FedEx Freight | Union centers NOT getting new vacation pay rate.

The old slate from 509 was voted out I know personally they never cared. Nothing so far has been brought to new slate attention far as petitioning. Your right these guys at the four centers better start being proactive on negotiating actually more than the officials. Remember though new guys take seat couple weeks ago on international level so we don't know who gonna be over freight division Tyson Johnson was voted out.
Thank you troubleman84 for providing these guys with a bit of insight.

Swamp, Red, I think of you guys as friends. Please tread lightly with what you're discussing here, and I urge you both to talk to the union drivers in their respective sections of the board to inform yourselves. Talking with them has provided me with a lot of perspective, and guys like troubleman84 are more than happy to tell it like it is. The rhetoric needs to stop, on both sides.

The old slate from 509 was voted out I know personally they never cared. Nothing so far has been brought to new slate attention far as petitioning. Your right these guys at the four centers better start being proactive on negotiating actually more than the officials. Remember though new guys take seat couple weeks ago on international level so we don't know who gonna be over freight division Tyson Johnson was voted out.
If I think its going to be from what I've been told it will be a new sheriff in town and will be game on. Do you all really think they are going to give there hand away in telling you all what is going on or going to go on. Why so guys can leak it to fedex the only ones leaking stuff is redracer and his side kick steve.s on clt news. its funny the only ones with a mouth are the clt duo

If I think its going to be from what I've been told it will be a new sheriff in town and will be game on. Do you all really think they are going to give there hand away in telling you all what is going on or going to go on. Why so guys can leak it to fedex the only ones leaking stuff is redracer and his side kick steve.s on clt news. its funny the only ones with a mouth are the clt duo

Why would the Teamsters refuse to meet twice a month to negotiate versus the once a month currently? Wouldn't they possibly reach a contract quicker benefiting the members?

Why would the Teamsters refuse to meet twice a month to negotiate versus the once a month currently? Wouldn't they possibly reach a contract quicker benefiting the members?
I don't know who told you that or where you got that from but that is far from the truth. It is fedex only agreeing to 1 date at a time. I know in SBR and eph they have given fedex several dates to confirm at the table and fedex says we'll get back to you.fedex has back out of both dates given in January already.

Don't let them pull your leg Dick, we started meeting two days a month for negotiations in CLT back in Sept or Oct I think it was, and have been ever since. Dec was the 19th and 20th for sure, Nov was the 16th and 17th I think, and Oct was the 17th and 18th I think. Again, can't remember if they started in Sept or Oct..and before that, the company suggested and met on Saturdays so the drivers wouldn't have to burn vacaction days to attend the meetings!!

Last edited:
Don't let them pull your leg Dick, we started meeting two days a month for negotiations in CLT back in Sept or Oct I think it was, and have been ever since. Dec was the 19th and 20th for sure, Nov was the 16th and 17th I think, and Oct was the 17th and 18th I think. Again, can't remember if they started in Sept or Oct..and before that, the company suggested and met on Saturdays so the drivers wouldn't have to burn vacaction days to attend the meetings!!
There goes red telling stories again. If you read correctly he's asking about twice a month not about your 2 days once in a week. Second you guys started out negotiations on weekends because fedex wouldn't give your shop stewards the time off and not paying them. So they figure by not paying them it will hurt them in the pocket so then they won't back able to attend negotiations. Then they went to during the week and drivers had to request off. So you and stevie keep spreading your bs.

Also if you read what I said was about sbr and eph

Guys, ON TOPIC PLEASE. This is not about union negotiation or who is right about what!

Please do everyone a favor and have your personal pissing match in private. The topic of discussion is the union terminals not being granted the same benefits as the nons. Keep the rhetoric out of it and discuss this like adults or this thread will undoubtedly be condemned.

In order get this thread back on topic...NO, the city drivers at the four centers who voted yes for representation are NOT getting the vacation wage enhancement. As to why/why not is irrelevant IMO since it doesn't change the fact that theyre not getting the "new" benefit and it's that side of the debate that leads to things going off topic. Should something change in the future pertaining to the vacation wage enhancement, we'll respond with that news, otherwise, this thread "should" be officially deemed closed...in order to stay on topic.

In order get this thread back on topic...NO, the city drivers at the four centers who voted yes for representation are NOT getting the vacation wage enhancement. As to why/why not is irrelevant IMO since it doesn't change the fact that theyre not getting the "new" benefit and it's that side of the debate that leads to things going off topic. Should something change in the future pertaining to the vacation wage enhancement, we'll respond with that news, otherwise, this thread "should" be officially deemed closed...in order to stay on topic.

I'm curious, do the four centers get the bonus?

As you might expect, I disagree that the topic should be "closed". It is best to know the facts as they evolve. There are several areas of concern that might be of interest.

The original post certainly qualifies as "worth knowing". Far less critical, but still interesting, is the fact that some have said the Ducker Videos are not being offered publicly to the group at Teamster Centers. Only by personally logging into the intranet, can they get access. Is that true? Are there more things that are being handled differently? Things that fall somewhere between vacation wage enhancement and filtered Corp. communications, in terms of importance?

Internal job openings are posted every few days. Some of those are at the 4 Teamster locations. Wouldn't you want to know the pros & cons of such a move?

As you might expect, I disagree that the topic should be "closed". It is best to know the facts as they evolve. There are several areas of concern that might be of interest.

The original post certainly qualifies as "worth knowing". Far less critical, but still interesting, is the fact that some have said the Ducker Videos are not being offered publicly to the group at Teamster Centers. Only by personally logging into the intranet, can they get access. Is that true? Are there more things that are being handled differently? Things that fall somewhere between vacation wage enhancement and filtered Corp. communications, in terms of importance?

Internal job openings are posted every few days. Some of those are at the 4 Teamster locations. Wouldn't you want to know the pros & cons of such a move?
Did you graduate from the CT School of Comprehension?? :poke: I suggested this thread deemed closed unless changes to the vacation wage enhancement for city drivers at the "yes" centers are made in order to keep this thread on topic...since after all, this thread is about the vacation wage enhancement. What you're wanting to discuss is outside of this topic.

However, the topic(s) you mentioned are still worth discussing IMO and in order to stay on topic, I'd suggest we start a new thread in order to keep this one from turning into that "other thread".

OK,OK!

It seems that the intent is to keep the topic(s) narrowly focused. With all due respect, there is no point in questioning that.

Under those guidelines, this thread just barely rises to the level of "somewhat interesting", IMHO. So, it seems to have run it's course. :onthego:

Hey guys it take time. What ever contract they come up with it will be different from the the rest of the non union side. The pay, vacation, etc. will be different. Its whatever is negotiated. Im at Upsf and started in 2008. All the barns across the country did not go union all at once. It took time over a couple of years. We still had a few back in 2010 that was still holding out but eventually they got with the program. While they were holding out there pay and everything else was different from the union side. After yalls four centers get their contract negotiated other centers will follow until it spreads but it will take a couple of years. Fedex is playing hardball but it will only last for so long until they can't anymore. Mark my words more centers will fall in line.