FedEx Freight | Trump's corporate tax cut for the windfall

Thanks for the clarification. Still though, corporate and corporations alike will do well under this plan as it was intended. Although, it’s sole purpose was for expansions and productivity, I do fear some will simply use the additional cash to line their own pockets and nothing else. That being said, the next 3 years will be quite interesting.

Side note... I’m happy that ole crow was never elected and that other butt hole is now just a footnote in history. AMF
Coop Dispatch has announced, they will be giving their drivers several bonuses. With some exceptions.
No accidents. 15 percent of their smallest payweek added to check after 1 year.
Truck averages at least 10 mpg, for the year, a Target 15 dollar gift card.
No complaints on any last mile deliveries for past year, 15 coupons from Steak and Shake.
Stayed on legal paved roads, and not on any wooden streets,or mountain trails, they get their picture taken wearing Big Dave's hat.

I do fear some will simply use the additional cash to line their own pockets and nothing else. That being said, the next 3 years will be quite interesting.

On the 1st part, I disagree. Market forces will dictate otherwise. Competition will not allow that. Very few companies can simply pocket a 15% windfall, especially when all competing companies are more//less enjoying that same windfall.

On the second part, I wholeheartedly agree!

Ugh! Less Hyperbole and conjecture and more details driver :chairshot:
Not wanting to go to deep into the weeds, let's break it down into bite sized chunks. 1st, the actual savings on Federal Corp Taxes. The profit now available, that wasn't available before.

While we on this topic, were going to use FedEx Corp numbers. Also, ballpark figure should suffice. We'll go with the most simple public numbers. The prior effective rate was 35+%, now it's 20%. An approx. 43% reduction in (Federal) Corporate Taxes.The concept is all that's important, at this point.

FedEx Tax Facts: http://about.van.fedex.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/20160201-FedEx_Tax_Facts.pdf

Off the top Fedex will send 15% less of it's profits to the Federal Government. That is 15% of it's profits (annually) that CAN and WILL go elsewhere. The question seems to be WHERE? Additional tax benefits, in the form of accelerated depreciation on durables purchased, are not going to be factored in here. Big (long term) picture being what it is, I don't think that portion of the tax plan applies here.

Most think that 15% will go into the bonuses for upper management, stockholders and stock buybacks. Red wants/expects to see it go into fleet and facilities upgrades, Dave wants Hat accommodations/allowances. And (to no one's surprise), I'd like to see employee compensation/benefits enhanced, significantly.

My bet, it will be a mixture of all of the above. Again, everyone should EXPECT it to be a mixture that favors the workforce.

Going forward, the next part of the discussion should be where such enhancement should go, how to communicate it and WHY such enhancements will benefit the company.

Stay tuned... :smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
Not wanting to go to deep into the weeds, let's break it down into bite sized chunks. 1st, the actual savings on Federal Corp Taxes. The profit now available, that wasn't available before.

While we on this topic, were going to use FedEx Corp numbers. Also, ballpark figure should suffice. We'll go with the most simple public numbers. The prior effective rate was 35+%, now it's 20%. An approx. 43% reduction in (Federal) Corporate Taxes.The concept is all that's important, at this point.

FedEx Tax Facts: http://about.van.fedex.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/20160201-FedEx_Tax_Facts.pdf

Off the top Fedex will send 15% less of it's profits to the Federal Government. That is 15% of it's profits (annually) that CAN and WILL go elsewhere. The question seems to be WHERE? Additional tax benefits, in the form of accelerated depreciation on durables purchased, are not going to be factored in here. Big (long term) picture being what it is, I don't think that portion of the tax plan applies here.

Most think that 15% will go into the bonuses for upper management, stockholders and stock buybacks. Red wants/expects to see it go into fleet and facilities upgrades, Dave wants Hat accommodations/allowances. And (to no one's surprise), I'd like to see employee compensation/benefits enhanced, significantly.

My bet, it will be a mixture of all of the above. Again, everyone should EXPECT it to be a mixture that favors the workforce.

Going forward, the next part of the discussion should be where such enhancement should go, how to communicate it and WHY such enhancements will benefit the company.

Swamp I enjoy your optimism, but judging by what they have done in the past they will only do the minimum amount to achieve their desired result.

0720b47b_nothing-meme-generator-you-ll-get-nothing-and-like-it-926b06-1-.jpg

I agree with most of your post BUT (you knew it was coming)....

Let’s not forget that this isn’t just a one time windfall, this will continue for years to come (or until the Dem’s take control of Congress) so there’s no reason everything that’s been suggested can’t take place...over time.

I would love to see our wages and bennies reflect what I think we mean and deserve to the bottom line but also there are many other needs within the company. Continuing to get new equipment is a no brainer because newer equipment contributes to better profits for various reasons but there’s also some serious need for new centers, which also contributes to better profits!! Has anyone been to Augusta, Ga in the last 25 years?? To quote Trump, the center itself is a “sh!thole” and IMO it’s a disgrace that they’ve had to put up with that building/yard for as long as they have!! Kudos to the employees of AGS for making it work but you can’t convince me that building them, and others, a new center(s) would not only improve morale but would also lead to better profits.

I think we all want the same thing in the end, it’s just the roads we take to get there. Some want wages and bennies now while I’d rather see reinvestment into the company...to make us all more profitable which would eventually give us all the wages and bennies that we desire.

No not at all, they are just not funny anymore and tend to clutter up every thread in the Fed ex forum. Are you the type of guy that tells the same joke over and over again?
For some time now, the RC crew has ignored all the drivel from that source.
Similar to learning to live with tinnitus.

One thing I always wished FedEx would have kept in place......

Was the Company Stock Purchase Program the Mr. Garrison had in place...

Purchase company stock at the lowest price of 2 particular days of the year...

I'll tell you , that Man was a Real People Person....and We were the People...

And I agree with Crazy Trucker....the big hat shat....only muddys the waters and takes away from the content....
Might as well talk about purple thongs...'sheesh'