Un-affordable Care Act update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

The problem with all this leftist crap is its forced. There's no choice, if someone wants to turn their will and life over to the government let them. I really don't want to do that.

jimmy g likes this.
  2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Health Insurance Companies running it???.. Hey what could go wrong?....

Ohh we've been discussing all the Problems with the Insurance Companies and how Doctors are increasingly at the point they won't accept it.......

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one......

ABFer likes this.
  3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

If there was a choice, only the takers would sign up. Not the givers.

4. pilot87

I get your point about the mandate aspect of the ACA........I agree with you on that..

A National single payer system is not tantamount to turning your will and life over to the Government any more than going to work everyday at your place of employment is turning your will and life over to the Company...... Ohhh.. wait a minute....I think that example is closer to actually turning your life over to the Company than you may think for........

Anyway, back to Single payer, with a National single payer system there would be no "forced crap"..... Yours and your Families healthcare costs would be paid for through your tax dollars when you need medical care.....simple as that...... If you need care.....it's taken care of....if you don't.....no need to be concerned either.... It would be a lot simpler than dealing with all the "crap" we are forced to deal with when it comes to the Insurance industry....

5. Rastus

I was doing fine.
    I had to pay some of my own stuff who's gonna give me money?

6. Rastus

No it isn't. I do stuff they pay me. If it gets too bad I can work somewhere else.

7. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

The simplicity of single payer system seems to be wildly over stated, its the government we're talking about, and efficiency is most certainly not the hallmark of any government program, what are the usual hallmarks of our government, bloat, waste, fraud, incompetency, going over budget, and poor service, I see absolutely no chance of this somehow becoming the one thing government magically gets right. Will this take insurance companies out of the equation, heck no, they'll selling even more and more supplemental policies to cover the holes in coverage like they do now with Medicare.

Woody and Rastus like this.
  8. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

One thing for sure when you reach the age of Social Security the government also lets you buy into Medicare.
    And you will buy in because the insurance companies will not want to insure your old ass anymore without a government guarantee.
    You don't want the government in your life fine, then find somebody who will insure you.

Yes you will quickly discover the government 'ain't so bad' after all.

pilot87 likes this.
  9. Rastus

Let's me buy into Medicare? That's kind of them. The government confiscated money out of every one of my paychecks for it and left me no choice.
    The age of social security is 62. Can't get Medicare until 65. Just saying.

ABFer likes this.
  10. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

I'm very grateful for my ck. Without it would cause harm to people around me....I'd be happy in the forest with my squirrels. .
    Insurance and anything else "needs competition" to bring cost down. I'm the individual rights part in the Constitution, not some sloppy mass pool of humans shoved into one funnel, one answer, one solution, one...one....one....
    How is one service, better than MANY services ? I've never seen that work in any History book...yet you LiBral's keep trying.
    Insanity

Rastus and jimmy g like this.
  11. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I hope you make it really do.
    Don't let them make you wait any longer

12. pilot87

But would your squirrels be happy with you in the forest??....[​IMG][​IMG]

Woody and Big Dave like this.
  13. pilot87

I agree that competition can be beneficial to keeping costs in check.....however, with that being said, One must consider the fact that there are certain "fixed" costs associated to running a business.....any business.....and with that being the case competition can only lower costs to a certain level and still produce a reasonable profit.....that's why most competing business are "competitive" with each other....IF competition was able to bring costs down it would be almost free to ship something by truck considering all the competition there is in trucking.....rather the cost of shipping goes up over time as opposed to going down....with the exception of wages for the workers.....even with all the competition.....At best, competition serves to just keep costs from rising to rapidly in a short period of time.....

14. pilot87

There is a vast difference between "Individual" rights and "pool of humans shoved into one funnel" such as a pool of people mitigating risk by purchasing Insurance to spread the risk over many, rather than taking all the of the risk as Individuals....
    What makes it "Sloppy" is when the Insurers focus on profit above all else and find ways to minimize their own risk by finding ways to reduce payouts...or preferably, not pay out at all....for example, discriminating on the basis of pre-exisiting conditions....or age and other such factors.....

Logically, at this juncture, there is but one solution to the current Health care issue and that is a National Single payer system.... We still maintain our structure of delivering Healthcare.......We just change the method of paying for it....... Costs can be more effectively contained with just one payer.... not many Companies all competing for ever larger profits........Plus we would have a single Nationwide "pool" of people to further spread out and dilute the costs over as opposed to many smaller "Pools" of people we have with the many Insurance companies we now have...

When it comes to Insurance, Healthcare insurance in particular, we've seen the problems and issues that has caused....and that is what has caused the "Crisis" in the Health Insurance Industry....... There are many Insurers.....yes.....but they all follow the same underwriting rules regarding who or what they will insure.....and as far as cost goes.....there isn't a lot of meaningful difference in price between any of them......and those costs are rising in spite of being "Many services"

As to your point regarding a National Single payer system (That was what you were referring to) there are plenty of examples of how they work in many places around the World....... We have an advantage when it comes to developing our own... we can learn from those examples and create an even better one......but unfortunately, this Country is basically run by Oligarchs who have no interest in making anything better, other than for themselves......

I understand where you're coming from Woody, but at some point we need to look beyond just how it's always been...or beyond just what's best for Corporations and profit.....and do what is in the best interests of ALL of society...... We live collectively together in this Country and on this Globe and we need to collectively take care of one another, and right now the best and easiest way to do that is through our tax dollars.......

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  15. pilot87

You do have a choise
    You have a choice..... No one makes you enroll in Medicare..... Most people that have Medicare are glad they have it.....and I'm sure you will be too...

16. pilot87

They should just lower the age of qualifying for Medicare to zero.........that would be a real start.....then improve upon it as we go forward...

17. Rastus

I already paid for it, if the government would give me my confiscated money back I will go somewhere else.

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It's just income tax by a different name. Never get back taxes...

19. pilot87

A national single payer system is going to be a lot more simple than dealing with dozens of Insurance companies, each with their own less than simple forms and conditions and limitations etc...... As far as the Government and efficiency, think about how much more efficient it would be if we didn't have myriads of lobbyists running around buying up the Politicians so they can each have their own special interests taken care of...... It would run a whole lot better for everyone if we could eliminate Corporate influence from Government.

Sounds just like a Large Corporation..........and you're fine with those running everything.....

One thing to be sure of is the Health Insurance industry surely didn't get it right......and I see absolutely no chance of them somehow magically getting it right....

They will still be around....not as a dominate presence in the Health Insurance industry.....but with specialties such as cosmetic issues.....etc....

To you point about "supplemental" coverage...as currently the case with Medicare....that is one possibility....but to provide the best healthcare coverage...it should be Single payer.....meaning everything's covered and one source provides payment.....(Excluding electives such as cosmetic surgery, Breast implants etc..)

20. pilot87

Anytime they ( Your healthcare provider) enters your policy number they know all about your Insurance coverage......NOT everything about YOU......... The Government, on the other hand does know all about you......No such thing as "privacy" in that regard.......