SAIA | two things

red-eye

TB Lurker
Credits
:funky:If i could change two thing's in line haul.......get me out on time and leave me alone...... I think i would be a happy trucker :funky:

One thing that chaps my a$$ more than anything is getting my bills late!! Then they come to you if your 1 minute late departing and ask why!! If you tell them because you got your bills late they have the nerve to say only 7 minutes late!! Then when you tell them if I would of got my bills on time I would have been 6 minutes early departing they get all pissed!! Its funny if they are late its ok but if your late the world is coming to a end!!

why dont they just IVR you out on time? no big deal,you look good--they look good,alls hinky dooory,ya baby:duh::clap:

Then by the time you get to your dest ; your late.:1036316054:

where r u going around the block? if im less than 15 min after my gate ill have them IVR me out,thats if im in a good mooood, my first leg is 3 and a halr hrs away.i can make up this time with little trouble.60mph and its done:funky::funky:

where r u going around the block? if im less than 15 min after my gate ill have them IVR me out,thats if im in a good mooood, my first leg is 3 and a halr hrs away.i can make up this time with little trouble.60mph and its done:funky::funky:

3 AND A HALF HRS,,,3 AND A HALF HRS,AHHH READING GLASSES,,,OOOPS:hysterical::party-smiley-017:

i don't mind doing that at my home terminal but not when i get to charlotte

i don't mind doing that at my home terminal but not when i get to charlotte

yes that is a hole differant story,delay time with in 8 min or IVR me out..or its time to talk to line haul about delay,if it happen enough they will get the picture:Duel::argue:

i'm with jack knife. only in GVL!! everywhere else can kiss my ***. The break bulks could care less about getting you your bills on time. the only thing they worry about is getting you out of there 1 minute before you are suppose to start delay time. I did get asked why i dispatched a few minutes late a couple days ago out of CLT though. I told them i tried to dispatch 30minutes early, but i tried for over a half hour and it wouldn't let me. Jack Knife and i were already 20-30 miles down the road before i could dispatch.

i'm with jack knife. only in GVL!! everywhere else can kiss my ***. The break bulks could care less about getting you your bills on time. the only thing they worry about is getting you out of there 1 minute before you are suppose to start delay time. I did get asked why i dispatched a few minutes late a couple days ago out of CLT though. I told them i tried to dispatch 30minutes early, but i tried for over a half hour and it wouldn't let me. Jack Knife and i were already 20-30 miles down the road before i could dispatch.
i learned my lesson on dispatching out on the roll,i got blocked and was told a change, of trailers had been put in,,the big turn around,damn it,:chairshot::duh::poster_oops:

Well boys and girls if you move back the dispatch time in the computer I think you are eligible for termination!! Your dispatch on the phone is suppose to match your trip card if you get audited!! I know a supervisor who was changing times and guess what he was made available to the industry!! If I was allowing them to move back the time I would keep that on the extreme DOWN LOW!!

I'm not going to let them back my time up so they can look good. If I'm late and it is my fault I'll take the hit. If it is their fault; they take it. PERIOD!:1036316054:

In a perfect world we would get out on time. We don't live or work in a perfect world.
There comes a time when skipping a visit to the shop for some minor thing, hunting a trailer down that isn't where the computer shows it to be(for those terminals with the yard mismanagement system), low tires, you name it it happens, eventually catches up with the drivers.
All we can do is communicate with the dispatchers and let them know the reasons for the delays and let the chips fall where they may.

Well boys and girls if you move back the dispatch time in the computer I think you are eligible for termination!! Your dispatch on the phone is suppose to match your trip card if you get audited!! I know a supervisor who was changing times and guess what he was made available to the industry!! If I was allowing them to move back the time I would keep that on the extreme DOWN LOW!!

:hide:no body say anything:hide:

yea i think we have gotten off the original subject, so back to the original topic, the biggest problem i have is nobody in the tlr shops know up from down on the landing gears

cmon driver! you haven't noticed we can make a 10 page thread off of somebody saying i'm glad it Friday on a Thursday. Hell...we will probably end up talking about whether the hiding icon :hide: or the thumbs up icon :1036316054: is used more frequnetly.

why dont they just IVR you out on time? no big deal,you look good--they look good,alls hinky dooory,ya baby:duh::clap:
They can trace who or how you dispatched.If you IVR it will tell you,If you look at your productivity report,don,t know if anybody has seen one or not but its all the way over to the right.When a dispatcher does it, it will show part or all of their user name to the right.THEY KNOW

In a perfect world we would get out on time. We don't live or work in a perfect world.
There comes a time when skipping a visit to the shop for some minor thing, hunting a trailer down that isn't where the computer shows it to be(for those terminals with the yard mismanagement system), low tires, you name it it happens, eventually catches up with the drivers.
All we can do is communicate with the dispatchers and let them know the reasons for the delays and let the chips fall where they may.

I went by the shop the other day and I had a light out! It was a new trailer with 5 lights going across the back! It was so strange that the shop manager told me 4 lights was ok because most trailers only have 3! When I told him if the trailer has 1,000 lights on it by DOT all of them have to be working! He looked at me like I was crazy and didn’t know what I was talking about! I was thankful a trailer mechanic happened to walk up and agree with me what I was saying was right! I couldn’t believe a man In charge of the shop didn’t know the law! What’s the saying Forest Gump used to say?? “Stupid is as Stupid does“!!