Holland | TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

i can see how most if not all linehaul drivers would want this, but as a city dock/driver i would rather take a .02 pay raise than the company spend millions more in fuel and statistically greater likelyhood of accidents. the "max" speed for trucks in michigan legally is 60 anyway.
You answered your on question your a city sick driver. Set in one of these trucks for 11 hours. And you would understand!

i can see how most if not all linehaul drivers would want this, but as a city dock/driver i would rather take a .02 pay raise than the company spend millions more in fuel and statistically greater likelyhood of accidents. the "max" speed for trucks in michigan legally is 60 anyway.
65 in Michigan now

quEL0bf.jpg

ywFfeGf.jpg

Was behind my partner this morning. Does he drive slow....

What do you guys know about the Diesel Doctor over by the quad cities? I think he works one of the truck stops up on 80 maybe the Loves? I know two guys who have their trucks turned up by him for a hundred bucks each. They have them set up to do 68 by using the pedal but then if you let off and pump pedal three times you can work the speed up to 75 using the cruise up arrow. With all of the guys blowing my doors off every night I have to think there are guys from other terminals that have buddies in the shop or are using similiar type guys to get their trucks turned up? Do you guys know anybody that has ever been caught doing this? If you are fired for this tampering will the union be able to get you your job back? It is getting so cut throat out here with guys running past the front of your truck in terminal parking lots that a guy has to consider bending the rules in their favor. I should say I have always been against this option in the past!
I've had a couple of rogue Holland trucks pass me when I'm doing 70 and I just smile and say, "give 'em hell, big rigger!" It just warms my heart to see a Holland truck hauling ass.

Years ago while working midnights at Roadway and switching, I would see an occasional linehaul driver pull up, get out of his truck open the hood and disconnect a couple of wires from the engine. Then close the hood and go check in. I also remember one driver who got caught and fired. He did get his job back when he confessed his sins. Back then some of the linehaul tractors were wired to shut down if they were tampered with.

Last edited:
65 in Michigan now
I really don't want to get kicked off of here, but how stupid can you be? Millions more in fuel? Likelyhood of falling a sleep? Either Scott Ware's handle in sedain or this fella must have just graduated truck driving school or dock to road or whatever they call it. I feel a little dumber for even reading that post! Well if that was my last post it has been nice chatting with you all. You just can't fix stupid!

xpo operated at a 83 o/r 2nd qtr...thats a pretty good margin for this day and age, couple mil isn't going to effect them much...on the other hand yrcf operated at, what 96.8 for 2nd qtr, not really that good in this busy freight period were in...couple mil make it a lot worse...17 cent on the dollar compared to 3.2 cents on the dollar...big differance

I really don't want to get kicked off of here, but how stupid can you be? Millions more in fuel? Likelyhood of falling a sleep? Either Scott Ware's handle in sedain or this fella must have just graduated truck driving school or dock to road or whatever they call it. I feel a little dumber for even reading that post! Well if that was my last post it has been nice chatting with you all. You just can't fix stupid!
Why would you be worried about getting kicked off trucking boards for stating what you did? Just say what you've got to say. Unless truckingboards is your whole world and you cant live without it.

I get your point but technology has improved fuel mpg where truck can run faster and not burn more fuel. Drivers need get their rest or nap during breaks, but it allows freight better chance of being serviced. Certain customers will pay a higher rate for higher quality of service ( old holland barely gave discounts). Which in turn will offset older tractors burning more fuel.

So how many loads are sitting weekly because of slow trucks & driver shortage , so maybe if you turned up the trucks to 70 mph more loads could be moved with less driver's :6799:

So how many loads are sitting weekly because of slow trucks & driver shortage , so maybe if you turned up the trucks to 70 mph more loads could be moved with less driver's :6799:
You don't understand, we have no interest in moving freight! We only need the numbers to look good on paper!

You don't understand, we have no interest in moving freight! We only need the numbers to look good on paper!
Only good enough numbers to keep it going at the pace it's been for the last decade. Hopefully this next contract begins to right the wrongs that all the working people at YRC companies have given to keep it alive.

Maybe next contract they will allow Teamster o/o you can buy your own large car with a big o stabin cabin on the back and run like mad then pull over for a nap.just think you can have everything you want, fast truck, well maintained,get a pre 2000 and no e log required, more miles that way, get your own Obama care, no nasty hotels just crawl in the bunk. Sounds like a win win for a lot of guys.

Maybe next contract they will allow Teamster o/o you can buy your own large car with a big o stabin cabin on the back and run like mad then pull over for a nap.just think you can have everything you want, fast truck, well maintained,get a pre 2000 and no e log required, more miles that way, get your own Obama care, no nasty hotels just crawl in the bunk. Sounds like a win win for a lot of guys.
If we even get a next contract