Uber is getting out of self driving truck research.

i could NOT be any happier.

i have no trust, no faith in ANY SELF driving vehicle, unless MAYBE, it's on a rail system. even then, i'd still have my serious doubts.
That's been my thought all along. There is no way a computer can ever be smart enough to deal with a dumb human. They'd need their own private roads (ie rails) and both parties are adverse to fixing the roads we have now, let alone build something new.

Some 18 year old is going to lose control of his Dodge Charger on a wet road, and that will be it for the robot pulling hazmat behind him.

It's mostly because telsa has problems of its own along with google. Not enough investors who want the lability when the market is taking periodic dives
I can't blame anyone for backing off autonomous vehicles for now but I don't think it's dead for the long term At least not yet

If anything I think Tesla might be the company that has the money, brains and existing research to bring automation to trucking.
V1uAAkx.jpg

If anything I think Tesla might be the company that has the money, brains and existing research to bring automation to trucking.
V1uAAkx.jpg

Telsa CEO is under scrutiny with his finances and could possibly be under investigation. To say the least I'm sure automated trucking is the last thing on his mind

I can see automated vehicles operating in ideal conditions but real world situations would be difficult to compensate for.