XPO | Uniforms?

I am in Ohio. And clearly north of that line. I am also aware of where it is on a map and it's much further north than most people realize.

None the less. I am not in whatever snow pit you are. And if company clothes make you feel better about yourself. Great.
FREE! always makes me feel better

I think dockworkers and linehaul drivers should get jump-suits like you see some of the mechanics wear. I don't mean to just exclude city guys but I mean for them to only be worn on the dock.

qvInukp.jpg

That is how most corporations roll. Save money buying the Dickies brand, and lose money while the employees are huddled up around their engine fan trying to warm up.
:duh:

That is how most corporations roll. Save money buying the Dickies brand, and lose money while the employees are huddled up around their engine fan trying to warm up.
:duh:
yeah but.....we could override idle shut down with the sterlings can't keep those freightliners run'n long enuff to get warm

yeah but.....we could override idle shut down with the sterlings can't keep those freightliners run'n long enuff to get warm
I get your point, but I was actually referring to the forklift operators wearing the cheaper clothing, and hovering around the forklift engine heat.
:1036316054:

So has anyone heard about if we will be getting exta uniforms. It's been almost 2 years and haven't heard a word about it. We use to get them every year

So has anyone heard about if we will be getting exta uniforms. It's been almost 2 years and haven't heard a word about it. We use to get them every year

At our barn, some guys were passed over if their anniversary was too close to when the first batch of uniforms were passed out. Now, Second anniversary, guys are getting uniform orders left and right, jackets too. We just have to submit the order form. Push your personnel guy about it. I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you order more if needed.

Some of those uniforms must be getting pretty raggedy after 2 years!

You can override the freightliners, if you're not aware, though it take a some time. Let it idle in neutral until the engine light flashes (the warning for a shut down). Then rev your engine. The engine will idle then without a shut down. I do it all the time for lunch in hot/cold weather and to warm/cool the truck in the morning.

Can do it at stops as well but you have to wait until you get the warning light which can be annoying.

You can override the freightliners, if you're not aware, though it take a some time. Let it idle in neutral until the engine light flashes (the warning for a shut down). Then rev your engine. The engine will idle then without a shut down. I do it all the time for lunch in hot/cold weather and to warm/cool the truck in the morning.

Can do it at stops as well but you have to wait until you get the warning light which can be annoying.
I know the city freightliner will do it as for the road truck the ones I have drive it doesn't work

At our barn, some guys were passed over if their anniversary was too close to when the first batch of uniforms were passed out. Now, Second anniversary, guys are getting uniform orders left and right, jackets too. We just have to submit the order form. Push your personnel guy about it. I don’t see why they wouldn’t let you order more if needed.

Some of those uniforms must be getting pretty raggedy after 2 years!
We were told recently at my barn “no new uniforms” unless they are torn badly. One guy busted the zipper in his coat, no new coat. He’s wearing his old Con-way coat!