FedEx Freight | Unfair Raise

I like the alliteration of Motley Mutt better. We keep talking about Fred S and FedEx Inc., the issue really is Pat R. et al and FedEx Freight. As long as numbers can be shown that Fred likes, Fred really doesn't give a rat's ass how they are arrived at. MM the last time we got wrapped in this nationwide thing it was a fiasco. Is this really much different? Oh, and congrats on your win whenever at the TDC dog and pony show. It explains a lot about your attitude.

Now don't go pickin' on Rat's backside.

Ya' never know GR...considering the whole RC Purple Thong Thing...he may may enjoy picking at my backside!

:hysterical::biglaugh::guiness:

"RC Purple Thong Thing"...a new thread in there somewhere...I am sure some enterprising and imaginative poster will pick up the ball and run with it. :1036316054:

RC?...

Rat

You know what you meant by "Uh huh".
Seems like your just jumping him 'cause he likes his job.
I know your a disgruntled ex. And griping posts are your favorite.
But motley has a right to be opposite too.

So he posts he's happy, good for him!
That's no reason to say he's bs'n or change his name to "curr" or some silly crap like that.

I was never disgruntled, especially now that I enjoy what I am doing. Mr. Crue is nothing more than a **** disturber. His post about city drivers being all there is was no more than sour grapes that he didn't the call to the big leagues.

I didn't hire on with Fedex National to be a city driver or a dock worker, so neither of those are an option.

There is a difference between being dissatisfied with the direction a company is going and being disgruntled. I was the first and since I could do nothing to change that direction, I found a job I was better suited for, driving a truck.

I'll be starting with FXF in a little over a week. I guess I better get my bitchin practice in to fit in around here..........

In all seriousness, I am sure like every company, FXF will have good and bad with it. But the fact is that there are no driving jobs around here that will pay what I can earn at FXF, nothing. Will I have to do dockwork? Sure. Work nights? Yep. But the fact still remains there is not a job I can get in the trucking industry based in my area that will get me home everyday that can match the pay and benefits I will be getting.

Maybe I am lucky to be at a smaller (but growing) terminal that doesn't have the same issues that the larger hubs have, IDK since I don't have firsthand experience with why so many are unhappy..........

If that makes me naive, then so be it, but I'm feeling pretty lucky to get the job I did...............

I'll be starting with FXF in a little over a week. I guess I better get my bitchin practice in to fit in around here..........

In all seriousness, I am sure like every company, FXF will have good and bad with it. But the fact is that there are no driving jobs around here that will pay what I can earn at FXF, nothing. Will I have to do dockwork? Sure. Work nights? Yep. But the fact still remains there is not a job I can get in the trucking industry based in my area that will get me home everyday that can match the pay and benefits I will be getting.

Maybe I am lucky to be at a smaller (but growing) terminal that doesn't have the same issues that the larger hubs have, IDK since I don't have firsthand experience with why so many are unhappy..........

If that makes me naive, then so be it, but I'm feeling pretty lucky to get the job I did...............

Welcome aboard...

You will be fine.

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt.

And yes, your bitchin' abilities will need to be refined and honed to the nth degree. Keep in mind we are professional and maintain a doctoral candidate mentality when it comes to complaining.

Dr. Rat at your service...

Feel free to call at any time.

Rat

Welcome aboard...

You will be fine.

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt.

And yes, your bitchin' abilities will need to be refined and honed to the nth degree. Keep in mind we are professional and maintain a doctoral candidate mentality when it comes to complaining.

Dr. Rat at your service...

Feel free to call at any time.

Rat

Thanks Rat. I will working to improve my bitchin skills as I go along. Under your tutelage as well as others here, I'm sure I will be bitchin like a pro in short order.

Let me give you a little schooling... Take it with a grain of salt, I work for a small hub in NC so your situation may be different..

If you have a solid marriage and your wife can sleep without you, hiring on at FXF is fine for you.
If you go into FXF expecting a 500 mile run a night making 80k per year you are going to be disappointed. Realistically, work your bid and the patio and 60-70k is yours per year...
Don't get caught up in the Bull****, every rule on the books as far as being a road driver has a gray area and 90% of the time you will be wrong... Keep filing if you think you are in the right... Pick up the phone if you don't get satisfaction at the local level.

Take your time, don't wreck and you will be fine.... It's not a bad place to work, the pay is quite good but it is not the place it could have been.

Let me give you a little schooling... Take it with a grain of salt, I work for a small hub in NC so your situation may be different..

If you have a solid marriage and your wife can sleep without you, hiring on at FXF is fine for you.
If you go into FXF expecting a 500 mile run a night making 80k per year you are going to be disappointed. Realistically, work your bid and the patio and 60-70k is yours per year...
Don't get caught up in the Bull****, every rule on the books as far as being a road driver has a gray area and 90% of the time you will be wrong... Keep filing if you think you are in the right... Pick up the phone if you don't get satisfaction at the local level.

Take your time, don't wreck and you will be fine.... It's not a bad place to work, the pay is quite good but it is not the place it could have been.

No place ever is....(sigh!!!)

Rat

Thats a real good piece of advice Jeff, that very thing ended my 1st marriage, if a guy is going on nights, what you said is key.

Thats a real good piece of advice Jeff, that very thing ended my 1st marriage, if a guy is going on nights, what you said is key.

Oh Boy!!!...

Rat

So because I compete and win at the TDC (dog and pony show) somehow thats a bad thing? Wow, I do it because I enjoy competition, and to see how good I can do, and I enjoy the money and trip they give for winning. You get treated like royality when you go to Nationals. Try it before you knock it. I love the "what can you do for me" attitude. Its all about you! I know.

Yes! I love the whole principal of the TDC, see how close you can come to hitting something without hitting it. The closer you come to hitting it, the more points you get; do you really want me to drive that way on the highway when your wife and kids are in your minivan??? Here's practice...ooooppps, your wife and kids are upside down in a ditch. TDC has nothing to do with skill...it's all luck. Been there, seen too many so called drivers who were the most dangerous kiss butts in the world win.

ST

Yes! I love the whole principal of the TDC, see how close you can come to hitting something without hitting it. The closer you come to hitting it, the more points you get; do you really want me to drive that way on the highway when your wife and kids are in your minivan??? Here's practice...ooooppps, your wife and kids are upside down in a ditch. TDC has nothing to do with skill...it's all luck. Been there, seen too many so called drivers who were the most dangerous kiss butts in the world win.

ST

Completely clueless!!!

WOW!!!!

I can tell from your post you have NEVER been to a TDC competition or you wouldn't have made such an ass of yourself publicly.

Rat

Oh Boy!!!...

Rat

Oh boy what Rat? Please...do tell, I really want to hear your problem with Jeff and my post, or the quote to his post I made, step up Bro...lets hear it.

BTW, we are still waiting for your response on the Conway forum, get your ass over there and give an answer!

Yeah. Working nights wont be a problem. after 3 kids and 26 years of marriage as of April, I think I'm on solid ground there...........
Heck when I was OTR I wasn't home days or nights, so this'll be OK..........

Yep, we've got a guy on his third wife, third set of kid, and at age 76 will have a short (314 mile) day run this bid. Only took 23 years to get it. Just do your job and be patient and you'll get there.

Yep, we've got a guy on his third wife, third set of kid, and at age 76 will have a short (314 mile) day run this bid. Only took 23 years to get it. Just do your job and be patient and you'll get there.

That sucks RC, you all have some serious longevity in the west, when I was with the east, it wasn't turnover city or anything but a guy could move up.

I see you have alot to give, your posts are fun, alot of them, but when you get serious, I can really tell.

Thanks for being a focused voice, your a knowledgeable guy, too bad you chose freight, you would be a hell of a union steward in foodservice. :)

Elendil said:
Thanks Rat. I will working to improve my bitchin skills as I go along. Under your tutelage as well as others here, I'm sure I will be bitchin like a pro in short order.

Good post,your fitting in already!