XPO | Undercover Boss

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
I'm sitting here watching this show wondering what would happen if our CEO Brad Jacobs or LTL chief Tony Brooks pulled this off?

Personally , I think it would be an eye opener for the "boss" on linehaul or in the city. Would you recognize one of these guys in disguise? Would you get fired or embarrassed with an undercover "boss"? Or would you be the person to make the "boss" see the light?

I'm sitting here watching this show wondering what would happen if our CEO Brad Jacobs or LTL chief Tony Brooks pulled this off?

Personally , I think it would be an eye opener for the "boss" on linehaul or in the city. Would you recognize one of these guys in disguise? Would you get fired or embarrassed with an undercover "boss"? Or would you be the person to make the "boss" see the light?

No ...they don't have the time to be engaged in such activities. They're all wrapped up in making their numbers. Remember what their goal is...to be the most profitable LTL in the LTL biz. Besides , I'd recognize both of those guys no matter what disguise they wore. On the other hand if they actually did decide to go under cover w/ the troops in the trenches, I doubt things would change all that much. Who knows...if Jacobs did a ride along w/ me and saw what I went through on my p&d route, maybe he'd call me into his office HQ in Connecticut, give me a hug, and reinstate my pension. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Are you kidding?

I watch that show too, we like it here. How many more of those shows can they make and the employees aren't on to what's going on? BTW, our company execs don't give a ::shit:: about us so don't expect them to show up any time soon.:shrug:

I watch that show too, we like it here. How many more of those shows can they make and the employees aren't on to what's going on? BTW, our company execs don't give a :::shit::: about us so don't expect them to show up any time soon.:shrug:
At least someone who can see whats going on!

I don't work for XPO but no large company would take such a risk in the public eye. It'd be ******* for the stock prices. However it'd be nice to see them do it with out all of the cameras who knows they might actually learn something .

he could pass for Woody Allen don't ya think

They could care less about what you or I think they know they have you and they can do what they want and you come back the next day for more

Just Curious!! is there anyone above the FOS and very few SCM's even still have an ACTIVE and VALID CDL!! They always have fairy tales of days gone by; how about something real and now!! Don't just talk the talk put a little walk to it! Yes! I said little on purpose!!

Just Curious!! is there anyone above the FOS and very few SCM's even still have an ACTIVE and VALID CDL!! They always have fairy tales of days gone by; how about something real and now!! Don't just talk the talk put a little walk to it! Yes! I said little on purpose!!
We have one former driver who is now a fos with a cdl and our scm as well.

Our CEO didn't go undercover. Ours has a CDL...

Hey SRTS, I'm off topic here, but I was just wondering if your home center is in or near central Pennsylvania? I was on vac last week and was on either I-78 or I-81 in that state on my way down to the Carolina's and couldn't help but notice your huge OD terminal off the interstate somewhere between Allentown and Harrisburg, Pa. Just wondering how big your place is in that neck of the woods?

Hey SRTS, I'm off topic here, but I was just wondering if your home center is in or near central Pennsylvania? I was on vac last week and was on either I-78 or I-81 in that state on my way down to the Carolina's and couldn't help but notice your huge OD terminal off the interstate somewhere between Allentown and Harrisburg, Pa. Just wondering how big your place is in that neck of the woods?

That's not my service center, I'm out of Atlanta, but that is our Harrisburg breakbulk. Most everything going to the northeast from anywhere in the central/western region goes through there. I'm guessing 350 doors, buttload of drivers. I believe that was the old Carolina yard before ABF bought them.

That right there is the ticket to success. Kudos to your bossman. When a man walks a mile in his employees shoes, he realizes and respects what they go through.

:1036316054:

David Congdon started on the GBO dock and then became driver before moving into the office. His father, Earl, wanted him to have first-hand experience, like Earl got with his dad, founder of the company Earl Sr, before moving up the corporate ladder. That's why a lot of us at OD speak as highly of it as we do.

That's not my service center, I'm out of Atlanta, but that is our Harrisburg breakbulk. Most everything going to the northeast from anywhere in the central/western region goes through there. I'm guessing 350 doors, buttload of drivers. I believe that was the old Carolina yard before ABF bought them.

Aren't you guys expanding right now ? I think Columbus is adding 100 doors. Supposedly redoing the fueling station as well. The guys over there seem to be very happy with the direction of things.

David Congdon started on the GBO dock and then became driver before moving into the office. His father, Earl, wanted him to have first-hand experience, like Earl got with his dad, founder of the company Earl Sr, before moving up the corporate ladder. That's why a lot of us at OD speak as highly of it as we do.

It's just so much easier to give a ::shit:: about people who give a ::shit::.

OD has a massive terminal off of I-40 in North Carolina (Kernsville ?) It seems like it is about 350 doors also. Way bigger than anything I've ever seen.

Side note: Any top management person that is willing to get behind the wheel and see what his employees go through every day gets respect from me instantly. That's my kind of boss.
:1036316054: