SAIA | Two Linehaul Drivers Fired

So you can't be fired for refusing to drive in hazardous conditions. I have heard that if you are not union you can be fired if the company just does not like you. If you do not drive in hazardous conditions will that make the company not like you?
They can fire you any time they want, but if they fire you after you say imo it's not safe and then they fire you it's illegal. DOT says the DRIVER has to be satisfied that everything about the truck and trip is safe NOT some f'ing dispatcher

So you can't be fired for refusing to drive in hazardous conditions. I have heard that if you are not union you can be fired if the company just does not like you. If you do not drive in hazardous conditions will that make the company not like you?
Yes your are correct with out a union you are AN EMPLOYEE AT WILL That should have been in the paper work you received when you were hired . They really don't even have to tell you why . Its really a no win situation even if the feds say you are reinstated and you come back to work the company can still fire you for other unknown reasons the next day.

So true. I have been in the same boat. I made a decision that if i was going to staying in trucking. It would be with a union company.

You gotta hook up and drive down the block before u turn back. Show that u made an honest assessment of the road conditions and found it unsafe.

My dad did that at estes this year. Went out with a half a inch of ice on the road and drove 10 miles turned around and said Nope not going and went home. They said ok that's fine.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is that all they had to do was make an attempt, literally drive out the gate and go around the block. If they had done this and then said it was to bad to proceed nothing the company could do. They flat out refused with no attempt...no case no need for attorneys.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2