TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

Discussion in 'Holland' started by wongway, Feb 5, 2017.

1. M3ATY

M3ATY ┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛

I understand that. These days customers want items that they ordered today yesterday and have no idea how freight actually moves. They also have no problem finding someone who will move it faster and for much cheaper.

I can only speak for my specific terminal, but it's not uncommon for some of our loaded trailers to sit for a day or two. We have PT come into our yard every once and while when we get real backed up or overwhelmed.

If these companies don't have freight sitting wouldn't that more or less be about them not taking on more freight than they can handle and just moving the freight that they have versus they can move more freight because their trucks can go 65?

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

We all wish that we could go faster, but if the freight isn't getting moved it's more about bad dispatching and/or lack of drivers in my opinion. Sure, more speed would help a little, but the dispatchers already know the top speed and that should be factored in already.
    Freight sitting should be the exception, not the rule. And from what I'm hearing it's become the rule (or normal) at Holland.

3. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Missing about 10 to 20 Del's and pick ups daily because of our slow 62 mph trucks and taking 2 hours to run 1 1/2 hour trip , BUT hey getting paid by the minute and so guess Upper management NOT so good with the number's after all !! and remember SPEED KILLS , so drive for Holland and live forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griz likes this.
  4. wongway

Really think YRCW is trying hard to run Holland into the ground , when they won't raise WAGES so people will apply and won't turn trucks up ,so we can cover more ground with less Driver's :6788:

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

Wong, stop by the coop and Donna will turn it up for you....:1036316054:

wongway likes this.
  6. wongway

Good idea and thanks to Donna ,she's a great Gal ! [​IMG]

Big Dave likes this.