Un-affordable Care Act update

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Most "homeowners" already have mortgages on their homes because they don't have the money to pay outright as it is now......and you don't have any clue as to how much taxes a person would have to pay extra.......but currently with Insurance premiums as high as they are....and with Doctors charging more and more...and Insurance paying less through high deductibles and co-pays.... that in and of its self adds up to a lot....but obviously your fine with paying all that......after all it goes to such a great cause.... Huge salaries and bonuses for the Executives and profits for the Corporation....

Riiiiight..... I''m sure the T.V and radio talking heads told you that....... Surely you are smarter than to believe that.....

Magoo likes this.
  2. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

You like Obamacare so I know I'm smarter than you

Northern Flash likes this.
  3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I think the Republicans are out busy selling the Dream.
    They are going to make things Great Again, bring back the good jobs, kick out the immigrants, close up planned parenthood and on and on.
    What a crock of :shit:!

Lets put on our thinking caps and and figure out why a company can make products in India for $3 dollars a day labor would come back here for $7.25 or whatever the minimum is?
    Yeah that's a big difference in labor cost even at our minimum wage.

Packing a whole ship full of their stuff to sail here is not that expensive when you spread the cost per unit. It's cheap!

So when these people tell you they are going to bring the jobs back they are talking out their ass
    and you know what comes out of the ass.

Start really thinking about this for yourself, question these simple solutions they come up with.

I'll tell you the truth, they haven't got a clue!
    It's just election bull :shit:

pilot87 likes this.
  4. pilot87

Same applies to the "Right"..... I've said all along that neither of them are for helping the "little guy"...... Now you got it half right .....just take a leap and go the rest of the way and admit that the Right is just as much for their agenda and not for helping us...the "little guys"...

Those that support right-wing Politicians are also just "votes in their pockets"........and most of those "voters" are just working class people like on the left....... neither really "gain" anything.....and the rich get richer and poor get poorer, regardless of what political party is in control.....actually with Corporate money and influence corrupting the power structure....they are the ones who are really in control.... Politicians are just basically puppets for them to control....

Magoo likes this.
  5. pilot87

No I don't......I guess you haven't read many of my posts stating so......I had hoped it would be better....but what it ended up being leaves a lot to be desired......There are only a few aspects worth keeping......

Your posts say otherwise.....and I'm not referring to just a difference of views or opinions either... Nothing wrong with disagreement..

Usually when someone counters a point with " I know I'm smarter than you"....That demonstrates otherwise........

6. Rastus

Ok

7. Rastus

I was responding to this. I'm like Trump, I don't attack but when punched I punch back.

8. pilot87

Nice we can agree 100% on something! Even though it is very rare....

I see your point on that...... I think it's fine if they are in college which I already think some Insurance plans allowed that...

The ACA didn't "dismantle" the entire system.......It mainly made everyone buy insurance that didn't have employer based Insurance......the Insurance Companies are still in control of the system.....and now they collect premiums from the Government to assist in helping people pay their exorbitant premiums... ...but I agree the ACA wasn't the best idea to come along as a "solution" to the problems....which we still have....

I personally think the Healthcare industry is fine.....aside from being to costly...but the quality is good in most cases..... The real problem is in the Health Insurance Industry that needs a "Makeover" the most....

Single payer puts more people to "rowing the boat"...... Everyone is "in" and covered through our collective tax dollars......much the same as we are all "protected" by Police and Fire departments and have use of the Highways through our collective tax dollars..... Most people are fine with that...So what is the big deal about using tax dollars for something as important as a Human beings health and well being........?

The Canadian thing....ahh yes...... Once again if you think we can't do a national Single payer system better than Canada.....your seeing only the flaws of a system and are convinced that it "must" be that way......... furthermore, it depends on which Canadian you talked to and what they needed done....Where I am, we have a Lot of Canadians here....Snow birds ....We also have a lot of Americans as well.... Most of the Canadians I know here can only stay out of Canada for a short time span, I believe 5 months or they lose their healthcare....Most of them stay the 5 moths or less to make sure they don't lose their medical care.....So the Canadian system isn't as bad as some would have you believe.....I haven't heard of reports of Canadians going bankrupt over medical bills...or Canadians having to mortgage their homes to get needed care...like you have in the States..... Most Americans( yes we have some Americans that choose to Go to the States for some procedures because they have Medicare....an example of a "Single payer System" on a small scale) on the other hand find the Medical System here to be fine.....just as good as "back home" in most cases....and even better in some cases....and We have Universal Healthcare here.....You don't even have to be a citizen either.......just have a "Residente temporal" card...... And even better is the fact that for most needs such a routine visits, the cost is so much lower than Stateside that the full cost without Insurance is lower than what I'd pay in the States for just a co-pay or a deductible.....Especially Dental care!

9. pilot87

I added that as a compliment that I think you are indeed smarter than to believe all the pundits..... If you chose to take it another way that was your choice...It wasn't meant as a "Punch" or an "Attack" .....

If you took it as such.....I apologize......because I am NOT like Trump....... ( personally, I wouldn't try and emulate Trumps Persona.. but go ahead and feel free to if you'd like)....

10. Rastus

Its not any big deal...your right no one should try to emulate Trump. There is only one Donald..sorry

11. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

And "single payer if done right" (the big word "if" ) sounds like there's room for error and in the case of government that's given, and so budget cutters will have control of the purse strings that effect a persons care (say that doesn't sound good), but just Republicans would ration healthcare not just any old budget cutter,right? yeah right, that's almost funny, for the scheme to work rationing will be a fact. And for someone who's not advocating that government is going to be controlling or managing medical system that is exactly what this will do, they have the money, the money is dispersed the way they see fit, sounds managing and controlling to me, and yes I do understand single payer, and also understand the governments inability to achieve cost effective anything, sounds like you don't. While you may think I've been "hoodwinked" into think all corporations run flawlessly, your mistaken, because unlike the government those companies sooner or later go belly up if the waste, fraud, inefficiency and bloat aren't controlled, I think government uses something called .....ah jeez .... I should know this .. Obama needs them all the time.. like a dozen times...one should be coming soon too......oh yeah.... continuing resolution....yeah that's it, works like a champ but plays hell with national debt, but who cares am I right . But I must say you've thoroughly convinced me it's all good, so much in fact I've requested a Speigel catalog to window shop for just what I'm going to do with the extra $5800 in my pocket (Bern-nuts numbers not yours), oh yes I may still have reservations when you consider there's a large number of American that don't pay for anything now, but somehow will be all in on this with their hearts,minds, and wallets, and with the wildly expanding senior population and shrinking workforce shouldn't effect it to bad, but like you say it's bound be a hit.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

In England cancer victims have a high rate of dying, waiting. Kinda like our VA scandal...

Bubba74 and Northern Flash like this.
  13. pilot87

Your right...Only one "Donald".....and that's quite enough.......

Thanks.... I didn't think it was either....:encouragement:

14. pilot87

Always room for error in anything.....

No that doesn't sound good......Sounds eerily like the Insurance Companies......

15. pilot87

Republicans are the most likely to cut budgets....isn't that the main attraction to the Party for its supporters.....

No it's not "funny" it's a fact......

You have no way to know that because as of yet...we do not have a national Single payer system and you don't know how it would be set up..... I don't know why you somehow think that it must be a carbon copy of some other Countries System.... It doesn't have to be...It can be tailored to what would work best here...not how it may or may not work someplace else......

I happen to disagree that it would...like I said in my previous comment.... "If it is set up right"......yes that is an "If"....but it also underscores the importance of getting it right and what works best for the citizens...not Insurers.....

Do you have the same opinion of the way the Health Insurance Industry currently operates?...... They have the money and the money is dispersed the way they see fit........

I'm glad you understand single payer...... When you make statements like it's going to lead to health care rationing, it makes you sound like you don't....... Government inability to achieve cost effective anything??.... Yes I notice how much is wasted on the Military/Industrial complex..... how about the F-35 Jet fighter.....facing operating costs for the U.S. Fleet of $1 trillion, and cost overruns of 167 Billion dollars before a single plane has flown a single mission..... Are you "Okay" with that?...or since it's for the Military its cost doesn't matter?.... I don't hear much about that in the media....... We could have paid for a lot of Healthcare for that kind of money.....

You seem to give the idea that "privatized" anything is better than a Government service......In some cases I agree.....in some cases I don't.....

There is a big difference between Government and Corporations...... The ramifications of a Government going bankrupt is far more serious and far reaching than that of a Company going "belly up"..... I think we both agree on the importance of trimming waste and fraud in Government..... Government should use its resources in a responsible manner, like using them in a way that benefits its citizens....... Trillions on special interests isn't responsible.....and if we cut that stuff there would be plenty to provide care to the populace.... IF we want a Government that functions responsibly and more efficient....Get Corporate money and influence out of it..... Once again....an example of how Corporations basically running things has been woefully detrimental to Society.....

Wildly expanding senior population??... Well what would the opposite of that be?.....Do you have something against a growing senior population?.....Most of us are hoping to make it to be a "senior"...... and that is more the reason for a National single payer system to help spread out the cost over the population, rather than just say medicare covering only the segment that needs and uses the most care....Like Insurance does...just on a grander scale.....
    As far as a shrinking workforce......Stop Corporations from off shoring jobs........

16. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

There is one clear cut difference between the Republican and the Democrat bases. The Republican base is in full rebellion mode, and are fed up with the Washington b.s. and all of their lies. Where the Democrat base is still wanting more of the same b.s. Can you saaayyyyyy :duh:?

The second clear cut difference is that it's the Democrat party and their supporters that want the social changes that we are currently seeing in this Nation. And anyone who thinks that our societal changes that we are seeing under this Democrat leadership is better for our country, is a damn lunatic.

17. Northern Flash

But will there ever come a time where the poor wake up and realize that the Democrat party has been blowing smoke up their asses for decades? If the Democrat party are the ones that are fighting the war on poverty, it's safe to say that they are getting their hinders kicked, since there are more poor people currently, than ever before.
    It seems safe to say that many of the poor are content staying poor since they still vote for the Democrat party, who seem to have trouble creating an employer friendly atmosphere to create jobs for those same poor people.
    The same stupidity has kept the poor people poor for generations.

kboomarang likes this.
  18. Northern Flash

Wow. How naive can you be? The Govt. doing something right? Funny to say the least.

You sound like you've already made the transition over to the newest Liberal talking points with all of your support of the Single Payer System. We knew that was your number one goal to begin with. You didn't fool anyone.

Without military spending, the healthcare industry here in America means nothing, since we will be overtaken by more third world losers.

And Obama himself already mentioned how some of the oldsters wouldn't be a good "investment" for the Govt. Maybe that hip replacement can just be delayed with some pain medication.......of course, while hoping that the oldster dies before the hip can get replaces. Gotta love that strategy.

And if the rest of us get "covered" as well as the VA gets "covered" we will all be screwed.......not just the Vets.

And you don't understand that if the Govt. is controlling the money to pay for the services (which they would be) they also get to control WHEN the services get performed. You trust the Govt., the other 99.9% of us don't.

The Govt. is playing with house money and has nothing to lose, most corporations and management people have someone to answer to.

Make sure you put a pillow under your knees each night, before you bow to your beloved Govt.:bowdown:

I sure do.

kboomarang and jimmy g like this.
  19. Northern Flash

Yep. Shame of those evil Republicans for have fiscal responsibility and not wanting to just keep throwing tax payer money away.

So when places like Canada refuse to perform certain medical services and have long delays on other services, what would you call that? And with our piss poor VA services.......delaying services and refusing other services, what would you call that? Yep, that's right......that's rationing, just like Kboom said.

Can we get a list of things that you think Govt. has really done well with? I'll be waiting.

20. Northern Flash

Is our Govt. spending money on illegals and refugees?
    Yes or No?