ABF | Uniform Grievance

We did some research on Cintas,....They have approximately 30,000 employees........Of those 30,000,...about 300 are Unionized....mostly in the NYC area. I would imagine, to gain acess into , say,...the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center,....it would help considerably to have employees with Union cards. there are probably other places with a strong proud Union tradition, that it would help to do business in , if your employees had Union cards. Probably those places would be from Chicago on up through the Northeast. I highly doubt if there would be any proud traditions concerning Union employees at jobsites in the South,.....especially in Right-To-Work (for less)...states.....

Ummm,.....Well,..Yeah! Brother,...Type in "Union Avoidance Cintas"...........and prepare to be disgusted by the heavy-handed tactics, reminiscent of Germany in 1939,....that are perpetrated on employees at Cintas who try to organize...........And you thought Wal-Mart was brutal......
Been retired for quite some time, National linen was the company that delivered most uniforms, they were union. I see your issue.

Everyone mistakes us for R & L drivers,
When I enter a shipping area and they ask, "R&L?", I respond, "Do I look that bad?". I don't care for the look they emulate but I do like the fact that my PDA fits in the pockets of my cargo pants so I don't have try and find it after putting it down somewhere.

Everyone mistakes us for R & L drivers,.......The uniforms , in themselves,...are O.K.......I could've done without the goofy pockets on the cargo pants. I'd like a more tailored look,......Surprisingly,...I'm kind of fastidious in how I look. I don't wear shorts,.....at work,.....and if we didn't have uniforms, I would be wearing a pressed button-down shirt. I weekly shine my work oxfords........So,....now that you've heard my strange peccadilloes about work and dress,.....I guess I would say that the uniforms,...being mandatory,....make my skin crawl because I know they were manufactured by people who haven't basic worker"s rights,....and maybe not even basic human rights,.....And they're being delivered by people whose employer actively denies them the right to organize,....or speak up,....which would both be violations of their employee's First Amendment rights. Their employer disdains Unions,.....yet, in true whorish fashion,...will deliver uniforms with a mandated Union emblem on them,....because, apparently,....the price is right. The Almighty Dollar speaks with a loud voice,....and, of course,...everyone has their price. Since you can't quantify Morals into dollars and cents,.....Morals,....in a capitalist world,....are to be sneered at,.....no money in "Morals". I'm sure the company officials are wringing their hands over how much a potential grievance would....."cost".....them. But,....No one on the company side has asked me,.....the person wearing the sweatshop-made, scabbo-delivered uniforms,......if it has cost me any pangs about violating my Morals and Principles,....about using sweatshops and scabs ,...to decorate my body,.....for the company's benefit. That......."cost".....doesn't even enter their mind,....all cluttered up with dollars and cents so there's no room for Moral Principles,.............Good Christian company,....at least as long as the ledger balances..........

Not sure where the word Morale shows up in the NMFA but maybe it does if so i stand corrected and if it does please advise in which article.

Not sure where the word Morale shows up in the NMFA but maybe it does if so i stand corrected and if it does please advise in which article.
You lost me here, what are you trying to say? That one went right over my head.:shrug:

I think he means "morals",........ And he wants to know what Article that word is in. All I can tell him is that the contract is written by both sides to abide by....... And that the Union side would have no trouble making an entire Article out of Morals, and their proper application in the workplace. The company negotiators have a problem with Morals, because if they codify it in the contract, they also must abide by the the Moral Provisions.........In other words, you couldn't leak out, in the middle of contract negotiations, that your competitor was making an offer to buy you.........Rumors to influence peoples' actions aren't very.......Moral....As long as there is no " Moral" clause in the contract, ...tactics like these for the company can't be grieved.

I think he means "morals",........ And he wants to know what Article that word is in. All I can tell him is that the contract is written by both sides to abide by....... And that the Union side would have no trouble making an entire Article out of Morals, and their proper application in the workplace. The company negotiators have a problem with Morals, because if they codify it in the contract, they also must abide by the the Moral Provisions.........In other words, you couldn't leak out, in the middle of contract negotiations, that your competitor was making an offer to buy you.........Rumors to influence peoples' actions aren't very.......Moral....As long as there is no " Moral" clause in the contract, ...tactics like these for the company can't be grieved.
well said!

Now this is where I'm torn. I know that you wrote and meant morals but I believe that he meant morale, just as he wrote it, I think that he thought that you mean morale...
Well, ....It would be axiomatic that Good Morals are conducive to Good Morale.........I know my Morale is much better if I feel I can trust the people I'm working for,.........and if they're not impugning my Morals with a continuing and varied set of electronic devices to measure every metric down to the fourth decimal point in an attempt to record a minor Moral peccadillo on my part,......my Morale would be pegging the right side of my metaphysical meter..............so to speak.......

Well, ....It would be axiomatic that Good Morals are conducive to Good Morale.........I know my Morale is much better if I feel I can trust the people I'm working for,.........and if they're not impugning my Morals with a continuing and varied set of electronic devices to measure every metric down to the fourth decimal point in an attempt to record a minor Moral peccadillo on my part,......my Morale would be pegging the right side of my metaphysical meter..............so to speak.......
Take that Grammer (⊙▃⊙)! Lol..

Just to keep you guys informed:...The ruling on Case C-28-15 (Uniform grievances) is as follows: BASED UPON A REVIEW OF THE TRANSCRIPT AND EVIDENCE , THE COMPANY'S POINT OF ORDER IS DEADLOCKED. THIS CASE IS DEADLOCKED TO THE NATIONAL GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE.......On the original grievances we filed with the ERJAC panel in July, the company immediately filed a Point of Order, saying that the Grievances shouldn't be heard by this Panel. There was an Executive meeting in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. in August, where the company's Point of Order was heard. That was Deadlocked,.....the Point of Order,....not the Grievances. Now, The Point of Order will be heard at the National Panel in September, I believe. If the National Panel upholds the Point of Order, the question is : Where is the proper place to have these Grievances heard? If they DO NOT uphold the Point of Order, then the Grievances will be re-docketed at the ERJAC panel......When? My thanks to the Union officers who, at least, forced a Deadlock in these cases, instead of dismissing them out of hand....Now, I guess, it's up to the National Panel, to find whether our Grievances have merit. Stay Tuned,.....I think it will get.....interesting.....

I'm sorry to see the grievance drag on but I am glad to hear that the point of order was deadlocked, that tells me that Ernie and the union side did the right thing. I was worried that they had sided with the point of order.

I'm sorry to see the grievance drag on but I am glad to hear that the point of order was deadlocked, that tells me that Ernie and the union side did the right thing. I was worried that they had sided with the point of order.
Yes it is good to see some fight left.

And.....Lo and Behold! The order form for the new ABF NMFA contract books Just came in! I would imagine that it would be too much of a coincidence that this happened right after 63,000 of us signed a petition expressing our......"disappointment " ...,.in our current IBT ....."leadership ".......As Saint Curly would say: " Soitainly not!".....

And.....Lo and Behold! The order form for the new ABF NMFA contract books Just came in! I would imagine that it would be too much of a coincidence that this happened right after 63,000 of us signed a petition expressing our......"disappointment " ...,.in our current IBT ....."leadership ".......As Saint Curly would say: " Soitainly not!".....
Now that sounds like an unfair labor practice. :hilarious:

Just to keep you guys informed:...The ruling on Case C-28-15 (Uniform grievances) is as follows: BASED UPON A REVIEW OF THE TRANSCRIPT AND EVIDENCE , THE COMPANY'S POINT OF ORDER IS DEADLOCKED. THIS CASE IS DEADLOCKED TO THE NATIONAL GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE.......On the original grievances we filed with the ERJAC panel in July, the company immediately filed a Point of Order, saying that the Grievances shouldn't be heard by this Panel. There was an Executive meeting in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. in August, where the company's Point of Order was heard. That was Deadlocked,.....the Point of Order,....not the Grievances. Now, The Point of Order will be heard at the National Panel in September, I believe. If the National Panel upholds the Point of Order, the question is : Where is the proper place to have these Grievances heard? If they DO NOT uphold the Point of Order, then the Grievances will be re-docketed at the ERJAC panel......When? My thanks to the Union officers who, at least, forced a Deadlock in these cases, instead of dismissing them out of hand....Now, I guess, it's up to the National Panel, to find whether our Grievances have merit. Stay Tuned,.....I think it will get.....interesting.....
Update!!!!!!

Update!!!!!!
I predict that the only updates we will receive is that there are no updates. The Local has done their due diligence and the next layer of mediocrity will not bother with it. It will take the same route as the grievance filed for converting Timekeeper revenues to ABC revenues instead of ABF Freight revenues.

Update!!!!!!
We are pending decision on the October panel ERJAC.......On the point of order as to whether or not this case should be heard AT the ERJAC panel. I'll try to get a date on when the panne meets in the next day or so. If you guys have noticed, ABF has had Cintas gather up the jackets, and rumor has it that they are going to put both the American flag and the Teamsters emblem on them,......forestalling any further grievances about whether the jacket is in compliance with Art.12......it's a hot potato, according to my B.A. No one wants to rule on it.