ABF | Ue going to 5 days?

It is a 3 phase change. Phase 1 is to run UE 5 days into the DCS. The UES that don't run to the DCS will still be four days until they implement phase 2 and 3. This is what I gathered from the e-mail that I saw and what some of the UE drivers were saying.
I know St. Louis is starting a 5 day run, 4 days to Moline, 1day to K.C. What e-mail did you see Big Daddy?

The e-mail I saw was dealing with the Little Rock HVXP and it was sent to our TM. They are doing the same think at Jackson Ms. He will be running four days to Birmingham and the fifth day to Little Rock.

Bad idea. By removing the four day bids in place it will add at least another $96.00 a week to the four day point. Remember it will be time and a half after 8 instead of 10 hours. And it will most likely go to 70 in 8 days no 60 in 7. Lots of what if's here.

I now run a 4 night ue bid and put in about 44hrs a week. How can they make me run 5 nights and put in 55hrs every week? The bid will go from 10 to 8 a day but the work will not change. It will still take at least 11hrs to do the job. What are the chances of my union backing me on a grievance for excessive overtime?

I now run a 4 night ue bid and put in about 44hrs a week. How can they make me run 5 nights and put in 55hrs every week? The bid will go from 10 to 8 a day but the work will not change. It will still take at least 11hrs to do the job. What are the chances of my union backing me on a grievance for excessive overtime?

Somewhere between non-existent to, you are joking, right?

I hope I don't offend you guys, but I read these posts and can't help but think to myself "no wonder the non unions are growing and the union companies are shrinking to nothing".

The non-Union carriers are growing because they can find employees who will work straight time for 60,.....seniority only works if you're on the good side of dispatch,.......and safety is completely piled on the shoulders of those aforementioned drivers,......along with all that liability,.........and lack of pension.

Some guys are bedazzled by the 20 cents an hour more than the Union carriers are paying,.......and are willing to give everything else up.

I'm not offended but I don't understand what you are saying.
Sounds like a bunch of guys that don't want to do any work, don't get me wrong I know plenty of guys like that, especially older fella's that just want the insurance. But it really sounds like a bunch of guys on here bitching because they are going to have to work. I am guessing they are a lot of the same ABF drivers I bitch about on the south side of Chicago because they are driving so slow that people are constantly slamming on the brakes from running into the back end of their trucks. Sorry I know your not suppose to bitch about fellow Teamster brothers but I call it the way I see it and if that rubs some guys the wrong way, well so be it. My point is that I never hear the non union guys bitching about working too many hours or too hard if anything they bitch about not enough work and not enough hours. IMO

Sounds like a bunch of guys that don't want to do any work,
You can count me in. I've gone from banging docks to clearing trees and utility lines. From friendly workers who unloaded their stuff to ungrateful assholes who can't get enough done for them. From freight to deliver to garbage that I have to wrestle off with too short a pallet jack and liftgate. It's been getting worse for 20 years and the trend does not look promising. I hope you don't feel disrespected but you sound like an overpaid road man who has the easy end of the gig. Why are road drivers paid $36/hr and we're only paid $23? We don't even get to their level on OT. :ranting2:

:busted:
Sounds like a bunch of guys that don't want to do any work, don't get me wrong I know plenty of guys like that, especially older fella's that just want the insurance. But it really sounds like a bunch of guys on here bitching because they are going to have to work. I am guessing they are a lot of the same ABF drivers I bitch about on the south side of Chicago because they are driving so slow that people are constantly slamming on the brakes from running into the back end of their trucks. Sorry I know your not suppose to bitch about fellow Teamster brothers but I call it the way I see it and if that rubs some guys the wrong way, well so be it. My point is that I never hear the non union guys bitching about working too many hours or too hard if anything they bitch about not enough work and not enough hours. IMO
dream on. Go be a troll somewhere else. I can read anyone of these company threads and see complaining. Your just starting crap!

You can count me in. I've gone from banging docks to clearing trees and utility lines. From friendly workers who unloaded their stuff to ungrateful assholes who can't get enough done for them. From freight to deliver to garbage that I have to wrestle off with too short a pallet jack and liftgate. It's been getting worse for 20 years and the trend does not look promising. I hope you don't feel disrespected but you sound like an overpaid road man who has the easy end of the gig. Why are road drivers paid $36/hr and we're only paid $23? We don't even get to their level on OT. :ranting2:
What's stopping you from being a road driver? Just curious. Most city guys don't want to be gone is the answer most of the time. I wouldn't be a road driver without the pay differents.

What's stopping you from being a road driver? Just curious. Most city guys don't want to be gone is the answer most of the time. I wouldn't be a road driver without the pay differents.
The hours, I just can't get used to those hours anymore.

Wow !! Non union drivers that do not get enough hours or enough hard work ! I would call them idiots !! Please let their dispatchers know who they are so they can work harder and harder. I will choose to work smarter and smarter. Remember, when they wear you out and you are useless they will find another useful idiot to grind down and abuse. The union drivers still have some control of the pace of abuse that is dished out. If you are a Teamster, try doing the speed limit , instead of running down the people that obey the law.

I may be wrong, and correct me, but isn't it, the new UE jobs with this new change of Ops are going to be 5 days? all old UE doesn't change, no new MOUs changing old UE positions. If that's the case, I cant wait to see some highway robbery UE stuff changed.. RE, Old UE all becomes 1 standard UE now.. because we seem to have a bunch of sets of rules.. We have a UE or 2 that doesn't have to drop, hook, load/unload freight at our place. ,, this UE took the place of a bid linehaul turn run from our road domicile.. So we exchanged a linehaul run for a UE hourly linehaul,, no difference.. been a few years now.. so if they are changing 4 days to 5,, then this guy can do his own work.

Well,....it's all speculation right now. I do think the company threw out kind of a broad proposal just to see what kind of reaction they get from us.

Here at 310, we are an HVXP exchange point.....and I think the biggest change we'll see is that the UE guys will now be building trailers for outbound on Thursdays so that linehaul can move the Freight quicker....... no-brainer ...and they should've done that years ago.

I don't see any change on our UE run.......he's already working 12-13 hours a day......adding another 12 hour day is really pushing the envelope as it were.......but, as some guys were saying........ Lookit the money you could make!.........Yeah,.....you could finally afford that solid gold casket you got your eye on,.......so you can really go in style when they work you to death.......

Speculation once again,.......but I think end-of-line terminals with shorter UE runs are the only ones who will see an expansion of miles/hours..........And remember,......since all this is....."new business".......no Change Of Operations needed.......Pretty slick...