Yellow | Two YRC Freight Changes Of Operation Announced!

They can have a COO, every year, but until they stop management from making poor decisions, and using outdated procedures as far as daily operations from like 1985, and no one is held accountable for things like damaged freight, and theft of time, nothing will improve. Realigning the routes to move freight from point a, to b, will do nothing if all the other ways we operate stay the same.
Agree , good points !

It's just another band aid. I've seen more than 10 change of ops and 15 management restructurings. Think about that for a bit.....one year they say more middle level management will save the company and ty he next year they brag about eliminating middle level management. Geezus

The unsubstantiated rumor that I heard from my buddy at 309 is that they are going to be bringing in utility driver positions and canceling some of the team runs, which in turn will lead to more rail and shiny wheels coming in to do the longer runs.

But I remember how the rumor mill used to go at Yellow's Chicago Ridge facility, so none of that means anything.

They are trying some new things to get ready for it. That's for sure. They sent me home from 511 to 431 Friday with a 431 and 123 pups. Now normally the 123 would get sent to 422 out of 431. But, Friday they sent myself and five other drivers to a new (for us) rail yard in in Collierville TN to drop the east coast loads.

Probably the way of the future.

They are trying some new things to get ready for it. That's for sure. They sent me home from 511 to 431 Friday with a 431 and 123 pups. Now normally the 123 would get sent to 422 out of 431. But, Friday they sent myself and five other drivers to a new (for us) rail yard in in Collierville TN to drop the east coast loads.

Probably the way of the future.

NS runs scheduled TOFC service from there to Rutherford (Harrisburg/Carlisle - 135) and Croxton (Maybrook - 123).

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscor...als-and-schedules/memphis-tenn-rossville.html

We offer three day standard service and two day expedited service and ABF offers two day standard service between Memphis and Maybrook.
But what I am saying is these loads looked to have originated from 511,or beyond already. The way our linehaul is usually behind anyway,freight picked up say in the 511 service area on a Monday,would not deliver out of the maybrook area until the following Tuesday? Over a week. I don't accept running frt half way to destination,then dropping it at the rail,and still think they will make service on it....Too many changing of possession of the trailer for me, but what the heck do I know...

They used a different process called the fling method. You fling a bunch of changes against the wall, and you see what sticks.
My old employer (YRC) lost 24 million in a quarter, and now 'flings' changes- maybe.

My current employer makes a 39 million profit in this quarter, and we're making planned efficiency changes almost immediately, because they budgeted a 40 million profit... so cuts are coming.

Yes, different industry, different rules. But starkly differing approaches!

My old employer (YRC) lost 24 million in a quarter, and now 'flings' changes- maybe.

My current employer makes a 39 million profit in this quarter, and we're making planned efficiency changes almost immediately, because they budgeted a 40 million profit... so cuts are coming.

Yes, different industry, different rules. But starkly differing approaches!
I'm...kind of in the same industry, but kind of not. Still moving things, just no longer freight.

I guess my company made 15.3 billion dollars last year. They're probably pretty happy with that. Lol