Un-affordable Care Act update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

If you don't want someone like me to "interject" my opinion, don't post, since this is an open forum after all.

I don't dislike you as a person, I dislike your political stance, and our disagreements are what keeps forums like this moving along.
    I have one single thing against you.......in a nutshell, you are a fraud and refuse to admit that you are a Democrat with 99.99% left wing leanings, but you try to portray yourself as something else. Man up and admit that you are a leftist since we all know it anyway. You constantly claim that you aren't, yet every post of yours is either bashing the Republicans or supporting the Democrats, all while you claim to be neutral. I don't who you think you are kidding.

jimmy g and kboomarang like this.
  2. Northern Flash

The women who need contraceptives and abortions can pay for their own. Nobody else should be paying for those services.

That's like comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks for the education on how insurance works.......We had no idea. :bowdown:

This was all that you needed to say......... point taken.
    Everyone does not have the same skin in the game.
    {The rest was just drivel, as though we are too stupid to know how the system works.}

3. Northern Flash

I feel obligated to ask you this.
    If a welfare recipient is getting a check each month along with their rent and food being paid for by the tax payers, plus getting an income tax refund {while having payed no income taxes}, then they put that money back into the system via gas taxes, etc. etc, would you say that they are "rowing" just like everyone else, or just along for the ride?

4. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

You'd have to try harder than that to "rub" me the wrong way........but I'm Glad your having a good day....

5. pilot87

Yes it has....and look at where it has taken us........ Not many people are very satisfied with where we are as a Country.....with the exception of those at the very top....and since they have the Money....and the power....I think it will just stay the way it is...They LOVE the division......

We agreed "100 %" on a point not more than a few days past...... Soooo... you're free to "go" at any time now......:duel:

6. pilot87

When Corporations want to trim costs, one of the first things they do is to cut wages, and or, cut back on the workforce.....i.e. cut labor costs.....
    So in the same vein, if the cost of Medical care is to high the same should apply to the Medical profession.....

The fees that Doctors bill for are not related to "Innovation and development"....That is simply their "Pay check" as it were....

And what does all this have to do with comment that you responded to?

Yes big difference in numbers....... So I conclude you're fine with "socialized healthcare" for Politicians......

You made the statement... not the "left"..... Since it was you that made the comment it appears as if you don't actually consider an unborn child a "life" either....... Nice try in blaming your disgusting comment on the "Left" instead of taking responsibility for your remark...... So much for "personal responsibility" when you can conveniently blame it on the "left"......

So called "Closed Markets" and "Government intervention" isn't what caused the biggest problems related to Health Insurance and High medical costs...
    If you wish to believe that and there are no other issues....feel free to do so..... I know you think that Corporations are all kind and benevolent entities that do no wrong and Government is all bad all the time.........

I would hope it would be done better..... Do I know that it will be?... No I don't know that....It depends on how much Corporate influence goes into the decision making process.....If it is structured to meet the best interests of the population rather than to try and keep the Corporate Insurance industry interests a priority....it should be a far better answer to the problems than what we've had...and what we currently have...

I see you brought up Cuba..... One of the key differences between our health care system and that of Cuba is that we, focus on treating disease, rather than preventive medicine. This is an enormously profitable system for manufacturers of diagnostic equipment and and testing, as well as for all the expensive medicines we are prescribed.... In contrast, Cuba’s health system is strongly focused on prevention, using means that have been extraordinarily effectively. Education is a priority, Health and sexual education are promoted, contraceptives are free.... Universal health care is free, and everyone has a family physician and nurse.......That doesn't sound so bad does it?...

What about costs?......... We rank 3rd in Healthcare costs spending nearly 18 percent of our GDP on healthcare costs......Contrast that with Cuba, which only spent 10 percent of its GDP..... Universal Single payer can be more cost effective when you eliminate the profit driven Corporate Insurance Companies out of the health system.......

I disagree with your statement...... If you ask anyone that lives in Countries with Universal Healthcare, Such as Sweden or England, if they would trade what they have as a Healthcare system for what we have...... I doubt you'd find many that would take you up on that offer....

That same bit of advice is good for anytime under our current system.....perhaps we should be more like the Cuban System which is more about prevention than the costly treatments.........

7. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I swing both ways myself, I demand my own voting booth.

pilot87 likes this.
  8. pilot87

I didn't say I didn't want you to interject your opinion or you shouldn't.........I just asked why you felt the need to comment on what I said to another poster..My comment to him wasn't directed at you......Nothing more....Yes this is an open forum and you can comment..... You're right......

Nothing to disagree on with that....

9. pilot87

Does that make you a "Transparty" voter??

Big Dave and ABFer like this.
  10. pilot87

I'm glad you don't take our disagreements, and the occasional insults that have occured, personally...I can assure you that neither do I...... and yes, we agree about what keeps forums like this interesting and varied..........

11. pilot87

Okay.....fair enough.....I think you mis-understand things just bit.....Allow me to try and clear it up as best as I can..... I have stated in past posts....mostly quite sometime past, that my personal opinions on political matters does skew to the "left" of what you believe....that is quite obvious and I've made no attempt to modify those opinions..That does not, however, mean that I "support" "Democrats" I've stated many times that I don't think they can solve the real problems we face any more than the any of the others........However, with that being said, there is a large difference between expressing an opinion and actually "Supporting" the Democratic Party or supporting the broken Political System in its entirety...... Supporting them would entail providing economic support (Political donations) to a Political party or Politician......it would entail "voting" for a party or Politician.....it would also demonstrate that I'd have put my full faith and hope in this broken Political System to solve the real issues we face as a Human family......Once again, I have said in many posts that I don't believe that the Democrats nor any of the Political Parties and their Politicians can solve the paramount problems that face, not just his nation, but globally as well. Expressing my opinion of what I may think of any particular topic about any given issue is NOT being a "fraud" nor does it make me a "Democrat" just because I'm not a "Republican".... I know you can't seem to get past the notion that a person "Must" be one or the other.........I have explained to you in the past as to why I don't support the Political Parties and the Political System along with its Politicians....Perhaps you didn't understand the reasons I provided and I'd be happy to re-explain them again in another post or PM if you are really interested in knowing..... If not, then I would assume that you choose to just not know and keep "thinking" I'm a "Fraud" because it fits your narrative.....and it plays well with your like mined friends on here..... If anyone here is trying to "portray me as something else".....That would be you...

Why don't you "Man up" and admit that not everyone MUST be either a Democrat or a Republican.......That notion is rather narrow minded.....Those in control of Politics love the division created by this "System" of Democrats and Republicans because it benefits them..... If I had only to rely on Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or Trump or Cruz.... for a better Nation and better World.....I'd feel just as hopeless as you and many others.... That is why I understand your frustration with the Political System and its results.......Simply stated.....It doesn't work! ....If I was a "Democrat", I wouldn't be saying that.....I'd be telling you to "Vote Democrat".....

I hope you understand more clearly.....but I really don't have hope that you actually do...or at least that you'd admit to.......

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

So you're a stalker???

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

you sure you're posting in the right thread????

Like, maybe one about Springsteen?

Big Dave likes this.
  14. Northern Flash

Wow. Put that horseshit into a three ring binder or put it into hardcover book form. Lol
    The fact remains that you claim neutrality, but will only bash the Republicans. And you don't have to financially support a party to actually support a party, like you do with the Democrats.

15. pilot87

I didn't think you'd be able to grasp the concept....... Sometimes I expect to much........ Oh well, I tried, that's all I can do...... Have a good evening.....

16. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

They haven't opened their eyes in the last 50 years, I would tend to think they will still fall at "the mans" feet...

17. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Rastus, I have been on here a long time, and very few times have I read anything pilot puts on here is to attack directly... I have seen him and Northern Flash go at one another, but as you read their posts, they respect one another.. It's not wrong to disagree, if it were wrong, this would be a perfect world...

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I no longer could respect his posts, so I put him on ignore before it went astray. I encourage any who view mine as unrespectful to do the same to me.

19. pilot87

Once again, that's like saying only the ones that use the Highways or Fire and Police protection should pay for those services......

With that being said....you need to keep in mind that we, the taxpayers, are not paying the cost of Women's Contraceptives.....The Insurers are......the Profitable Insurers are......moreover, the ACA states that only one type of contraceptive is provided....One out of 18 different types....and there are other exceptions to the rule as well...... It is not the burden you make it out to be.....

Apples and oranges are both fruit...... Yes...each is different from the other....but both considered fruit..... Same with Tax dollars spent on providing Police and Fire protection and providing for peoples healthcare needs......Both are different from the other.....but still beneficial to Society as a whole......

No problem....Glad I was able to help........:hide:

Thanks for the "point"......... True.....not everyone has the same level of "skin in the game".....but we all do have "skin in the game"......

It wasn't "drivel" if it was right...... and you know it was right.....

20. pilot87

I was thinking of this statement of yours a little more........ "Bashing" meaning to Hit hard....either figuratively or literally.....so with that in mind, exactly in what manner do I "always bash, or figuratively hit hard, Republicans" and "support" Democrats?....... The majority on here, by and large, unrelentingly, blame the "left" for all things wrong with this Country........and overlook the fact, that I have been consistently pointing out, is that both Parties have brought us to where we are........ That does not sound like "Bashing Republicans...no does it sound "supporting" of Democrats......

I do support socially responsible ideas and programs......people over profit, if you will..... Typically there aren't many Republicans that support Social programs....... and by the same token, we have Democrats that are supposed to be the "party of the people" also taking Corporate money and are thus being purchased by the same Corporate money and influence as any other Politician from any Party........ Logically I wouldn't consider statements of that nature to be either "bashing" nor "supporting"....just pointing out an obvious fact...... and such statements comprise a majority of my posts that I offer opinion on a Political topic........

That doesn't fit what you want me to be, or your narrative....but that's the way it is......If you can't understand....or just simply won't understand, ....there really is nothing more to say to try and get you to be more objective .......... .. Just thought I'd toss it out there as a last effort to get you to see it in the manner intended, rather than as how you choose to take it...... I'll once again reach out and offer to explain exactly where my real support for a better future lies......If you just find it easier to place a label on me rather than actually learn why I claim, and practice, Political neutrality...then continue with your current opinion.....If you are really a person that is willing to take a moment to understand ...you may not agree...and that is okay...and expected....but you'd have an accurate picture rather than the one you currently choose to see...... It's not that complicated....really..... Feel free to PM me if you want..... ( I don't make that offer to just anyone) Have a good evening....