XPO | Union Busting 101: A Look Inside Jackson Lewis

At the very least if he was busted up its covered as an On The Job Injury,
Careful what you wish for this could be U .............**** Happens to good people everyday.

That guy needs to be fired. He should have never been given a license. I will never be doing 60 mph in a parking lot with a set and jump a curb just to find the one available tree to ram my truck into.

Oh he was fired thats for sure, because regardless of the facts of this accident it's always a preventable according to Conway.

And then Conway will bring back all the "coaching" sessions and all the points going back 10 years and will fight this drivers unemployment and workmen's comp benefits and then this driver would have wished he had a union to protect him from what Conway gets away with.

That guy needs to be fired. He should have never been given a license. I will never be doing 60 mph in a parking lot with a set and jump a curb just to find the one available tree to ram my truck into.

WOW!!! See what the pressure of that place has done to that poor guy, feel bad that it came to that!! Highspeeds did you say he delibertly drove around looking for a tree to hit?? What was the reason for that? What would cause a DRIVER to do that?? Unbelievable!!!
There are people out there who can help eleavate that kind of stress! Who can get everyone on a level playing field, and believe it or not even management will feel better!!! They won't have to sneak around trying to ruin someone's lively hood no more, because both management and the employees will both be playing with the same set of rules!!!!

WOW!!! See what the pressure of that place has done to that poor guy, feel bad that it came to that!! Highspeeds did you say he delibertly drove around looking for a tree to hit?? What was the reason for that? What would cause a DRIVER to do that?? Unbelievable!!!
There are people out there who can help eleavate that kind of stress! Who can get everyone on a level playing field, and believe it or not even management will feel better!!! They won't have to sneak around trying to ruin someone's lively hood no more, because both management and the employees will both be playing with the same set of rules!!!!

It's a small tree with tons of space around it and he hit it square. I call it how I see it.

It's a small tree with tons of space around it and he hit it square. I call it how I see it.

Good point, you call it the way you see it......? Are you sure your a DRIVER?? I mean it's ok if your not? I realize your just doing what your told by putting that little spin on the truth!! Thanks for clearing that up for me though!!! He did not hit the tree on purpose. Jury for the plaintiff( NOT GUILTY )

Good point, you call it the way you see it......? Are you sure your a DRIVER?? I mean it's ok if your not? I realize your just doing what your told by putting that little spin on the truth!! Thanks for clearing that up for me though!!! He did not hit the tree on purpose. Jury for the plaintiff( NOT GUILTY )
He is not a driver, I've seen drivers at FedEx that are true company drivers!
But not like beerfd and Highspeeds, their leads and language are management direct leads.

Wow, your able to look at a picture and tell immed. the driver is at fault. Con-Way safety dept. must be impressed with you.

No it wasn't immediately. I studied the pick for a good five minutes. Where are the skids marks ? Thrown up dirt or ruts?

Why was he going so fast ? To jump the curb and hit the tree so hard ? Why didn't he make some attempt to avoid the tree ?

The rear box is kicked to the driver side as though he was steering into the tree.

No it wasn't immediately. I studied the pick for a good five minutes. Where are the skids marks ? Thrown up dirt or ruts?

Why was he going so fast ? To jump the curb and hit the tree so hard ? Why didn't he make some attempt to avoid the tree ?

The rear box is kicked to the driver side as though he was steering into the tree.
Here's a side view of this accident , all good questions to ask but never the less it's after the fact and we could speculate all day over the outcome , but point being if and when you or anybody else comes across bad juju or carma in the near future ya might wanna think about an insurance policy in the form of a union to supply support for your own protection , standing in the unemployment line doesn't sound to appealing behind a unfortunate mistake !

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a side view of this accident , all good questions to ask but never the less it's after the fact and we could speculate all day over the outcome , but point being if and when you or anybody else comes across bad juju or carma in the near future ya might wanna think about an insurance policy in the form of a union to supply support for your own protection , standing in the unemployment line doesn't sound to appealing behind a unfortunate mistake !

Honestly this doesn't make any of it any clearer to me. Although I have a huge bit more respect for what looks like not a very big tree. Not that much bigger than a telephone pole and it stopped him now. The weight in the lead destroyed the headboard and brought the landing gear up over the drives. And obviously it is much more clear that it's a good thing there was no one in the jump seat.

Honestly this doesn't make any of it any clearer to me. Although I have a huge bit more respect for what looks like not a very big tree. Not that much bigger than a telephone pole and it stopped him now. The weight in the lead destroyed the headboard and brought the landing gear up over the drives. And obviously it is much more clear that it's a good thing there was no one in the jump seat.
Did a kid run in front of him? Did a 4 whlr cut him off? Was the road crowned? Was the kite lded heavier in the front left corner? The tree is upright, what speed is necessary to do that much damage to the tractor? Until someone can answer these and many other questions, NOBODY knows where the fault lies.

Did a kid run in front of him? Did a 4 whlr cut him off? Was the road crowned? Was the kite lded heavier in the front left corner? The tree is upright, what speed is necessary to do that much damage to the tractor? Until someone can answer these and many other questions, NOBODY knows where the fault lies.

Conway knows! It's driver error, it's a preventable. Conway management knows that the minute they get that call about a accident regardless of the facts.