Holland | TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

TURN THE TRUCKS UP TO DO AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT !! It's like OMG , you are "extremely" short of driver's BUT won't turn the trucks up to run at least the speed limit and to cover more miles per day and get the freight moving :6799: just can't fix stupid :chairshot:

B73TKAR.jpg

Freight late....Air cleaner

TURN THE TRUCKS UP TO DO AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT !! It's like OMG , you are "extremely" short of driver's BUT won't turn the trucks up to run at least the speed limit and to cover more miles per day and get the freight moving :6799: just can't fix stupid :chairshot:
i can see how most if not all linehaul drivers would want this, but as a city dock/driver i would rather take a .02 pay raise than the company spend millions more in fuel and statistically greater likelyhood of accidents. the "max" speed for trucks in michigan legally is 60 anyway.

i can see how most if not all linehaul drivers would want this, but as a city dock/driver i would rather take a .02 pay raise than the company spend millions more in fuel and statistically greater likelyhood of accidents. the "max" speed for trucks in michigan legally is 60 anyway.
So tired of the turn the truck up crowd. How about stop sleeping on the ramps. You will get there faster / pay raise

Guys quit pencil whipping books and they would've been forced to turn them up long ago.
Ok , so then will these new Electronic logs solve this problem ?? but still say trucks need to be turned up to at least 68 mph ?? and some of you old timer's remember the "Jumper Wires" WE USED TO RUN ??? THINKING WE NEED SOME NEW JUMPER WIRES THEN ??

Ok , so then will these new Electronic logs solve this problem ?? but still say trucks need to be turned up to at least 68 mph ?? and some of you old timer's remember the "Jumper Wires" WE USED TO RUN ??? THINKING WE NEED SOME NEW JUMPER WIRES THEN ??
Better known as Copper fuel or Top Hat.....They track us with mobile rat system now.....

Better known as Copper fuel or Top Hat.....They track us with mobile rat system now.....
You call it the mobile rat system...are you referring to the tracking they can do with the freightliners? Does anyone know exactly what they can and can not track when you are driving a Freightliner and are the 15, 16 and 17 series all tracked the same? Thanks I am always wondering if you run out of route or put it in neutral going down a big hill if they can tell that sort of stuff? Or even if you are leaving it in manual or running in eleventh gear to get a jump on the next hill?

You gotta enlighten me, how do the jumper wires work?

Oh the great wire on the 19-21 series sterlings. Could only pop clutch on 23s but you could get 80 out of it if you timed it right.

I use to see linehaul drivers pull into the Roadway yard, stop and open the hood of their tractor and pull off their jumper wires.
At one time Roadway set up a number of linehaul tractors to shut down when interfered with. The driver would then be fired, which I only heard of once. The driver got his job back, when he admitted his mistake.

I use to see linehaul drivers pull into the Roadway yard, stop and open the hood of their tractor and pull off their jumper wires.
At one time Roadway set up a number of linehaul tractors to shut down when interfered with. The driver would then be fired, which I only heard of once. The driver got his job back, when he admitted his mistake.
Yep , we all had Jumper wires for the Old Sterling trucks & got freight there on time too !

You call it the mobile rat system...are you referring to the tracking they can do with the freightliners? Does anyone know exactly what they can and can not track when you are driving a Freightliner and are the 15, 16 and 17 series all tracked the same? Thanks I am always wondering if you run out of route or put it in neutral going down a big hill if they can tell that sort of stuff? Or even if you are leaving it in manual or running in eleventh gear to get a jump on the next hill?

I was told that was Detroit Diesel's satellite diagnostic system but I think the trucks only come with a one year "subscription" if you will and I know Holland isn't going to pay for that after the time is up.

You gotta enlighten me, how do the jumper wires work?
Jumper Wire is a short pcs of wire with clips on each end and we could connect one end to a secret spot under dash and other end to other secret spot on the old Sterling trucks and then you could get out and run the speed limit or a little better !!! Can't do it with new ones YET , but saying they are working on a laptop download ,that you can just plug onto truck & make it run the speed limit ! Amazing what Driver's can come up with !!, But still bottom line if they want there freight to move turn the trucks up to the speed limit !!! DUH , or let there freight set in trap trailer's like they do now !!

Jumper Wire is a short pcs of wire with clips on each end and we could connect one end to a secret spot under dash and other end to other secret spot on the old Sterling trucks and then you could get out and run the speed limit or a little better !!! Can't do it with new ones YET , but saying they are working on a laptop download ,that you can just plug onto truck & make it run the speed limit ! Amazing what Driver's can come up with !!, But still bottom line if they want there freight to move turn the trucks up to the speed limit !!! DUH , or let there freight set in trap trailer's like they do now !!
Unfortunately guy's keep gittin it done,no breaks, pencil whipping the book,it's a shame folks choose to work like that,but to each is own,that's tough to compete with, as always our own worst enemies