Un-affordable Care Act update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

it all depends on how you make your money
    entertainment (which is worthless to an extent) good- no one on the left complains at an actor making $15 million a picture
    CEO of a company bad- makes too much more than the floor sweeper

President of Exxon bad
    Zuckerberg good- the man made $4.2 billion over night, how is that for income inequality, but hey Facebook is cool besides, with out it how would we know where the next Bernie rally was

they should have to live under the same laws that they pass for us
    We have Barry Care, they should have Barry Care

once again just showing the hypocrisy of the LEFTs argument
    Conception is life, the left for the past 40 + years have told us that LIFE is just a CHOICE for the mother
    Over the past few years that "CHOICE" has gone from the 1st trimester until right before the due date (when the baby is viable and able to live outside the womb)
    Don't spin their hypocrisy on me
    Hilly supports abortion (as do most leftists) My point was I wonder how she would feel if Chelsea made a CHOICE
    Because Hilly seems to have no problem taking of her grand baby on the campaign trail.

yes it is, why was health insurance double in NJ vs Iowa, NJ had more govt imposed mandates, thus driving up the cost
    How many insurers do you have in your area, we have 2 in Louisville
    Life insurance used to be really expensive, the markets opened and cost plumented, more competition, the lower the cost, the govt locked providers out of markets

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

You are correct once again. None of us people on here are nearly as smart as you are.
    :fingure:

3. Northern Flash

You are 100% wrong. Police and Fire protection services are NOT something that the citizens CHOSE to need or require. Where flopping on your back and :censored: every guy that walks by is your CHOICE. If you don't see the difference, you are blinded by your Liberal ideology.

Aaaaaaaand who pays for the insurance via their premiums? That's right........the tax payers. So you are wrong again.

I noticed that you dodge my question. So I will ask it again.
    If a freeloader doesn't pay income tax but gets an income tax refund check, then they spend that money at the grocery store or for bills or whatever, does that mean that they are helping he economy and have skin in the game, since that welfare check and tax return check wasn't their money to begin with?

jimmy g likes this.
  4. Northern Flash

Simple answer: You will call out a Republican by name and you refuse to call out a Democrat by name. All of your supposed neutrality is fake and false since you only slap down the Democrats using generalities........

Saying "both parties" in generalities does not make you neutral. When we bash a Democrat for their actions, your only answer is that "it's the same thing that the Republicans do". Again, defending the Democrat that did wrong by deflecting the attention away from your crook.

B.S.
    But we do want people to be held responsible for their own actions. And paying people money for their screw ups only encourages more screw ups. So clearly the Democrat party is encouraging the downslide of our society by giving benefits to the screw ups. Example: letting criminals out of prison early. Paying criminals money to stay away from crime. The more babies you pop out, the higher your welfare check gets. etc. etc.

When a Republican does something wrong, you attack them with aggression, but when a Democrat does something wrong, you only respond with your generalities, while defending your Holy Party........the Democrats. You can claim neutrality.......but we all see how you roll.
    :6781:

jimmy g likes this.
  5. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

IMO, welfare and food stamps is nothing but the biggest drug ring for the Feds.. No one but taxpayers pay into it, and the users see the pusher for the drugs... That's why these two entities will not last.. Donald will take out the IRS(as it should be) and then what....

6. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Republicans use the same argument when they are are called out on some issue......and is it a wrong statement?.... I find it to be an accurate statement.......and my pointing it out only serves to demonstrate that neither Political Party has the solutions that are much needed......I don't know why you have such a problem understanding that simple premise....... Apparently, the only reason for that, is that you think there is only two choices..... Democrats and Republicans... You chose the Republican brand and to validate that choice you must blame everything wrong on the "other guy"....When I come along and point out that your chosen "saviors" are just as complicit as the one that you blame for everything wrong...naturally you're going to take exception to that and discredit me by pooling me in with those that you see as the "problem".... rather than seeing what's actually before your eyes......

Your words, not mine.....I never said that...and if you feel that way...perhaps you find some truth in those words........

I'll simply consider this as evidence of the latter part of my above statement.... Sorry you feel inadequate on an intellectual level....

ABFer and Magoo like this.
  7. pilot87

Yes, no one hopes to "chose" or "require" the need of Police or Fire protection services....but we all feel secure in the fact they are there and can be called if needed....we all pay for that through our tax dollars......All I'm saying is why should health care needs (regardless of gender) be any different?... Healthcare is just as important as Fire and Police protection.......

You seem to imply that every woman who wants Birth control is "flopping on their back and :censored: every guy that walks by"...... Does it happen?...yes it does....but that doesn't represent the majority of women....nor the majority of women that need or want birth control.....It also appears that you are unaware of the other reasons why women use contraceptives. Probably half, or more, use them for other conditions such as Polycystic ovary Syndrome, Endometriosis and PMS..( I'm sure if you don't know what the others are, you do know about PMS)......If you don't see the difference, then you're blinded by your right-wing ideology..... Personally, I'd rather have a tiny part of my tax dollars going to provide such services rather than have even more unwanted pregnancies, which lead to more abortions and higher costs associated with more children being born, and other more long term expensive care..........Yes ...I know you'll say they should pay for their own contraceptives or other women's health needs, that are a result of their gender......but that is like saying that we all should just pay for Police or Fire protection services only if we "need" them........why should we ALL pay for Police or Fire protection service on your house?........ The arguments you make against "paying for birth control or other services that women need are just more reasons why Single payer is the best option at this point in time..... In order to grow and mature to a vibrant society, we need to work together......not work towards an "everyone for themselves" society.....as you seem to suggest.......

That would be true in some cases, yes.......and partially true in other cases.....But not every case or situation and circumstance......

If I counted every time someone didn't answer one of my questions I'd spend a lot of my time counting..... I'm sure you're going to disagree with the answer...but you asked...... Twice, I might add......

Just because people don't pay federal income taxes doesn't mean they are 'freeloaders" and don't contribute in some way. In fact, a majority of them work and therefore are on the hook for payroll taxes. They also pay local sales tax and state taxes....We covered that topic not long ago....and you seemed to understand that fact........ Here is another way they contribute.....When they spend that money at Stores or gas stations they are paying taxes and they are supporting business....and that money is redirected into the Economy......whenever money is infused into a consumer based economy it contributes to the overall growth..... Here's an example of how that works....If someone who is literally living paycheck to paycheck, and that would include those "freeloaders" you referenced, spends those dollars, it's very likely that they will spend those dollars immediately on whatever they need, such as groceries, or to pay the telephone bill, to pay the electric bill ...etc...If you track those dollars spent through the economic chain it shows what is known as the ripple effect....so those dollars spent at the grocery store, as an example, in turn helps to pay the salaries of the grocery clerks, pays the truckers who haul the food and so on and so forth......... So yes they are helping the economy and thus have "skin in the game"......

A simple "Yes" wouldn't have explained why......

To your point of "it's not their money to begin with"....... Think of it this way, Most qualified for the help..whether it's unemployment or other such programs, so it becomes their money.......Just as if I were to give you a dollar...it becomes your dollar to do as you choose with....So it is "their Money" and they use it in the economy and it helps the economy through the Ripple effect.......

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. pilot87

All of your statements of "I only bash Republicans" is fake and false, since you say "I only bash Republicans" using generalities...

It seems that no one wants to take responsibility for their actions these days.....and at the risk of being called a "Republican basher".....that is something that transcends a political affiliation...that is an individual choice...... Clearly today's attitude of "me first" or the "everyone for themselves" mentality goes beyond being a Democrat or a Republican......and just as clearly the down-slide of our society isn't just the sole result of Democratic Politics or just Republican Politics....it is a much deeper rooted problem than that....... I could use a lot space here for more detailed explanations....but you likely would just dismiss it with your own generalities of I'm "just bashing Republicans..." .......

I agree with you that there is abuse of Social programs..(Not everyone using Government help is a "screw up")...there is no question of that.....However, the answer isn't taking away or cutting the programs for everyone because of a relatively small percentage of abusers...... We have Corporations that abuse the system as well.......but we don't hear much about that though do we..... There are ALWAYS going to be those that take advantage of things in an unscrupulous way...... We can not stop it from happening......... It's just part and parcel of human nature and this juncture in time....... Can Republicans stop that behavior..?

More of your own "generalities"......

9. pilot87

When we have a World.....and not just this Nation, where the wealth is ever more concentrated at or near the top of society it is very detrimental.....Personally, I have often made statements about the "entertainment" industry, which includes Sports. and the excessive amounts of money they get paid in "real life conversations". The subject of Sport and Actor pay doesn't seem to surface much in this forum....but often times the CEO pay comes up and to me it's the same principal..... ....but usually I get the response of, I'm "Jealous", or some other narrow minded reply to the issue of economic inequalities.......

Yes they should....no disagreement on that....... They have tax payer funded healthcare, We should have taxpayer funded healthcare.

We absolutely agree on this.... Life begins at conception..... It's not a "sack of cells".......... And since an unborn child, no matter how many cells it may consist of, it's going to need healthcare for the entirety of it's life.......Another reason for Universal Single payer Healthcare..... ( I know...you disagree)

Ask Hillary that....... I'd have no way to know that.....but Human nature being what it is, often times, opinions and views on things change when it comes to a persons family.....

Many Politicians use their Families in campaigns to show us how much they "care about us".......laughable really...... Personally speaking, they should all leave their Families, especially their kids, out of it........

The health Insurance Companies like it just the way it is.......You think they don't like the idea of charging more where they can get away with it?...

They fought the Public option proposal in the ACA pretty hard.....They don't want anyone to infringe on their profits and that includes any "real" competition..... The best and most effective way to deal with the issue you complain about is to leave them out of the equation with a National single payer system......Then it becomes a moot point of how many insurers are in any given area....

In Louisville a quick Angie's list search showed more than 2 Health Insurance Companies ....

Here's a few that were listed.... State Farm Insurance... United Health care....Humana......... Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield........Guardian Life....

There were more...but that is obviously more than 2.......

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He won't bother the IRS. He's big government, a control freak. He already said he's for higher taxes, and that he's for keeping Soc Secur. He'll use the IRS, much like Obama did, imo....

11. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

The IRS has been a pain in Trumps butt for years, more than the state of Florida..LOL