XPO | Uniforms?

City guys got theirs first because they deal with the customers is the way it was explained to me. Doesn't matter to me.

Yeah UN...we were told the very same thing...drivers who are 'customer facing' take top priority in getting coats, and uniforms first. P&D guys will be the tip of the spear, so to speak, as far as providing public exposure and name brand recognition of our new name. Seems like a good marketing idea to me...cause it looks like nothing else is going to expose the XPO logo by way of signs, equipment, etc. relative to re-branding any time soon.

Yeah UN...we were told the very same thing...drivers who are 'customer facing' take top priority in getting coats, and uniforms first. P&D guys will be the tip of the spear, so to speak, as far as providing public exposure and name brand recognition of our new name. Seems like a good marketing idea to me...cause it looks like nothing else is going to expose the XPO logo by way of signs, equipment, etc. relative to re-branding any time soon.

Most guys don't wear a whole lot of the Con-way gear on L/H any way. You get the one guy still wearing his brown CCX jacket. Okay. Your special. But most of us are wearing our bibs over something comfy.

Are we getting the same style uniforms, cuz these suck, the shirts buttons are always fallin off, and the stretch bands in the pants just plain suck, I think they must be womens pants or something

Most guys don't wear a whole lot of the Con-way gear on L/H any way. You get the one guy still wearing his brown CCX jacket. Okay. Your special. But most of us are wearing our bibs over something comfy.

Can't see why not. It's better to be warm and comfy than cold and a walking bill board where nobody will notice nor care what you look like. If and when you L/H guys do get jackets and uniforms...make sure that you swap your no name or con-way jacket for a XPO one when u get in at your barn. That is ...if you have a spit and polish type drill sgt.TM who goes out of his way to call guys out for being 'out of uniform.'...otherwise disregard and carry on.

Linehaul doesn't wear uniforms. At least at our barn, after the last bid they don't. Every day is casual friday, jeans and tshirt. Nobody cares.

Wow SD...you mean L/H guys would rather go out and put wear and tare, grease, etc. on their own duds rather company supplied uniforms?

This ain't my first day. Never been a problem.

Apparently not HS...at my barn as a day P&D guy our SCM is always giving us the once over look as far as uniforms go. When we went from CCX to Conway and got our new Conway caps I asked if I could still wear my old CCX cap while doing dock duty. My TM replied, "No, you got your new
Conway hat and I expect you to wear that now, (even on the dock), not the CCX hat."

and not all of us live south of the mason dixon either

I am in Ohio. And clearly north of that line. I am also aware of where it is on a map and it's much further north than most people realize.

None the less. I am not in whatever snow pit you are. And if company clothes make you feel better about yourself. Great.