TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

Discussion in 'Holland' started by wongway, Feb 5, 2017.

1. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

TURN THE TRUCKS UP TO DO AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT !! It's like OMG , you are "extremely" short of driver's BUT won't turn the trucks up to run at least the speed limit and to cover more miles per day and get the freight moving :6799: just can't fix stupid :chairshot:

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Active Member

We'd be lucky to get back to 65.

Just keep knocking it out of gear falling off Jellico and keep flashing over all the other freight companies once they blow our doors off :15:

3. Low-Rider

Low-Rider Active Member

[​IMG]
    Freight late....Air cleaner

4. Low-Rider

Low-Rider Active Member

Wonder how much sending the freight the right direction would help the environment.:smilie93c peelout:

Toby, bigtruk_us, yrc-atm and 4 others like this.
  5. sedain

sedain Member

i can see how most if not all linehaul drivers would want this, but as a city dock/driver i would rather take a .02 pay raise than the company spend millions more in fuel and statistically greater likelyhood of accidents. the "max" speed for trucks in michigan legally is 60 anyway.

budah likes this.
  6. budah

budah New Member

So tired of the turn the truck up crowd. How about stop sleeping on the ramps. You will get there faster / pay raise

ltlguy2013 likes this.
  7. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Guys quit pencil whipping books and they would've been forced to turn them up long ago.

30yearman, Skypilot, wongway and 2 others like this.
  8. TonyTheTiger

My 14 series came back to me after a 2 month vacation in Memphis running 61 mph. I'm not about to speed with the ink pen to compensate. :censored: em.

wongway and troubleman84 like this.
  9. the5tolls

the5tolls I hope we make it to 19....got my NO ready

Amen Brother!

wongway likes this.
  10. wongway

Ok , so then will these new Electronic logs solve this problem ?? but still say trucks need to be turned up to at least 68 mph ?? and some of you old timer's remember the "Jumper Wires" WE USED TO RUN ??? THINKING WE NEED SOME NEW JUMPER WIRES THEN ??

Skypilot and troubleman84 like this.
  11. Low-Rider

Low-Rider Active Member

Better known as Copper fuel or Top Hat.....They track us with mobile rat system now.....

wongway likes this.
  12. the5tolls

the5tolls I hope we make it to 19....got my NO ready

You call it the mobile rat system...are you referring to the tracking they can do with the freightliners? Does anyone know exactly what they can and can not track when you are driving a Freightliner and are the 15, 16 and 17 series all tracked the same? Thanks I am always wondering if you run out of route or put it in neutral going down a big hill if they can tell that sort of stuff? Or even if you are leaving it in manual or running in eleventh gear to get a jump on the next hill?

13. norcal10

norcal10 Active Member

You gotta enlighten me, how do the jumper wires work?

14. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Oh the great wire on the 19-21 series sterlings. Could only pop clutch on 23s but you could get 80 out of it if you timed it right.

15. mud

mud Wonderin'

I use to see linehaul drivers pull into the Roadway yard, stop and open the hood of their tractor and pull off their jumper wires.
    At one time Roadway set up a number of linehaul tractors to shut down when interfered with. The driver would then be fired, which I only heard of once. The driver got his job back, when he admitted his mistake.

wongway and the5tolls like this.
  16. wongway

Yep , we all had Jumper wires for the Old Sterling trucks & got freight there on time too !

17. TonyTheTiger

I was told that was Detroit Diesel's satellite diagnostic system but I think the trucks only come with a one year "subscription" if you will and I know Holland isn't going to pay for that after the time is up.

the5tolls likes this.
  18. chart100

chart100 Member

why should they, they can turn the trucks down to 55mph and most drivers will still get 'er done!

troubleman84 and Skypilot like this.
  19. wongway

Jumper Wire is a short pcs of wire with clips on each end and we could connect one end to a secret spot under dash and other end to other secret spot on the old Sterling trucks and then you could get out and run the speed limit or a little better !!! Can't do it with new ones YET , but saying they are working on a laptop download ,that you can just plug onto truck & make it run the speed limit ! Amazing what Driver's can come up with !!, But still bottom line if they want there freight to move turn the trucks up to the speed limit !!! DUH , or let there freight set in trap trailer's like they do now !!

Skypilot likes this.
  20. Skypilot

Skypilot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately guy's keep gittin it done,no breaks, pencil whipping the book,it's a shame folks choose to work like that,but to each is own,that's tough to compete with, as always our own worst enemies

wongway and the5tolls like this.