Uniforms

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Is it just my OPCO or are all the others cheaping out on uniforms, ours don't even have our name on them, I have found that some customers are reluctant to ask a drivers name, it would be so much easier if our names were on them. I have customers that I know there name and they have no idea what mine is, I'm hon, stud muffin, good lookin, or dude.

Maybe its a union thang! I have seen non-union OPCO's that have really nice uniforms.

They changed ours out a few months ago. As much as I didn't like them, the ones provided by Aramark were a whole lot more durable. The ones we have now are falling apart, I've snagged and torn them so many times already I don't know what to do. The other ones I guess were a different material that didn't catch on things, maybe the threads were teflon coated, Idk. We used to have eleven pants and eleven shirts, but they only gave us seven of the new shirts.

I know the Aramark laundry service is a joke, I'd turn in my shirts, get them back three or four weeks later.

Hey the company is paying for them, but they aren't paying for my spray and wash, and I can't use the Aramark, I'd be without uniforms half the time. If they want me to wear shirts that are falling apart and missing buttons, it's a reflection on them.

They did come up with some place where we could order our own shirts have the Sysco logo monogrammed, and our names too I guess, and they'll reimburse us half. At least then I could get a pullover, or a pocket "T" and not have to worry about sewing buttons back on every week.

I visited a place next to one of my customers last week, they are gonna do t shirts for me for 10 bucks a pop, with our logo front and back, its on me, which is fine, I can't wear our shirts in the summer, they are hot and don't breath a bit, Aramark does ours, I don't use their laundry service either, especially after I found out how they wash them and what they wash them with.

They throw them in a vat with everyone elses, all those steel service center guys, galvanizing companies, they put 5 gallon of sanitizer in and wash, one rinse and out they come.

I'll do my own thanks.

polos with less-than-durable fabric and aramark pants here on the wrong coast. They're ok... but try fitting someone my size into the smallest I could order ( 28/32) and not look like I'm wearing my dad's pants to work, lol! I don't use aramark for washing, I don't like their QC.

I agree... do kind of wish they had our names on them... we can get the button up ones with our name, but trying to get my size in those is even more difficult... wonder if they'd just let me wear them as a dress with a belt for my scanner? LOL!!

Ha! He thinks it'd be awesome if I were to get a doctors note saying they have to let me wear a skirt or something! Yeah, imagine me climbing up and down off the gate that way... LOL!

Another bit of info about our uniforms here... the part I dislike the most: Our contract states that we can only wear shorts from March 1st through November 15th... after that we are required to wear long pants. Ridiculous... We're in the PNW... could wear shorts all year long and be very comfortable.

Ha! He thinks it'd be awesome if I were to get a doctors note saying they have to let me wear a skirt or something! Yeah, imagine me climbing up and down off the gate that way... LOL!

Another bit of info about our uniforms here... the part I dislike the most: Our contract states that we can only wear shorts from March 1st through November 15th... after that we are required to wear long pants. Ridiculous... We're in the PNW... could wear shorts all year long and be very comfortable.

Who the hell puts that in a contract? Most of us wear shorts year round, it has to get below 0 before I put on pants. With me its a comfort thang!