts on the Govt. to fund his lifestyle. Only people with zero pride, zero dignity, zero ambition, and likely favor fraudulent claims, are willing to count on another man to fund their lifestyle.