ABF | Uniforms

And........Don't mention, like my wife did,.....that maybe I should have a rotary-dial smartphone........

I'm hearing UOTE="canaryinthemine, post: 922208, member: 6398"]We did file a grievance,...... And lost it, precisely because the current program is.,...."voluntary ",.....and doesn't follow the parameters of Art.12. What worries me more is ABF's unfettered spending on nonoperational things and ruining any chance of seeing a" bonus" ..........deliberately, I might add....[/QUOTE]
I'm hearing it's going to be mandatory not voluntary?

I'm hearing it's going to be mandatory not voluntary?
ABF at work .com reports that it is mandatory. But given the number of suits we get and the ability to get shorts I don't see how it can be enforced. BTW the diner waitresses like the way we look in shiny new uniform. :19:

Haha Yea I'll be a real chick magnet!
050 has a note posted the for April June and August we can substitute the Abf Polo Shirt. Why those 3 months in have no idea.

Haha Yea I'll be a real chick magnet!
050 has a note posted the for April June and August we can substitute the Abf Polo Shirt. Why those 3 months in have no idea.
I showed the same post to our TM and asked him why July was not listed. It does come between June & August last I heard. He said he did not know & asked me who posted it. I said I guess the Operations Supervisor. Nothing beats a good line of communication.

ABF at work .com reports that it is mandatory. But given the number of suits we get and the ability to get shorts I don't see how it can be enforced. BTW the diner waitresses like the way we look in shiny new uniform. :19:
I wear black insulated freezer pants in the winter because they are warm. Wonder if I will get a letter for not wearing my cargo pants? Or I could go to the clinic on the cold days with minor frost bite on my tallywac***. Can you imagine Cindy Bar @ the Fort payin the clinic bill on that kind of injury? Just sayin. von.

Current uniform program,....where they "gave" city driver's $200.00 worth of clothing every two years is voluntary,.....because two contracts ago, ABF did not want to follow the provisions of Art. 12 and put a mandated Teamster logo beside the ABF logo,....or give out uniforms unilaterally,....to everyone,...because you can't make individual deals with different groups of employees,..that would be Art. 6,......so ABF created what we've been doing for the last two contracts,......(and a half, I might add....)...to get around, or evade the provisions of Art. 12. Now that we're all ..."used to".....having the road, dock, and UE people discriminated against as far as uniform dispersement,....the company is,.........in the middle of a contract,......going to impose a mandatory uniform program,....picking out the parts of Art. 12 that they like , or have to live with,....and ignoring parts that they find distasteful, or costly. Sorry, Charlie,....Last I heard, a contract is a binding document,....you can't impose bits and pieces, and ignore other bits.....If ABF is suddenly awash with cash, and they urgently feel the need to decorate their employees with the new logo,.....well then,....the ENTIRE provisions of Art. 12 must apply............Union vendors,....Made in the United States,...Uniforms for all,......Approval of the material BEFORE issuing uniforms,......ALL of that applies. And,.....don't ballyhoo about the cost,........Either you have the money to upholster your employees with new duds,....or you don't........Maybe that money could be put to better use,.....more in the line of Operational spending,.....like better maintenance,....or properly working PDA's,.......or, in the case of my terminal,......20th Century lighting on the dock, instead of the 19th Century fixtures we have now......(.....yeah, I know it;s the 21st Century,.....Don't want to ask for too much, now....)....I have an IDEA!...... How about giving us back a miniscule part of our pay that you...."borrowed",......Oh, say,....like in the form of a ...."bonus"....program......I mean,....if you're that flush with cash that you can afford to make a mandatory uniform program backed up with disciplinary measures to enforce it,.........Just an idea.......

Is this what we have become? Is this where we choose to fight a battle? Well how far have the Teamsters fallen. We all now sit and waste time thinking how to make abf miserable with the uniform policy they have decided on.

First they let us spend years crying about the weeks vacations THAT WE GAVE THEM. Then we sit around year after year crying about how they get wage increases much greater than ours but we ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN!

We as a Brotherhood should be ashamed of ourselves. Just look around we have very little to do with any of the holland and yrc Teamsters anymore for what the ibt allowed to take place as far as our once proud and strong unified NMFA was destroyed. And yes the yrc and holland Teamsters did what they felt was best for them and not the whole as in how it would affect their (BROTHERS) at abf. But now we have almost no BROTHERHOOD to speak of anymore. Were they wrong WHO KNOWS?But what I do know is we had all better right this ship quick or this will just be a prelude to the shipwreck in our futures.

Just look at all the Brothers on this forum worried about uniforms and not one word anywhere on this site about how we now have given away our upack and cube business to abf logistics and what makes it even worse they also got our company name. That's right Brothers we let judy go from our ABF TRADEMARK LOGO to a new designed logo that is not TRADEMARKED. The reason for this change is to cut business from your once giant union company and slide in a non union company to take away the business and keep the OLD WELL KNOWN NAME!

Wake up nobody is going to do a damn thing about it but cry and cry. I say judy should just come out and tell us her plan and let us see where we can fit in or leave. Why waste all that money when we can just give her what she wants now.

A BIGGER BUNCH OF COWARDS I HAVE NEVER MET! Now some will get mad at me and I can understand that. Some will agree with me and that is their right. But it is those that don't care that really **** me off. You bunch of no good ass kissing pucks make me sick. Do you think you have enjoyed all the great work rules and the quality of equipment without someone paying for it. WELL IT WAS NOT FREE WE THE OLD TIMERS SUFFERED AND PAID DEARLY FOR IT.

Many old timers don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of. And many of you wonder why they still take jobs that you come on here and cry for. Well maybe just maybe he is still there because of all he lost fighting battles for things you enjoy today.

You bunch of ungrateful PUCKS! We cry about uniforms and all the while we slip farther and farther into a BLACK HOLE!
You all have no chance because you don't have the BALLS TO FIGHT AND MAYBE LOSE SOMETHING!

I know the new uniform should be SKIRTS AND DRESSES! after all what would you all do go to the doctor and get an excuse that your little balls may get cold? WELL THAT WOULDN'T WORK BECAUSE MOST OF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!

Now for those that I pissed off. Live with it you have lived with people cramming things down your throats all your life and you will cry a little and that will be that. And for those that agree with me you are the worst because you have done nothing about it but cry. And for those that don't care. Your day is coming because they the companies will not stop until they have total victory which in their eyes is enough is never enough. BALLESS PUCKS!

Now I have said it and I feel better about it. And for those that don't believe I have lived my Teamster life as I post in here just ask anyone in Local 407 Cleveland Ohio right or wrong I did it my way. I have paid some heavy prices but at least I feel better about myself can you say the same? YOUR DISAPPOINTED BROTHER ALWAYS!

Is this what we have become? Is this where we choose to fight a battle? Well how far have the Teamsters fallen. We all now sit and waste time thinking how to make abf miserable with the uniform policy they have decided on.

First they let us spend years crying about the weeks vacations THAT WE GAVE THEM. Then we sit around year after year crying about how they get wage increases much greater than ours but we ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN!

We as a Brotherhood should be ashamed of ourselves. Just look around we have very little to do with any of the holland and yrc Teamsters anymore for what the ibt allowed to take place as far as our once proud and strong unified NMFA was destroyed. And yes the yrc and holland Teamsters did what they felt was best for them and not the whole as in how it would affect their (BROTHERS) at abf. But now we have almost no BROTHERHOOD to speak of anymore. Were they wrong WHO KNOWS?But what I do know is we had all better right this ship quick or this will just be a prelude to the shipwreck in our futures.

Just look at all the Brothers on this forum worried about uniforms and not one word anywhere on this site about how we now have given away our upack and cube business to abf logistics and what makes it even worse they also got our company name. That's right Brothers we let judy go from our ABF TRADEMARK LOGO to a new designed logo that is not TRADEMARKED. The reason for this change is to cut business from your once giant union company and slide in a non union company to take away the business and keep the OLD WELL KNOWN NAME!

Wake up nobody is going to do a damn thing about it but cry and cry. I say judy should just come out and tell us her plan and let us see where we can fit in or leave. Why waste all that money when we can just give her what she wants now.

A BIGGER BUNCH OF COWARDS I HAVE NEVER MET! Now some will get mad at me and I can understand that. Some will agree with me and that is their right. But it is those that don't care that really **** me off. You bunch of no good ass kissing pucks make me sick. Do you think you have enjoyed all the great work rules and the quality of equipment without someone paying for it. WELL IT WAS NOT FREE WE THE OLD TIMERS SUFFERED AND PAID DEARLY FOR IT.

Many old timers don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out of. And many of you wonder why they still take jobs that you come on here and cry for. Well maybe just maybe he is still there because of all he lost fighting battles for things you enjoy today.

You bunch of ungrateful PUCKS! We cry about uniforms and all the while we slip farther and farther into a BLACK HOLE!
You all have no chance because you don't have the BALLS TO FIGHT AND MAYBE LOSE SOMETHING!

I know the new uniform should be SKIRTS AND DRESSES! after all what would you all do go to the doctor and get an excuse that your little balls may get cold? WELL THAT WOULDN'T WORK BECAUSE MOST OF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY!

Now for those that I pissed off. Live with it you have lived with people cramming things down your throats all your life and you will cry a little and that will be that. And for those that agree with me you are the worst because you have done nothing about it but cry. And for those that don't care. Your day is coming because they the companies will not stop until they have total victory which in their eyes is enough is never enough. BALLESS PUCKS!

Now I have said it and I feel better about it. And for those that don't believe I have lived my Teamster life as I post in here just ask anyone in Local 407 Cleveland Ohio right or wrong I did it my way. I have paid some heavy prices but at least I feel better about myself can you say the same? YOUR DISAPPOINTED BROTHER ALWAYS!
Well, Brother Muler,.....,I'm glad you got that off your chest,.....sounded like that's been building for a while,......Better out than in, I always say......Just so you know, the uniform battle is just one of the battles I'm fighting. I'm sure you know the contract vote count for Local #30 here in Greensburg, Pa.,....I know you know we voted down the Supplement, we got a second vote at it,......one of only seven supplements that were voted down,.........We're not real happy here in W. Penna. about the losses and the ignorant language in the contract ( no corroboration for discharges, for one instance),.........and we intend to hold BOTH ABF and the IBT to the tattered remains of the NMFA. Iknow that this non-contractual uniform program has been instituted at least three weeks before it got to W. Pa. and no one else had thought to file a grievance on it. Ain't getting past me.....,I know you're just ranting,Brother, but EVERY violation of the contract must be fought, no matter how small. Maybe some of the more timid guys can take heart if we show them HOW to do it. I know you're disgusted Brother, but we're going to fight the little battles as well as the big battles in the hope that someday the " rear-echelon" troops learn to fight, too. YOUR STANDING WITH YOU ALWAYS BROTHER.

I agree with most your post with the exception of one thing. You're blaming it all on the young. In my experience most of the people who wanted to vote yes where the old people worried about their retirement. I've only been here for 4 years and came from YRC. Most of the people who voted yes we're close to retirement worried the company was going down.

And the young man makes a good point....And, neither ABF or the IBT did anything to dispell the rumors of a buyout.......ABF didn't because it played in their favor,......And the IBT didn't because..... Ahhh.....because........ummm....,..someone locked Mess'rs.Sweeton and Johnson out of their offices,.......because they didn't bother to show up that day......ummmm......Gee,....I really don't know why they didn't quash the rumor.........

Never said the young. Talked only of the current workers.
I shouldn't have put words in your mouth. I'm just as tired as u watching everything I came here for get voted away because of company scare tactics. Kills me so many are blind to how the company is taking from ABF and giving it to a sister company then blaming us for the loss of revenue.

I'm too tired to get into it in depth right now but that U-Pack maneuver received its share of discussion during contract negotiations. Grievance has been filed on the shell game with the Timekeeper revenues but our Local Union doesn't have a clue on what to do with it and Hoffa has food to eat and money to count and doesn't want to bother with it.

Apparently, Hoffa will Go, ..maybe before 2016. .....so now the new slogan is: Hall Must Go 2016. Indifference and Incompetency at the top breeds futility and desperation at the bottom....And anger,.......let's not forget about the anger...

Now that's a mouthful and I surmise it took a while to fester before it finally popped. Brother Muler you are not alone in your frustrations with what we have become and where we have been led. Yes, we were led here by our union in spite of those of us refusing to follow and campaigning for others to follow us.
I see the uniform policy and its implementation more a matter of principal than the uniform itself. The real slap in the face to me is the company's reference to Article 12 in the Uniform Policy. It applies to us but not them. I applaud Brother canaryinthemine for taking up the fight and I am interested to see how it all pans out. IMO this fight should be fought by the people we pay to represent us. This is, after all, a nationwide issue.
Yep we allowed it to happen. Well...not exactly "we" as in you, canaryinthemine and myself, I am confident that we did not go along with the plan. "We" are however, stuck with the outcome. I take the first line of The Serenity Prayer to heart as I live my life..."God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." It's done for now. I did my best when I could make a difference but that time has passed and I cannot dwell on what I have. Perhaps those who were not strong enough to take a different path will do so the next time. Though I will not have a part to play in it I hope things go differently next time around for those who are still here.
No argument from me here. I have attire with Teamsters name and logo firmly affixed that I am too embarrassed to wear. If anyone out there wants it I'll ship it to them UPS prepaid.
The U-Pack and Timekeeper shell game was previously addressed. As far as the shiny new logo goes everyone I talk to sees it as a waste of millions of dollars. How many millions we will probably never know. However, that logo was never ours to start with and therefore impossible for us to give away. Sad to see just the same.

More on this later.

There is nothing we can do about the uniforms and article 12 Tyson Johnson agreed with everything. So there is really nothing to be done. I will say they (mgmt) no longer care or at least act like it, so I really don't care anymore either. Abf is now a $hi##y place to work.