Tuning the trucks up to 70

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by miltowntrucker, Jan 25, 2018.

1. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

Does anyone know if they are still turning up the trucks to 70? One of our mechanics said a couple weeks ago he hasn' seen any bulletins about it....

2. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

I've heard some terminals are already getting some done, but it'll be a slow process. Judging by a Dayton truck that kept pulling away from me last night until I could no longer see it, it looks like it's happening.

icuicp likes this.
  3. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Also, a couple guys I work with have mentioned having their "doors blown off" by other Dayton trucks recently.

4. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

I thought you guys had been doing 70 for a while. My truck runs 67 with 69 passing speed and I get passed by Dayton all the time.

5. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

We've been set at 68 up to this point. They announced a few months ago that they'd turn them all up to 70, but that it would take a while to get them all done. Also, they wouldn't go into the shop just for that; it had to be during a PM.

I actually just got a PM done and mine is still at 68, so I don't know what their plan is to get them all done. I'm not too worried about it, though. I'm just glad we can already quickly pass the starter OTR trucks.

6. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

So apparently only the brand new trucks are running 70, set from the factory. A memo posted in Dayton said the other trucks will be turned up starting in late February or March during a transmission campaign where they tweak the computers to change shift points or whatever voodoo they're planning.

The thing is, they are starting with city trucks for some reason. Road units will not go in for all that until late Spring or early Summer according to the memo. I'm not sure if that is system-wide or unique to our specific region.

icuicp likes this.