Holland | TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

I had to chuckle this morning, I am running open board but I managed to get a home load. So I get to the terminal and three quarters of the docks are empty and city guys are sitting around with their thumbs up their behinds. One of them asks me, where are all the road drivers nobody is showing up this morning? And I just grinned and said plenty loud enough that they could hear it behind the glass...."they should turn those trucks down a few miles per hour more, nobody will show up till noon! LOL

I had to chuckle this morning, I am running open board but I managed to get a home load. So I get to the terminal and three quarters of the docks are empty and city guys are sitting around with their thumbs up their behinds. One of them asks me, where are all the road drivers nobody is showing up this morning? And I just grinned and said plenty loud enough that they could hear it behind the glass...."they should turn those trucks down a few miles per hour more, nobody will show up till noon! LOL
YUP, agree , Holland does NOT want to move the freight , when keeping the trucks at 62mph , so let the loads sit and let city guys sit on the clock and wait for the 62 mph trucks !! Can't fix stupid at 62 mph !!

quEL0bf.jpg

XPO , announced they are turning there trucks UP to 70 mph , so they can move the freight with the extreme driver shortage , gee what a great idea turn the trucks up so the freight can get moving !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN THE TRUCKS UP TO DO AT LEAST THE SPEED LIMIT !! It's like OMG , you are "extremely" short of driver's BUT won't turn the trucks up to run at least the speed limit and to cover more miles per day and get the freight moving :6799: just can't fix stupid :chairshot:
Then my fu*king paycheck up and I will be happy!!!

Unfortunately guy's keep gittin it done,no breaks, pencil whipping the book,it's a shame folks choose to work like that,but to each is own,that's tough to compete with, as always our own worst enemies
Good afternoon

I just saw several XPO people at the NTDC in Columbus last week and did not hear this. I’m very surprised that they would do this just due to the millions it would cost them in fuel MPG alone.

We are constantly evaluating the fleet from a safety and efficiency standpoint. Right now our 62 mph plan is based on the OEM and internal data recommendations, things change constantly and I’m always open to making sure we are doing the right thing.

I will inquire with our equipment services group on this new information you have shared.

Be safe and have a great weekend.

Darren. An this is why we run 62

Good afternoon

I just saw several XPO people at the NTDC in Columbus last week and did not hear this. I’m very surprised that they would do this just due to the millions it would cost them in fuel MPG alone.

We are constantly evaluating the fleet from a safety and efficiency standpoint. Right now our 62 mph plan is based on the OEM and internal data recommendations, things change constantly and I’m always open to making sure we are doing the right thing.

I will inquire with our equipment services group on this new information you have shared.

Be safe and have a great weekend.

Darren. An this is why we run 62
And , this is WHY you have freight sitting all over NOT moving because of 62 mph trucks and so are we a freight storage or freight hauler ????????????????

What do you guys know about the Diesel Doctor over by the quad cities? I think he works one of the truck stops up on 80 maybe the Loves? I know two guys who have their trucks turned up by him for a hundred bucks each. They have them set up to do 68 by using the pedal but then if you let off and pump pedal three times you can work the speed up to 75 using the cruise up arrow. With all of the guys blowing my doors off every night I have to think there are guys from other terminals that have buddies in the shop or are using similiar type guys to get their trucks turned up? Do you guys know anybody that has ever been caught doing this? If you are fired for this tampering will the union be able to get you your job back? It is getting so cut throat out here with guys running past the front of your truck in terminal parking lots that a guy has to consider bending the rules in their favor. I should say I have always been against this option in the past!

What do you guys know about the Diesel Doctor over by the quad cities? I think he works one of the truck stops up on 80 maybe the Loves? I know two guys who have their trucks turned up by him for a hundred bucks each. They have them set up to do 68 by using the pedal but then if you let off and pump pedal three times you can work the speed up to 75 using the cruise up arrow. With all of the guys blowing my doors off every night I have to think there are guys from other terminals that have buddies in the shop or are using similiar type guys to get their trucks turned up? Do you guys know anybody that has ever been caught doing this? If you are fired for this tampering will the union be able to get you your job back? It is getting so cut throat out here with guys running past the front of your truck in terminal parking lots that a guy has to consider bending the rules in their favor. I should say I have always been against this option in the past!
We had dang near every International and Volvo in the fleet turned up in 2013/2014. Man what a time to be alive, it was like the Wild West out there. We got some freight moved big time with paper logs and a good running truck. Mine was turned down 3 times and was never spoken to or got a letter about it. Just for the record, there was enough freight then for everyone to work 6-7 days a week so I don’t want to hear all this taking food off another man’s table nonsense. As for doing one now I don’t have any info for ya on the current times.

I think they are just asking for trouble, the company can find out who was in the computer last and what had been done to it. Now I have the need for speed also BUT I know 2 guys out of my terminal that played around and both don't work here anymore, discharged for tampering with units. And yes we are union. Too many ways to track you now, ours will report speed.direction,braking,fuel,etc etc just not worth it to me, and we only run 62