Holland | TURN THE F-ING TRUCKS UP !

View today of traffic that my truck didn't have speed or power to pass !!
5e3e19da53573f604847bcd1520d8ad7.jpg

IF IF IF they really wanted to move the loads sitting , they would turn up the trucks & move loads !!

Faster trucks will help dock guys and city guys make more money?
Fate trucks cost money big money that they don't have. That's why you run 62. Anns that want ever change acccept it or move on. Took me awhile to accept it still bothers me at times but f$ck it the check still good

Fate trucks cost money big money that they don't have. That's why you run 62. Anns that want ever change acccept it or move on. Took me awhile to accept it still bothers me at times but f$ck it the check still good
The fact that guys cooked books so long to make these runs that now elogs say isn’t possible kills them on top of inefficient local cartage operations. You can’t move freight in a next day regional operations at a longhaul LTL pace. Central dispatch that will hold loads over just cause it’s not due next day but will be late and dock supervisors who hold loads just cause they don’t want to stay late kills the service that they sell hurts as well. Correct the efficiency and the savings will be there for the extra spent of fuel. Hell the new equipment coming in is already saving money on repairs and fuel bills. Bean counters can’t comprehend common sense!!!!!

New contract and still at the 62 mph slow lane travel, what ever happened to getting them turned up in the new contract anyway ?? :smilie93c peelout:

Ok, here's the long and short of it. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half longer to accomplish a run with a slow truck. That's longer in harm's way, longer in rush hour traffic that could have been missed by a faster trucks, getting rear-ended by faster vehicles, and burning more fuel by running longer to get there. Yes a faster truck burns more fuel but it runs less. Driver boredom is less, productivity improves because the freight gets there sooner. The pennies saved on fuel mileage is swamped by the revenue generated by sooner deliveries, more and longer loads delivered, and driver boredom is massively decreased. How can we have the right direction, monitarily, when everyone passes our slowass trucks.

Ok, here's the long and short of it. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half longer to accomplish a run with a slow truck. That's longer in harm's way, longer in rush hour traffic that could have been missed by a faster trucks, getting rear-ended by faster vehicles, and burning more fuel by running longer to get there. Yes a faster truck burns more fuel but it runs less. Driver boredom is less, productivity improves because the freight gets there sooner. The pennies saved on fuel mileage is swamped by the revenue generated by sooner deliveries, more and longer loads delivered, and driver boredom is massively decreased. How can we have the right direction, monitarily, when everyone passes our slowass trucks.
How did anyone survive when the truck speed limit was 55mph?

How did anyone survive when the truck speed limit was 55mph?
There are bigger horse motors now that are affordable that can pull the weight .... go back to the old 290's and that will slow truck traffic back down to the old days.

Oh and go back to spring ride.... you will be more than happy to take your half hour break.

And who needs to go to the gym???? Do away with the power steering as in the old days...

You may want to do a little more research on fuel milage and tire wear.
I was part of the program when they developed the air shields, radial tires, automatic fans, just to mention a few.
Add these pennies up you speak of, and see how much money is saved with all the fuel these companies burn.
I think you can buy more than a Snickers bar.

There are bigger horse motors now that are affordable that can pull the weight .... go back to the old 290's and that will slow truck traffic back down to the old days.

Oh and go back to spring ride.... you will be more than happy to take your half hour break.

And who needs to go to the gym???? Do away with the power steering as in the old days...

290s in the old days? you gotta be kidden, how about 150HP 450 Red Diamond gas burners.