Yellow | U.S. Sues YRC Worldwide Freight Units, Alleges Overcharging

Right now being at an eol we have to weigh every stick of freight we move. No matter what.
If it's more. If it's less. Or even if they are correct.
Our scales are calibrated on a regular basis.
If a scale goes down its fixed immediately.
What this means to anyone. I don't know.
But everyone stripping has to weigh everything.
Period.

this could be some kind of in side job to push YRCW out of business.... money talks bull spit walks.... a lot of money could be passing hand to hand under the table!! and we know there is a lot of trucking companies out there that wish YRCW would just go away! What happens if the IBT offers a contract so bad that they know we could never vote yes on? add that to this law suit what happens....by by YRCW
The sheep always vote yes when they are told take it or We shut the doors. Nothing new. Being sued doesn't make You guilty. Is Anyone surprised at the timing? Here We go again.

It seems to me that the governments case relies on the idea that declaring a weight for a shipment is a trivial matter, and that they just happened to get it wrong a gazillion times by accident.

The sheep always vote yes when they are told take it or We shut the doors. Nothing new. Being sued doesn't make You guilty. Is Anyone surprised at the timing? Here We go again.
So you believe that YRC talked the United States government to sue the company shortly before contract time in order to get the sheep to vote yes? I find this kind of hard to believe but I am a rather simple man and do not look for a conspiracy theory behind everything that happens in life. I am of the belief that these are two unrelated things but maybe I am in the minority?

So you believe that YRC talked the United States government to sue the company shortly before contract time in order to get the sheep to vote yes? I find this kind of hard to believe but I am a rather simple man and do not look for a conspiracy theory behind everything that happens in life. I am of the belief that these are two unrelated things but maybe I am in the minority?
You're not in the minority of people who can think for themselves and aren't paranoid...

Over the course of my 20 year career with Roadway/YRC I have worked the dock in the time frame mentioned in this lawsuit. We were always told to do corrections up or down which ever way it went. The company gave us credit either way. I don’t think methods were as accurate then as they are now, but I don’t believe at least in our barn there were any attempts to hide downward corrections.
2004-2008, I was awarded 3 tee shirts for reweighing at Indy. Got lectures for wasting time turning in ones that were downward, and watched Weight and Inspections guy throw those away. Personally, most of us hated taking the time to do it. Breaks any rhythm there is of breaking freight.

2004-2008, I was awarded 3 tee shirts for reweighing at Indy. Got lectures for wasting time turning in ones that were downward, and watched Weight and Inspections guy throw those away. Personally, most of us hated taking the time to do it. Breaks any rhythm there is of breaking freight.

bF6zBu5.jpg