FedEx Freight | Trump's corporate tax cut for the windfall

Thom-8-Toes

TB Lurker
Credits
I for one am wondering...Will the Powers that be at Fed-Ex Corp. Pass along an extra bonus to the workers like others Corps.i.e.(at & t, walmart) ...et al. have.......I know we are getting our incentive bonus.....but thats an earned bonus.....Im referencing....President Trump's corporate tax cut for the windfall....being passed down.....

Maybe thats why the incentive was pushed back a week.....?

I for one am wondering...Will the Powers that be at Fed-Ex Corp. Pass along an extra bonus to the workers like others Corps.i.e.(at & t, walmart) ...et al. have.......I know we are getting our incentive bonus.....but thats an earned bonus.....Im referencing....President Trump's corporate tax cut for the windfall....being passed down.....

:biglaugh::fan:I woudnt hold my breath.

We see a great new career in your future!
Will you auditioning for America’s Got Talent as a stand up comedian?

Fat chance! Hell even Walmart is passing out 1000 bills to their employees. The money windfall for FedEx Corp execs will be tremendous due to this tax break for business and I just don’t see them being generous to the peons like some other big names

Fat chance! Hell even Walmart is passing out 1000 bills to their employees. The money windfall for FedEx Corp execs will be tremendous due to this tax break for business and I just don’t see them being generous to the peons like some other big names
AND all this time I was made to believe that I was the backbone of this company

I have heard theories that we may see another large hourly increase in October but purely speculation. Your best bet is to have FedEx stock or make sure you have it in one of your 401k mutual funds. Stock buybacks and dividend increases will most likely be on many large companies this year. Personally I have asked for our 6% match be a true 100% match at that level instead of the current formula. Waiting to hear back from the ivory tower on that one.

This^^^^

I can be pretty sure the AIC bonus will not be effected. It is based on specific parameters. Nothing more. Nothing less.

BUT, you are among the few who are on the right track, in terms of EXPECTATION. :1036316054:

I'm just gonna be straight, the replies to 8-Toes are a little disappointing. With the exception of The Point, and to a lesser extent Red, Yall seem to have a pretty low expectation.:nono h4h:

First off, there will be a opportunity for additional funding in a number of areas. We should, as a group, EXPECT that additional funding to include us. There is NO reason not to. In fact that expectation should be shared. More on how later...

I don't have time to get into details right now, but NOW is the time to think about where that funding should go. Decisions will be made long before the Oct increase is announced. It might be a good idea to let Corp. know what your expectation is.

If you look at margins, FedEx has a far more favorable margin than Walmart, and there is in fact a driver shortage. There is certainly room for significant gains. The key is to show how such gains can and will benefit the Company, as well. I think we can do that.

Stay tuned... :smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
I'm just gonna be straight, the replies to 8-Toes are a little disappointing. With the exception of The Point, and to a lesser extent Red, Yall seem to have a pretty low expectation.:nono h4h:

First off, there will be a opportunity for additional funding in a number of areas. We should, as a group, EXPECT that additional funding to include us. There is NO reason not to. In fact that expectation should be shared. More on how later...

I don't have time to get into details right now, but NOW is the time to think about where that funding should go. Decisions will be made long before the Oct increase is announced. It might be a good idea to let Corp. know what your expectation is.

If you look at margins, FedEx has a far more favorable margin than Walmart, and there is in fact a driver shortage. There is certainly room for significant gains. The key is to show how such gains can and will benefit the Company, as well. I think we can do that.

Stay tuned... :smilie93c peelout:

Ugh! Less Hyperbole and conjecture and more details driver :chairshot:

My son works for Walmart while he is going to college, and it’s not what it sounds like, the 1000 dollar bonus is for 20 year employees, which is very few, and the dollar raise is only for the new hires, so my son who is at 11.00 after 2 years won’t get a raise, but will be back at the bottom of the pay scale. So a new employee will start at the same as 2 year employee. So it’s not like all employees are getting a raise. Their last cost of living raise was like .18 cents last year.

My son works for Walmart while he is going to college, and it’s not what it sounds like, the 1000 dollar bonus is for 20 year employees, which is very few, and the dollar raise is only for the new hires, so my son who is at 11.00 after 2 years won’t get a raise, but will be back at the bottom of the pay scale. So a new employee will start at the same as 2 year employee. So it’s not like all employees are getting a raise. Their last cost of living raise was like .18 cents last year.

Thanks for the clarification. Still though, corporate and corporations alike will do well under this plan as it was intended. Although, it’s sole purpose was for expansions and productivity, I do fear some will simply use the additional cash to line their own pockets and nothing else. That being said, the next 3 years will be quite interesting.

Side note... I’m happy that ole crow was never elected and that other butt hole is now just a footnote in history. AMF

FXF Canada is getting something nice. They will be getting a 5th week of vacation for 20 years of service. Some terminals here in the southeast were told the whole freight division was getting it...... but then less than 24 hours later we were told nope, just Canada. oh well,it was a beautiful thing even if only for a day.