TForce | Two Tier Conspiracy ?

Aren’t you guys getting updates/clarifications on the UPS Rising app? Call your local or the IBT for clarification. Good luck everyone and hang in there.

The Top Rate for this contract is 28.65 because Raises do not take place until 2019. they cannot state the top rate to be 30.85 because the top rate refers to the Current top rate at the Beginning of the contract.

I think you may be reading it wrong. I’m a Feeder driver and our contract reads the same. When I hired on, I was in a 3 year progression to scale. Any raises that came out I did not receive as I was in a defined progression to top rate. Once I completed my progression to top rate, I received the scheduled raises as everyone else thereafter.
Thanks for your input, I know you guys over at Parcel had this two tier pay scale bit I did not quite understand it.

The Top Rate for this contract is 28.65 because Raises do not take place until 2019. they cannot state the top rate to be 30.85 because the top rate refers to the Current top rate at the Beginning of the contract.
But why did they change the language in the contract referring to " top rate" to " top progression rate"?

Because it's true. I'm voting yes. But there is two tier language in the last contract. This contract it applies to drivers too.
If you start now it takes 4 years to top out at 28.65. The old contract said" Top rate". They have done this to dock and clerks last contract. Not sure but think part time dock tops out at 17.70 after that you get your raises like us. 40,40,45,45, 50 split in halve in January and july.
Glad to see you are voting yes, I am as well. I need my job and I cannot afford not getting paid, especially this time of year. If nothing else, gotta keep the woman happy.

But why did they change the language in the contract referring to " top rate" to " top progression rate"?
I’m not sure guys. I know that the dates corresponding to the wage is old. It shows no language, dates, or money going forward.
Where are the dates/wage going forward? 2018-2023?

Feeder reads the same as I stated earlier. No 2 tier pay. You only receive the annual progression each year until you hit top progression rate/scale. I didn’t receive the general raise like the rest of the drivers did UNTIL I was done with progression. In my 3rd year I hit scale, and then received annual rate raise along with everyone else who wasn’t in progression. You catch up.

I hope that’s how it’s meant to be interpreted for you guys in Freight. We need to see the language for 2018 through the end of the contract.

There should not be two non progression drivers doing the same job and making different money. I’m praying they did not try to pull that.