Yellow | Unemployment Question

jjdock

TB Lurker
Credits
I live in Illinois, but I work in Missouri. STL Terminal. Knowing that Illinois unemployment is double that of Missouri, can i draw it from Illinois instead of Missouri? Anyone?

I live in Illinois, but I work in Missouri. STL Terminal. Knowing that Illinois unemployment is double that of Missouri, can i draw it from Illinois instead of Missouri? Anyone?

you can file it with your state you reside in, but they will draw the monies from missouri since that is where you are employed.

the way it works as far as I know is they pay into whatever state you live in and that is where you draw your unemployment. It should say on yout check where your state taxes are going? I had the same situation being from California and working for a company in Minnesota. I moved at the end of the year to Texas and they paid me California unmemployment when I was laid off in December. It is where you worked last year at the same time.

I live in Missouri, but work in Kansas. I filed and received Kansas unemployment, as it is twice that of Missouri.

I collected from Pa. unemployment after CF Erie, Pa shut down. Thou I live in Ohio. I made a nice living after the CF shutdown. Well, enough to live on. I whored out myself to anyone that offered me work. I collected $452 a week
unenployment, but could also make like $162 in wages per week. After that it "banked' my unemployment. Meaning it would extend my benifits. It gave me some incentive to to at least work part time for someone. Like I said I was a *****, but I was never without work. Ohio unemployment sucks. You work, but it cuts your benefits. Get a part time job, or work casual on the dock somewhere. It's a waste of time. You cant make over your benefit amount