Un-affordable Care Act update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

With National Single payer system you wouldn't have had to mortgage your home..(What about those who don't own a home) and you Mother-in-law wouldn't have to just " Grimace, inhale, and bear it"......

I wish the best for her though......

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The left claims that they are the champions for the little guy and the poor, but they don't give a damn about the little guy or the poor, if helping them gets in the way of their ultimate agenda.

3. Northern Flash

I agree 100%

By the time most Americans turn 26, they have been married multiple times and have several kids. So they should be on their own insurance by then. So I disagree with that part.

Everyone agrees that the health care industry needed a makeover, but to dismantle the entire system was one of the dumbest things ever done in this country.

Nope. We need more people rowing the boat, not just riding in the boat like they are on some kind of pleasure cruise. The National health care system can't and won't work effectively either. Plus, where would the Canadians go to get their healthcare needs taken care of quickly?

kboomarang likes this.
  4. Northern Flash

What good is having health care if you can't get it when you need it? Nationalized medicine has long delays before services get provided. No thanks.

jimmy g likes this.
  5. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Me too.
    Kids? Yes. married? No.
    It is not proving to be the godsend it was touted to be.
    Yep, we need to get the leaches off of Uncle Sam's teets, their own reservation in the middle of Nevada would be fine with me.

Northern Flash likes this.
  6. ABFer

I'm not buying that one.

7. Northern Flash

The delays on health care services in the countries that already have nationalized health care is fact. Having spent my entire life living near Canada and spending lots of time in Canada, I've seen it and heard the stories. It's not my opinion.....it's fact.
    You can disagree, that's fine, but your opinion doesn't change what I've heard from Canadians that have the nationalized medicine.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. ABFer

I'm sure that if you PM upnorth he'll give you honest data on it.

9. Northern Flash

Thanks for the correction. I misspoke. The ones who do get married don't last long, but you're right, most of them just pop out babies and/or act as a sperm donor.
    I stand corrected.{in today's society}

10. Northern Flash

Nope. No need to. Although I respect his opinion a great deal, his opinion still won't trump what I've heard from a lot of Canadians.

11. ABFer

I know that hearing something repeatedly tends to lend credibility to the story but no matter what the situation the dissatisfied complain and the satisfied tend to remain quiet.

pilot87 likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

True. But I've heard the stories for decades, so they have credibility.

13. ABFer

Mr. Magoo must have a bad hangover, he hasn't added his $.02 yet. :shrug:

14. Northern Flash

He's at WalMart, .........must have got his check yesterday.
    :clapping:

ABFer likes this.
  15. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

I think that will become an issue, it may take a few years, but if the government controls what they're willing to pay for services and that amount doesn't make sense for the investments in either equipment or education by providers or future doctors both will be in shorter supply leading to longer waits and most likely rationing especially for the aging boomers as they require more services, I'd have more confidence if the government was more successful in the management and administration of care of our veterans before taking on 300 million more, but I must admit the very term "single payer healthcare" has a better ring to it than government managed (or mangled) healthcare, I'm single and I pay every month I'm use to the term, but the very word government just screams waste, fraud, inefficient, and bloat.

Northern Flash likes this.
  16. Northern Flash

Exactly. Our Govt. couldn't successfully run a lemonade stand, and they have proven it at every turn. The VA mess is just another example of how Govt. runs everything.

The Govt. running everything and controlling our lives............what could possibly go wrong?
    :hide:

17. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

His home would have been mortgaged in the first place because after healthcare taxes he wouldn't have had the money to pay it off.
    His mother in law who is elderly I assume, would be told to grimace and bear it because she's too old to fix. They need to spend the money on younger illegals and Syrian refugees sorry.

18. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

People that poor mouth like Mags, are votes in their pockets.. But what do the poor gain, the same they always will, staying poor...

19. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Getting towards the end of the month.. Penney's White Sale is in full swing.. Monthly meeting at the cross on the first....

20. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Currently the Insurance Companies are determining what they will cover and what they're willing to pay.....and in many cases, they avoid paying for as long as possible and many Doctors, clinics and hospitals have entire departments dedicated to just dealing with Companies...... Single payer would, if done right, greatly simplify the system........ Healthcare rationing "especially for the aging boomers" is more likely from a for profit Insurance system than from a Single payer source system (Government).......unless, the Republican budget cutters cut healthcare funding in favor of more money for the Military/Industrial complex.....

No one is advocating that the Government is going to be controlling, or managing the Medical system......It would just pay for medical services rendered by the current network of Doctors, clinics and hospitals.......and actually it could even eliminate the VA because everyone would be covered anyway....

National single payer is quite different than "Government Managed"...... You don't understand what single payer means if you think it means the Government is now going to manage your actual Healthcare needs.......

Just like any large Corporation....... If you think that waste, fraud, inefficient, and bloat" is just a hallmark of Government....then you've been hoodwinked into believing that everything "Private" business does is flawless and runs everything perfectly...... If they can convince you of that....it makes it just that much easier to basically run the Country through it's network of purchased Politicians....

I'm sure you disagree, but nothing wrong with sharing divergent viewpoints....

Magoo likes this.