ABF | Under ABF CurrentContract

Sorry Steward but I believe you can keep COBRA for 24 months. I'm not positive but I'm sure in 90+% range.

And for those of us not as hard working as my friend Steward, a formula for road drivers is $0.684 X number of tours (not over 5 tours a week) X years worked..... Explanation, you get credit for every tour up to 5 tours a week, ABF pays $68.40 for every tour and you get 1% per tour (68.4 X 0.01 = $0.684). Example: 0.684 X 180 tours X 20 years =$2,462.40 per months. If you only work 180 tours a year for 20 years.

CSPF calculator assumes you will work 5 tours a week, 52 weeks a year.

Brother Homesick. Gotta question for you if you don't mind. I'm a road driver in the southern region, I've always heard it took a 180 tours per year for our pension . But after reading your post and brother Stewart's post my question is 180 tours is considered the minimum and 260 tours is considered the maximum per year ?

Brother Homesick. Gotta question for you if you don't mind. I'm a road driver in the southern region, I've always heard it took a 180 tours per year for our pension . But after reading your post and brother Stewart's post my question is 180 tours is considered the minimum and 260 tours is considered the maximum per year ?
No! The minimum is 1 tour. The maximum is 5 tours per week. Most years have 52 weeks; so 5 X 52 = 260. But then leep years have 53 weeks.

The 180 tours is the number you need to have a vested year. 5 vested years is the minimum to be eligible to receive pension benefits. 20 vested years enables a member to receive pension health insurance. I hope this helps and answers your questions. Any questions please ask, this information is important to your/our retirement.

No! The minimum is 1 tour. The maximum is 5 tours per week. Most years have 52 weeks; so 5 X 52 = 260. But then leep years have 53 weeks.

The 180 tours is the number you need to have a vested year. 5 vested years is the minimum to be eligible to receive pension benefits. 20 vested years enables a member to receive pension health insurance. I hope this helps and answers your questions. Any questions please ask, this information is important to your/our retirement.
Thanks for the info, so 180 tours is what I need to be vested for one year and anything less would be considered a partial year ? I Gotta another question now. Lol. I'm a a 3/2 bid right now, with the way it reads I would get 5 days paid one week and 4 days paid the next week ?

Thanks for the info, so 180 tours is what I need to be vested for one year and anything less would be considered a partial year ? I Gotta another question now. Lol. I'm a a 3/2 bid right now, with the way it reads I would get 5 days paid one week and 4 days paid the next week ?
No idea. At 086 we only have 6 day bids. Or all bids are 6 days. But if you work less than 5 tours you earn less than 5 tours.

No idea. At 086 we only have 6 day bids. Or all bids are 6 days. But if you work less than 5 tours you earn less than 5 tours.
Thanks for all the great info, you've cleared up alot of questions for me. At 070 we have a mixture of 3/2 bids and 6 day bids. Probably need to bid a 6 day bid next time. Lol . Gotta give Brother Stewart Thanks also. Props to you guys for putting this info out there for everyone.