UAW nears majority at Tennessee VW

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

ISIS uses Social Media sites to recruit. The Ferguson mobs were driven by Social media. Texting can create Flashmobs and riots. The world is angrier than ever, driven in a world of viral videos. But slavey blames the military and Little Sisters of the Poor...

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Slave blames everyone for everything... I wonder if it's bowel related?

3. Starkravinloon

Tell that to Slave.. He thinks Free Trade is the Wicked Witch of the West, instead of DC collecting the taxation off of it.. If that alone would have the chance to happen, we could pay down half our debts... Nice quote Pilot...

4. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

I didnt blame them.
    You said colletives are mobs.
    I asked if they were too.
    Blamers is a canned namecall of righties.
    A mob of righties.

5. Starkravinloon

Well, according to your standards, I'm a rightie, and I can'r remember the last time I said unions, companies or Free Trade was a bad thing... Name calling is not a part of my forte'.....

"Intolerance is a form used to divide, not to conquer"...

6. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Mr slavenomore, Let me say respectfully, on the surface it sounds like a "good idea", however if one would look at the larger picture then it doesn't seem as good....Let me explain what I mean...If we were able to stop imported products from coming here, that would also put people from other Countries out of jobs that they also need to provide for their families needs....Why do we consider ourselves better than those struggling workers from other Countries that have the same needs and wants as we do here..? Taking their Jobs may be just as wrong .. I think that the imbalance of imports and exports has gone to far to be corrected to a more "sustainable" level...Thanks to Political greed for power and the insatiable desire for wealth ....Does this mean that I am putting other Countries ahead of our own? ...No.........It should be clearly obvious that as we advance in the stream of time, that we are becoming a global society..whether we like it or agree, we are advancing in that direction as a natural flow of a World that is maturing into something greater than lines and boundaries that are meant to separate, rather than unite us as a Human race.... The current import/export model is just a crude way of "sharing" the Global resources such as labor or food and energy etc..and yes it is out of balance.....I agree with that...

We all live together on this marvelous Gem that hurtles through space.....this is our collective "Home" no matter where on the sphere we live or originate from.... All the resources that we all need are here on this Globe.....The "Childishness and selfishness" that you speak of is, in my opinion, the idea of one Nation, or group of Humans, being better than another and being "entitled" to resources that lie beyond our boundaries.....and the resulting wars and conflicts the inevitably arise when you have societies based on "whats best for me and who cares about anyone else".....What are wars fought about?...mainly resources... Oil being one.....Land and Territory being another....
    What happens in one part of the World affects those in other parts of the World....just as if you break your big toe...that affects your entire body and how your able to function a whole....Just think of the advances that could be made by the Human race if the Worlds resources and land was used to benefit everyone...That is something that is beyond what Unions and Corporations can do...and currently it's beyond the Political Systems of the World.....notice the word: "currently"....

We will become a global society...it is in progress.......It is logical.....and true human progress will not occur until we have matured, beyond the point we are at currently, and we can begin to function as one society.....that is the "Long run"

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Mr Misguided slave: I've commended you on your quest. I've wished you luck. I've offered constitutional solutions.

The problem seems to be- you've dug Yourself a financial hole and you want to blame others for your misfortune. I've been there myself. I adapted, prayed, humbled, scaled back, and worked my tail off doing jobs you won't to overcome. You appear to want 90% of Americans to change their beliefs and let you- the 8-10%, Dictate how the biz and people operate and live!

So far, doesn't work that way. Best of luck stomping your feet while holding your breath! It'll pass; once you pass out- your body'll resume breathing. You won't die... :bouncy:

8. slavenomore

What I see Ive seen a long time.
    It doesnt have totally to do with today
    Ive seen it my whole life.
    And theres books written and articles written fail with similar stuff.
    Im in the same hole now since I started driving trucks 23 years ago.
    Those kind of figures are out there.
    I worked pleny of stupid jobs.
    I worked places where nobody got raises in 5 years and they changed insurance everyother month always getting lezs.
    Ive worked plsces with no paid days off.

All these kinds of places which have undercut and ruined trucking.
    Finally when i get to the place which is considered best even by the customers.....they still take.
    One reason.
    Lack of union members.
    Thats the problem here and throughout the country.
    My economicß made the greatest country in the world.
    What you followed and still do.....destroyed it.

9. slavenomore

I say if they dont like it they can leave......but dont even think of selling your stuff here. Dont let the door hit you on the way out. We all take hits in one way or another. Maybe they think they deserve too much. Their profits can take a hit just like mine.
    As for your last sentence, I believe theres a reason why uniins exist and if you take them away the reason will come back. Its already hete as far as I see. And Pope Benedict XVI saw it in 2007-8.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So you would rather have the highest tax rate in the world, that causes jobs and tax revenue to disappear, rather than to cut taxes and have jobs and tax revenue?

11. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

We've become more of a global society now with the technology age. So the easiest way to keep manufacturing here is to give tax incentives to stay here. The export/import issue is what it is, but we can actually control the jobs and companies staying here by incentivising companies to stay. The issue can correct itself if we would stop chasing companies away.

12. slavenomore

Stoney this is OUR counrty. We make the rules.
    If we made the rule: If you leave or sell here, you WILL be tariffed to ship t stuff here. Our market is to benefit OUR people. Housing and necessities need to be paid for by our peoples jobs, not the govt. Therefore the jobs which pay for homes and necessities and the military MUST be protected with tariffs. The businesses have been spoiledl and using our market and nation taking too much.
    I dont feel we owe them our market.
    Give and take.
    Not just take as theyve been doing since Reagan got in.

13. slavenomore

If they want to move to Mexico or China let them sell to them instead of us and see how rich they get.

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Slavey: tariffs worked because there was no federal spending. No entitlements, no standing army- no Public Debt- no income tax! Tariffs can't work until/ unless all the other is gone.

15. Starkravinloon

Do you honestly think we are immature ingrates on here.. I've been in the business for 30 years Slave.. I've seen as much as you and probably more in some cases.. We've seen it, but not through your eyes..

You supported a regime that studied and introduced Karl Marx's ideology and theories.. You expect us to believe that you really know what you are talking about... Marx supported the NWO and so does this regime, and you voted for these outlaws because they "said" they would support the unions.. But have they? Absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt, NO....

16. Starkravinloon

The guys you voted for are the ones pushing this, that's why your union is coming out against that.. But, the trouble with the Teamster Bosses, they are now reaching out to get another in office that will "fool" them again, Hillary Clinton.. The one who let Americans perish at the hands of terrorists... I apologize for nothing, as I say, I will NOT support a candidate of her caliber and never will...

17. Starkravinloon

Why do YOU think businesses and manufacturers seek out-of-the-country sites to run there affairs? NO, it's not just taxation, so please..