TX.Log Truck wrecked kills driver.

Darn, messed that log truck up. Says the driver hauling the flatbed (oversize) had pulled through the intersection when the log truck came up. I hate to say it, but those log trucks haul some serious *** down through there, and was probably traveling way too darn fast. I mean, look at his truck, jeez

Wow that was a bad one,those logs can really do some damage when they are flying around.

I tried to open the link so the photo would show.
Although I see this news service has the crash scene photos copyrighted.
That way if anyone wants those photos they have to purchase them,which ain't going to happen on my part.

Darn, messed that log truck up. Says the driver hauling the flatbed (oversize) had pulled through the intersection when the log truck came up. I hate to say it, but those log trucks haul some serious *** down through there, and was probably traveling way too darn fast. I mean, look at his truck, jeez
Your right some do drive way to fast.But that road is posted at 70MPH.Some of the old hands drive right but the younger ones well I think you know.But just think of 80,000 to 90,000 pounds at any speed hitting some thing that weights about 90,000 pounds and solid steel.

One second more and this never would have happened.

The driver hauling the heavy equipment was blinded by the sun and never saw the log truck. Speed limit in the area is 70 - it's 9 miles outside of Woodville so odds are the log truck was at or above highway speed.
He hit that track hoe so hard it knocked it off the trailer and busted one of the tracks. Much of the cab of the log truck remained on the trailer and his front wheels ended up across the highway. Spilled about 160 gallons of diesel along with all the liquids in the engine.
Weird thing - there were these things laying in a bunch that looked like welding rods...it's what was left of the air filter. That might give a better idea of the intensity of this collision.
Sad for the log truck driver and his family...and I feel bad for the driver of the truck hauling the track hoe - he was pretty shook. Said he never realized there was anything coming until the impact.

Please drive safe out there ya'll.

Wow that was a bad one,those logs can really do some damage when they are flying around.

I tried to open the link so the photo would show.
Although I see this news service has the crash scene photos copyrighted.
That way if anyone wants those photos they have to purchase them,which ain't going to happen on my part.

I tried to save the pics to a folder.Would not show them.I did go to the news article at Channel six news in Beaumont Texas.There is some good pics there.

The images are easy to get, if your using FireFox. Click on Tools / Page Info / Media

Scroll through all the media images, and snag them that way to your hard drive ;)

The images are easy to get, if your using FireFox. Click on Tools / Page Info / Media

Scroll through all the media images, and snag them that way to your hard drive ;)
OK thanks.I have seen a few this bad but this News paper in Liberty County is not to good at telling news unless it's in town.

And the interesting thing I noticed is none of the media picked up the report of the over-turned fertilizer tanker on 87 north of Deweyville in the EXACT same spot the log hauler lost control, rolled and died two weeks ago.
The driver of this rig walked away - but boy oh boy is there gonna be some GREEN grass this spring!

And the interesting thing I noticed is none of the media picked up the report of the over-turned fertilizer tanker on 87 north of Deweyville in the EXACT same spot the log hauler lost control, rolled and died two weeks ago.
The driver of this rig walked away - but boy oh boy is there gonna be some GREEN grass this spring!
I bet there is some people all ready loading it to take home too.

If log truck drivers are anything out there like they are here, they drive like bats out of hell. I used to work propane delivery up in the hills here in CA and those guys would tailgate you loaded or empty. It didnt matter that I had flammable liquid under pressure on the hazmat placard at all. Then they'd tailgate me in my pickup driving home and damned to hell with the speed limits. That said this was not the log drivers fault even if he was speeding or not. Very sad story for all concerned.

Whenever I can openly post crash scene photos I will.
However some photos are protected by the news source which are trying to sell them to whoever wants them for any reason.

Everything I do as the Moderator of this forum is for the safety of every commercial driver who comes to view any of these posted crash reports.
As drivers it is very useful to realize that as short as a split second of taking your focus away from what your doing.
Can dramatically alter your life,or worse lose it,as well as those who are driving around you.

I'm a broken record as I only request two things that every driver everywhere should be doing all of the time they are working.
#(1) gets there proper rest.#(2) focuses on everything at all times.
Believe it or not if those two issues are followed the number of commercial crashes would be greatly reduced.