Yellow | Two YRC Freight Changes Of Operation Announced!

511 is behind so maybe to relieve some back shipments they did that.
I just can't see it. I go there 3 times a week out of 431 and usually get 4-6 hours layover every trip at 511.

I make no claims as to who's fault it is but I know it's not a very efficient way to do business and I know it's not because of a lack of equipment. I do know it's frustrating for a road driver though.

Last Sunday AFTER they paid me 8 hours layover pay they bobtailed me home with 3 or 4 others. IMO that's just poor business.

Last edited:
My old employer (YRC) lost 24 million in a quarter, and now 'flings' changes- maybe.

My current employer makes a 39 million profit in this quarter, and we're making planned efficiency changes almost immediately, because they budgeted a 40 million profit... so cuts are coming.

Yes, different industry, different rules. But starkly differing approaches!
Sounds like the old Yellow or Roadway before this B.S. started

Sounds like the old Yellow or Roadway before this B.S. started

QvUy41Y.jpg

Did I hear someone mention Yellow?

1dBpUdn.jpg

Did I hear someone mention Roadway?
:bananapartyhat:

QvUy41Y.jpg

Did I hear someone mention Yellow?

1dBpUdn.jpg

Did I hear someone mention Roadway?
:bananapartyhat:
How can two well managed companies, Known for making money no matter what, Merge together and then "BAM"! Right down the crapper?
In a word, Debt! I'll bet you the O/R's at most terminals are below 100, That's why the Company stopped posting the quaterly terminal O/R results. That can only mean the debt (I.E. interests payments) are through the roof!
So to recap, Most of you 15% is going right to the banks.
Again, Thank you "Fuzzy" Zollars! You POS!

If the rest of the company is run the way my terminal is we are doomed! The potential to make a profit is there but lacks any operational plan! Have to go now the freight that was there yesterday or the day before needs someone to look at it again!!

How can two well managed companies, Known for making money no matter what, Merge together and then "BAM"! Right down the crapper?
In a word, Debt! I'll bet you the O/R's at most terminals are below 100, That's why the Company stopped posting the quaterly terminal O/R results. That can only mean the debt (I.E. interests payments) are through the roof!
So to recap, Most of you 15% is going right to the banks.
Again, Thank you "Fuzzy" Zollars! You POS!
:fingure:

Change of Operation.
Dumb. To Dumber.
They don't need to add anything.
Just fix the way they do things and they could possibly be rolling in cash.
They can't even fix the incompetence in management. Until they do that(which will never happen) they will never be profitable.
Smoke and mirrors.
Gosh. I think I heard myself say that 3 or 400 times before???

told by a veep that hbg has too much freight, we are doing some upkeep and repair in Hagerstown. laid off janitor told to expect recall. we are already relieving hbg by taking freight. rumor mill says we are gaining bodies and tonnage

told by a veep that hbg has too much freight, we are doing some upkeep and repair in Hagerstown. laid off janitor told to expect recall. we are already relieving hbg by taking freight. rumor mill says we are gaining bodies and tonnage

Last I heard 135 was not using the what use to be the outbound dock has that changed?
If not how can they have too much freight?

How can you have too much freight at a 400 door terminal designed to handle large amounts of freight?
What you have a shortage of is warm bodies! And moving freight around is not gonna fix it. Your still gonna be short personal!-15% on wages with no pension = NO FREKIN WORKERS!

How can you have too much freight at a 400 door terminal designed to handle large amounts of freight?
What you have a shortage of is warm bodies! And moving freight around is not gonna fix it. Your still gonna be short personal!-15% on wages with no pension = NO FREKIN WORKERS!
agree , -15% is biting them back now, so let the freight sit and rot in trap trailer's & dock ......................................