Yellow | Uniforms

pondering this

Cityman said:
Has anybody heard if the uniforms are optional due to pending grievances? I heard a rumor today that the shirts are optional in Florida because they are to hot. I was told that the guys in Miami are not wearing them!

I'd like to know what the guys are filing on, article 16 doesn't seem to really cover uniforms more so equipment. I'd love to file on them up here, just not sure what's the best way. Any thoughts?

Lets See Yellow Try To Enforce This Company Rule About Having To Wear The Uniform Shirt. It's Going To End Up In Arbitration Probably In August When The Humidity Is Really Bad. Then We Will Show The Arbitrator Or Committee Just How Bad These Shirts Are. I Don't Think Yellow Wants To Push This Issue.

Birddog did you say you say that putting the American flag on these awful shirts would be tackey It would be the only class on them besides the Teamsters logo

looks like the union approved these. why would the emblem be on the shirts. they are yellows, not the unions. maybe yellow can work out a deal and the union can buy you shirts, but i doubt the union will spend any money. they are working like cats and dogs to get members from UPS and I am sure FedEx. they need the money, more so than needing more people to take care of. they cant take care of the folks they have now.
when i see a 501C on their tax forms then i will believe they are for the worker. until then, they are a for profit organization to make money just like the ones we work for.
why pay and have a third party speak for you....you dont want the uniform shirts...well, looks like the union didnt listen to ya.

:stretch:
wtnmale650 said:
maybe yellow can work out a deal and the union can buy you shirts,
why pay and have a third party speak for you....you dont want the uniform shirts...well, looks like the union didnt listen to ya.

Maybe they could do like at my girlfriends work, every year, they get something like 150-200 in credit to but from a catalog, you can pick all kinds of shirts, and different kinds of coats.. Ofcourse the also get alittle towards shoes to like $75 once a year. But you pick what you like and the stuff is normal and nice. Figured this maybe a good idea with the swamp holly catalog

wtnmale650 said:
looks like the union approved these. why would the emblem be on the shirts. they are yellows, not the unions. maybe yellow can work out a deal and the union can buy you shirts, but i doubt the union will spend any money. they are working like cats and dogs to get members from UPS and I am sure FedEx. they need the money, more so than needing more people to take care of. they cant take care of the folks they have now.
when i see a 501C on their tax forms then i will believe they are for the worker. until then, they are a for profit organization to make money just like the ones we work for.

Let me tell you fellows, I'm proud to be Yellow and I'm proud to be a Teamster. Give me my Yellow shirts with that great teamster logo and I'll wear them with pride.

Here in Reno, NV it gets hot, high mountain desert, a right to work state, our terminal is 100% joined. And proud of our traditions, which include hard work for Yellow, and the benefits of being Teamsters.

There are people with a political agenda that are trying to divide us as a force in the work place. These people want ever cheaper transportation costs and go to no length to get them, their agenda is to divide and concur and lower wages for all drivers.

Go, go, go Jimmy Hoffa.

Actually, now that I wear them, the unis would be sharp looking if they got rid of the stupid stripes down the sides. All plain orange would look great. And I like the one jacket with the horizontal stripe-- the one with the vertical stripe went out of style in 1973...........

The polo shirt and the horizontal stripe jacket are identical in style to FexEx, but different colors.

Jimmy B, Indiana's a right to work state too. But to work at Yellow, you still must be 100% Teamster. Contract says so, and right to work really has nothing to do with that, I believe. Join and accept the contract, or go on down the road and work somewhere else. Pretty simple-- no politics to it. No union/anti-union issue, really. Just yes or no.

State and Federal law trump the contract, see Article 3.1 (f). Not just our contract either. You can not execute a binding contract for an illegal purpose, something that is contrary to law is an illegal purpose. For example, if you offered to sell me a kidney for $100,000 and I gave you the money and you skipped, I could not win a judgement in civil court -- it is against the law for you to sell me your kidney. We could both face criminal charges for conspiring to do something against the law, you get the idea.

hillbilly frog said:
Hey JimmyB, best I can tell from his post here wtnmale650 works for FEDXF. Wonder why he is so concerned with your uniforms?
yes frog very wierd anti union post over uniform. the simplest thing Yellow could do is pass out some tea shirts along with the heavy shirts. T

Hey Jimmy B Yellow Must Have Brainwashed You, I'll Bet You Guys Wear Polo Shirts Out There Probably 100% Cotton. Well In The Dc Area It Gets 100% Humid And The Shirts They Got Us Are 75% Polyester And There Hot As Hell, So Unless You Work In Humidity You Wouldn't Know What Were Talking About. The Shirts Need To Be Changed!!! Thanks For My 2 Cents.

YOGIROCK said:
Hey Jimmy B Yellow Must Have Brainwashed You, I'll Bet You Guys Wear Polo Shirts Out There Probably 100% Cotton. Well In The Dc Area It Gets 100% Humid And The Shirts They Got Us Are 75% Polyester And There Hot As Hell, So Unless You Work In Humidity You Wouldn't Know What Were Talking About. The Shirts Need To Be Changed!!! Thanks For My 2 Cents.

You got that right. I had a new volvo and the a/c didn't work. thurs, and it was really humid, plus a fibreglass roof trailer. Anyway I got over heated and went home sick. I told them to wright it up as a on the job injury due to the truck and shirts.

YOGIROCK said:

How did you guys get shirts that are 75% polyester. Here in NJ our shirts are 100% polyester and there are numerous problems with the fit. Alot of guys turned them back to the uniform co to get the right sizes and as of yet nothing hs been returned. I also was under the impression that according to the contract the uniforms are to be union made. No where on them do they say "union made". They just have the label of the uniform co. in them and made in USA.:thumbsdown: Yellow should have done what ABF did.
Give each man a $150$ per year allowance and let them go to the Co. store and pick and choose. At least there you could get something in cotton or a cotton/poly mix that can BREATHE and can be worn in the Hotter climates. Sounds like who ever ordered these uniforms should have done their homework and at least tested several diffrernt types and styles in a few areas (research and development) before requiring something to be worn by every one. Now what happens ..............All that money spent and it seems like they are back to square one. OH Well , I'm glad that I'm not the one who made that decision.......:nutkick: Can you say unemployment????:duh:

yo johnny....

why not get YELLOW to get swamp holly guinie t-shirts and italian knits (maybe an allowance for a gold chain with a horn on it)......

this way when you're peddling on bloomfield avenue you fit right in.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i wish i could find a tie dye shop that would make swamp holly and black tie dyes..........

MIKEEEEE said:
yo johnny....

why not get YELLOW to get swamp holly guinie t-shirts and italian knits (maybe an allowance for a gold chain with a horn on it)......

this way when you're peddling on bloomfield avenue you fit right in.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i wish i could find a tie dye shop that would make swamp holly and black tie dyes..........

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Mikeeeeeeeeeee But no jewelery here ....................... but I like the tie dye thing. More like Madison and 21st. Ave in Beautiful downtown Patterson.

got info yesterday must wear shirts till temp hits 90 then you dont have to wear them what was every body wearing before this most freight guys you see wear lumber jack shirts or jean shirts at least these have the ibt logo on them