ABF | U-Pack Mobile Container Bid

Skeeter said:
What I call work you teamsters call abuse. Maybe thats why hundreds of union jobs are gone. Ever stop to think about that.

I haven't had to work the dock but I have before. You right it is real hard work sitting on that forklift.

This goes to show you how this board is pro union. This is not even close to being mean spirited as even some of your moderators. So go ahead and band me from the board to further your unionism I really don't care. This is not the only board I go on. By far not the best. So keep on catering to the union side. I will always answer the way I've been addressed. By the way did the one I posted the pro union get a warning. I think you know what you can do with your warning. UPSF don't believe all this pro union garbage. Keep you pension safe.

Who ever has a chance to read this I guess you know it will be my last. LOL!

big steve said:
i thought this was a abf forum skeeter

i guess you just want to see how the better half lives/works or better yet gets abused:shock:
or could it be you are just a little envious:realmad: :ranting:

Before I am band I am sorry I didn't realize this was the ABF board. Sorry

hillbilly frog said:
You are so correct and the last time I looked this was a union forum.
Skeeter you are welcome to add to the discussion but not to antagonize ABF employees with your anti-union comments. This is a violation of rule #6.

Well, I went off half cocked but again I wasn't paying attention to what board I was on. I guess the past still haunts me when I got jump and tires cut. Calls at my home threating me and my family. I guess it is going to take time. Again I'm sorry I know not all teamsters are like that.

Skeeter said:
This goes to show you how this board is pro union. This is not even close to being mean spirited as even some of your moderators. So go ahead and band me from the board to further your unionism I really don't care. This is not the only board I go on. By far not the best. So keep on catering to the union side. I will always answer the way I've been addressed. By the way did the one I posted the pro union get a warning. I think you know what you can do with your warning. UPSF don't believe all this pro union garbage. Keep you pension safe.

Who ever has a chance to read this I guess you know it will be my last. LOL!

Skeeter, this board is neither pro union or anti union. What we are is pro driver.

I know you are unhappy about the union talk on the UPSF board but allowing that talk was a decision that the Truckingboards staff made due to the purchase of Overnite by UPS and we stand by that decision.

You know why you received the warning you did. It had nothing to do with your views or opinions. You were given a small warning for a rules violation.

CFer said:
Skeeter, this board is neither pro union or anti union. What we are is pro driver.

I know you are unhappy about the union talk on the UPSF board but allowing that talk was a decision that the Truckingboards staff made due to the purchase of Overnite by UPS and we stand by that decision.

You know why you received the warning you did. It had nothing to do with your views or opinions. You were given a small warning for a rules violation.

I don't use language like some on this board but I get the warnings. I don't think what I said in response to a post was that bad or insulting compared to most of these post.

But its OK I'll probably keep coming back till you band me permanently. But you will never hear me speak fowl language against people that some here do and don't get warnings.

But thats OK its just a board and I still think it leans toward the union side and thats OK nobody forces me here. It is just my opinion just like you have yours. You say it doesn't I disagree. But hopefully we can still be fiends.

I do have to pay more attention where I am posting. I really didn't think about it being ABF board. I have a lot of respect for that company and drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFer

CFer, What I am talking about as far as warnings take the union/nonunion board.

#47 was pretty insulting to #119 you can see by his response. I wasn't really trying to be mean spirited but just saying what I believe. The union should of been more flexible in the past and present to compete. I still say thats why a lot of them aren't here today. Sure not all be a good majority. That is what I believe and it is what I said. I'm sorry if it offended some.

But I think #47 was much more mean spirited and personal than I was. Again sometimes I don't always get my point across but I'm trying. I'll be the first to apologize if I do something wrong or say something without thinking it through.

Skeeter, I don't want this conversation to monopolize the ABF board any more than it has already.

IF you would like to continue this debate, please take it to the union/non union forum or take it to PM

Thank You

Was told by a UPS driver that he had heard that UPS was looking to buy ABF. Has any one heard anything about this. I know it is probably just another rumor. After talking to the UPS driver at some length I feel a little better about what the future might hold for UPSF. The things we might be able to accomplish all being union.

He went on to say that they had meetings with the union to let the union know that they want UPSF unionized.
Who knows I just might be a teamster yet.

There was a FedEx driver there to and I think he felt it would benefit FedEx because if it raised our standard of living FedEx would have to follow.

Of course you could imagine the UPS drivers answer to that.

But I recommend UPSF drivers to talk to UPS drivers. They will be a big key to this whole thing.

Harleydad - we just got our flatbed recently. There has been no talk of having a separate bid for doing cube spots, but I did hear if it really takes off, it would be almost guaranteed day's work for someone.

Of course we're in college country up here at 188/BUR VT with UVM, St. Mikes, Middlebury, Plattsburgh State, so we'll see. Could be some good business in spring and fall, sounds like TM & SM are going to be pushing the campuses for the biz.

One Correction, Foreign Pse Drivers Coming Into 064 Do Not Do Their Own Drop And Hook, They Can Bump The Dock, Pickup/deliver Their Freight, Any Yard Work Is Done By The Yardmen..

Saw the training video

Does anyone get to go 3-wheeling like they do in the movie?

If you get stuck, can you use one of the straps from the trl. to hook you out???:hysterical:

Anybody do lumber deliveries (flooring, etc.) to construction sites with the trl, or are the straps not set up for that?

Fears of becoming a flatbedder....things falling off the trailer, you know!:hide:

Hey LM188
At 047 I've gone out several times with oversized deliveries originally scheduled for lift-gate ground service,but too big to fit on lift-gate. Sometimes construction sites or private residences. Once we loaded a stone fountain into a relo to secure it properly and deliver to a house. We did buy some longer straps for larger freight though.
Good Luck