Yellow | Uniforms

Well the humidity has started to pickup in Florida,its going to be hot and sweaty with the orange bowling shirts. Have not heard of any progress with any grievances,I sure we wont for quite a while.

jjcityman said:
Well the humidity has started to pickup in Florida,its going to be hot and sweaty with the orange bowling shirts. Have not heard of any progress with any grievances,I sure we wont for quite a while.

What is your bowling average JJ?

Just curious did anyone email yellow and tell them How "great" the shirts are?

Do any of you guys have lockers? We were supposed to at LCP, but now were not.

Hi, Ya we have lockers, but they're not very big. I think they use k-y to get all the shirts and a jacket crammed in there.
If you happen to look at the weekly propanda sheet,you'll see several people grouped in front of lockers. That would be a fair representation of the lockers.
Later,wolleyworldd.

Has anybody heard if the uniforms are optional due to pending grievances? I heard a rumor today that the shirts are optional in Florida because they are to hot. I was told that the guys in Miami are not wearing them!

We got told today in GAR that stating tomorrow (5-9-06) that uniforms would be MANDATORY. We had someone win a grievance over the hats, so now we can wear any hat/cap we like.
Evidently, someone else had a grievance over the material being too hot in the summer, but that was won by the company.

The Uniforms Are Too Hot. While Were At The Terminal We Wear Them And When We Head Out We Take Them Off. In Newark Nj The Drivers Had Gotten Into Some Fights Over These Uniforms. In Ny They Refuse To Wear Them, Still. We Must All Stand Together On This. They Are To Dam Hot To Wear!!!!

Hi
How come the Teamster logo isn't on the left shoulder were it should be?
When we wear our local pins on our hats it's on the left side so other drivers can see it.
Wadda you think?
wolleyworldd

The Teamster Emblem Should Be On The Left Shoulder And An American Flag On The Right Side. The Company Didn't Want Anyone To See The Teamster Emblem While We Were Driving Thats Why They Did It This Way. The Uniforms Need To Be Changed And This Time A Uniform Comittee Should Be Formed By The Union. The Company Always Goes Through The Union, Except For This Time.

Professional said:
American Flag should always go on your left shoulder. (closest to your heart)

Thank You! Amen! We're still (for now) One nation under God. But they're working on it.........

Great advice

YOGIROCK said:
The Teamster Emblem Should Be On The Left Shoulder And An American Flag On The Right Side. The Company Didn't Want Anyone To See The Teamster Emblem While We Were Driving Thats Why They Did It This Way. The Uniforms Need To Be Changed And This Time A Uniform Comittee Should Be Formed By The Union. The Company Always Goes Through The Union, Except For This Time.

I completely agree with your view points. I think the image looks very sharp with all the shirts and jackets. However, there should be the teamster logo on the shoulder. The american flag, I am not sure about right now. I just think it might be too much added on to the clothing and could look tackey. On the other hand, I could be wrong. In closing, I do think the union needs to have their own panel/group involved with these issues too.

Fight the good fight​

Professional said:
American Flag should always go on your left shoulder. (closest to your heart)
THATS NOT THE WAY THEY INTENDED THE UNIFORMS TO BE. THEY WON'T EVEN LET YOU PUT A FLAG ON THEM. JUST TRY IT AND SEE!!!

YOGIROCK said:
THATS NOT THE WAY THEY INTENDED THE UNIFORMS TO BE. THEY WON'T EVEN LET YOU PUT A FLAG ON THEM. JUST TRY IT AND SEE!!!
Come on, when did you guys get the uniforms? Tell me were you complaining to high hell! If you guys get them, then were next at Roadway. It will be floods of tears here.

Memorandum on uniforms

I don't know if anyone has seen this or not, but a memorandum came out on 4/26/06 from the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee (Tyson Johnson, co-chairman). I can email you the whole thing, but part of it says.
"Yellow Trans uniforms will consist of a company provided jacket and shirt. All DOT qualified CDL holding employees (excluding over the road drivers) who are assigned tasks where they will interact with the comapny's customers, are required to wear the uniform. These employees must wear the company uniform or other shirts or jackets that have been approved by the company to work and on duty. If an employees shirt is covered by a jacket, the jacket must be the uniform jacket or one approved by the company.

So my question is what else is approved besides these awful shirts? It doesn't say. I email yellow, I'm just waiting on a reply. I also told them how I appreciate getting laffed at by customers, and made fun of by other drivers.