Yellow | union carriers hiring school grads?

We just hire ten men at 120, but haven't heard of the particulars as of yet. Not sure what their experience is, but I think we still hire with the old standards of 2 yrs experience.

no mikeeeee i have not.i would think that even if you had a so-so work record,or even a record of being fired or something like that, a clean driving,safety record in todays world where you have all the meth heads and drunks your driving record still should out weight it all!

I just checked the online qualifications for linehaul and it's one year experience now instead of two year.

Minimum
Requirements: Linehaul Drivers must have a current, valid CDL, Class A with endorsements for doubles and hazardous materials handling and must meet all other requirements specified by Federal Motor Carrier Regulations. A minimum of one-year verifiable driving experience or graduation from a state accredited driving program and a satisfactory record of prior employment. There can be no record of license suspension or revocation as a result of a conviction while operating a motor vehicle. Linehaul Drivers must read, write and converse in English sufficiently to comprehend and follow safety rules, to communicate with the general public and respond to official inquiries, to complete make entries on reports/records, and to understand highway traffic signs and signals. Linehaul Drivers must pass a physical ability test, DOT physical examination and drug screen.

IR CookieMonster said:
I just checked the online qualifications for linehaul and it's one year experience now instead of two year.
Actually IRC, A minimum of one-year verifiable driving experience or graduation from a state accredited driving program and a satisfactory record of prior employment.

screwy louiey said:
If that is true I feel sorry for that kid when he tried to retire with 25 years in @ an early age. The pay out for insurance will will cause him to work till 30 and with the Social Security pushing the age up more & more he'll still be too young.

All I have to say is "invest early young people, invest early" cause you'll gonna need it.

oh yeah trust me i am. and im luvin it i went from makin 7 dollars an hour at walmart now im 21 makin 18.50 an hour at od, thanks homeland security!

On our local contract (suppliment) It states "seniority will not gouvern the assignment of eguipement"

P.S. Is there a spell check on this board?

671CityBoy said:
On our local contract (suppliment) It states "seniority will not gouvern the assignment of eguipement"

P.S. Is there a spell check on this board?
when you reply, up in the top right corner of the box is a- abc with a checkmark, thats a spell checker.:punk:

We just had one of our rookies lay a set over going downhill @ 75mph(what he told the cops) did a 180 and slid backwards across the median into the on coming lane for a total of 315ft...hes ok! trk and trls were a loss. used to be a tandem axel dump driver..The pictures are currently on display in the cincy drivers room..

that might be a small step that will teach them.yea go ahead and hire a whole bunch of them (rookies).let a good man sit on the sides and watch a bunch a dumb butts total the whole fleet. might just serve them right!!