Union Bonuses taken from Member Dues

werble

TB Lurker
Credits
Below are some great disbursements the union doesnt mention in their consisten bashing...hmm seems suspect

the union is a cash cow that grows with each and every member

SCHEDULE 15 REPRESENTATIONAL ACTIVITIES
1. Named Payee Itemized Disbursements $32,573
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $25,192
3. To Officers $440,772
4. To Employees $2,055
5. All Other Disbursements $27,431
6. Total Disbursements $528,023

SCHEDULE 18 GENERAL OVERHEAD
1. Named Payee Itemized Disbursements $0
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $100,712
3. To Officers $6,606
4. To Employees $0
5. All Other Disbursements $58,436
6. Total Disbursements $165,754

SCHEDULE 16 POLITICAL ACTIVITIES AND LOBBYING
1. Named Payee Itemized Disbursements $25,000
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $0
3. To Officers $1,321
4. To Employees $8,219
5. All Other Disbursements $525
6. Total Disbursement $35,065

SCHEDULE 19 UNION ADMINISTRATION
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $14,850
3. To Officers $161,208
4. To Employees $149,781
5. All Other Disbursements $13,274
6. Total Disbursements $339,113

I don't know where you came up with these figures but i'm assuming these are general disbursements to the International not on the local level. I also don't see actual names attached to these numbers, unlike the names attached to NCT management. Therefore, when you come up with more credible information to attach to a name we can then defend the figures. There's no doubt the International is a business, as is NCT. Most if not all those numbers are probably tied to expenses throughout the scope of what they do operationally. This is only my guess, not facts. Putting a name to a number or a figure would be alot easier to investigate than just posting adverse dollars.

the numbers correspond to the Local 107 officer group, and employees as stated to the department of labor, the union , (to my knowledge does not have to put exact specifications on each of the above expenses...as it is not reported in that format)

Furthermore, we don't know exactly where the money is coming from. You claim the money comes from dues. There are other venues where money is gained, like major donations, investment returns and the like. We know that the perks from NCT came from profits made off your hard work. I seriously doubt they came from donations etc.

For everyone's peace of mind, I will reach out to someone who can shed some light on this. When I receive a credible response, If allowed I will post their response.

sounds like some one is a non union liking member...
What they posted is what everyone can look up on the internet its called a LM2 form filed with the dept of labor. Everything on that form shows expense and income.

When you become a local 107 member in a few days you can address your issues at the monthly meeting .the vote is over so stop trying to divide this company more

Below are some great disbursements the union doesnt mention in their consisten bashing...hmm seems suspect

the union is a cash cow that grows with each and every member

SCHEDULE 15 REPRESENTATIONAL ACTIVITIES
1. Named Payee Itemized Disbursements $32,573
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $25,192
3. To Officers $440,772
4. To Employees $2,055
5. All Other Disbursements $27,431
6. Total Disbursements $528,023

SCHEDULE 18 GENERAL OVERHEAD
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $100,712
3. To Officers $6,606
4. To Employees $0
5. All Other Disbursements $58,436
6. Total Disbursements $165,754

SCHEDULE 16 POLITICAL ACTIVITIES AND LOBBYING
1. Named Payee Itemized Disbursements $25,000
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $0
3. To Officers $1,321
4. To Employees $8,219
5. All Other Disbursements $525
6. Total Disbursement $35,065

SCHEDULE 19 UNION ADMINISTRATION
2. Named Payee Non-itemized Disbursements $14,850
3. To Officers $161,208
4. To Employees $149,781
5. All Other Disbursements $13,274
6. Total Disbursements $339,113

Did your DADDY help you with this? "Werble wobbles, but he will FALL down!"

Did your DADDY help you with this? "Werble wobbles, but he will FALL down!"
I think people on both sides of vote are too focused on where union dues go and how much management is making. Don't care where dues go if they negotiate a good contract for drivers.Don't care what management makes if they compensate employees properly.

^^^ Thats a big negative,,,,,why would I want my money to go to an underfunded pension that will be bankrupt in 10 years ? Sorry my friend I choose to keep my money and save it myself instead of just blindly giving it away for nothing in return.

Furthermore, we don't know exactly where the money is coming from. You claim the money comes from dues. There are other venues where money is gained, like major donations, investment returns and the like. We know that the perks from NCT came from profits made off your hard work. I seriously doubt they came from donations etc.

Mark you know the truth, the BA's driver fat new cars all of them have double pensions & if they are voted out they go right back to work,,,,,,,,,,, please same ish diff day. The Teamsters are a business just like NCT they just choose to hide it behind the RAH RAH go team !

I don't know where you get these notions that the pension is under funded. You're grasping at straws, still trying to push your negativity about the union. We get that. I hope that once the contract is set in place and the employees realize it was beneficial to have the union you'll be man enough to admit your faults and commend those who fought so hard to provide you with a better standard of work.

Mark do your reading the central states alone is UNDERFUNDED by 18 BILLION dollars yes BILLION ! Where the heck did all of that cash go ?? Follow da money my friend !

darksky, you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes at any local union office. If you were slightly open minded I could post a short novel and fill you in on some of the responsibilities that they have. But I won't waste my time on someone who constantly spews negativity. Your assumptions about the union are just that....assumptions contrived from anger and made up scenarios with no factual data to back it up. You keep driving the dues issue but you're not seeing the return for that expense. Right now, you're spending your hard earned money on expenditures the union will provide for free. Do I need to show you the math again? Why would anyone want to pay for something they can acquire for free? Put simply, why pay more???

You keep believing that I don't have a clue Mark. I had 15 years crooked crap 15 years of meetings and elections and contracts and blah blah blah. Mark I will let you in on a little secret,,,,,my uncle was a BA so yea Mark I have wayyyyy more than a clue ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have the truth !

Now you go on and have a nice weekend & give your man crush a hug for me hes prob pretty sad losing they way he did !

18 billion allegedly, but yet they're still making their pension payments and providing protection to all members. Tell me, how is that possible? I haven't heard about one pension check bouncing in all the years in the craft. I'd like to see where you're getting this information from....the company? I'll use your phrase..... show me on paper...

18 billion allegedly, but yet they're still making their pension payments and providing protection to all members. Tell me, how is that possible? I haven't heard about one pension check bouncing in all the years in the craft. I'd like to see where you're getting this information from....the company? I'll use your phrase..... show me on paper...