FedEx Freight | Union centers NOT getting new vacation pay rate.

No excuses, you're just not privy to why we do what we do!! Perhaps in due time you'll be made aware and understand...then again, I doubt it!!

Its good to hear you finally admit the first time was a publicly stunt. I seem to remember you adimetly dening it was a stunt though.

Never admitted it was "a publicity stunt", it wasn't!! Again, you'll realize in due time...maybe.

Let me get this straight you claim to know the rules but the first time you all turned in the petition it was rejected immediately because it was to early, so what was it if it wasn't a publicly stunt??

Honestly, do you think everyone was lying to us almost 3 years ago when they said it's easy to get the union in but it's almost impossible to get the union out??

I'll tell you, just like I told Joe B rock (LRI), nonsense. If the majority want it out it will be easy to do. Do you know how easy it is to gather the 30% necessary to petition the NLRB to decert? Unlike the initial Union petition, requiring a super majority, the NLRB will have no such requirement.

Then, the majority will rule. Period.

You mistake your current situation with a long established environment, under contract. Not saying it was a lie, just a misrepresentation of the truth. Spin, with a purpose.

I'll tell you, just like I told Joe B rock (LRI), nonsense. If the majority want it out it will be easy to do. Do you know how easy it is to gather the 30% necessary to petition the NLRB to decert? Unlike the initial Union petition, requiring a super majority, the NLRB will have no such requirement.

Then, the majority will rule. Period.

You mistake your current situation with a long established environment, under contract. Not saying it was a lie, just a misrepresentation of the truth. Spin, with a purpose.
Oh, there's no mistake made on our part...you're either naive or it's you who's loaded up the spin machine, and I'll go with the latter!!

You're correct, 30% 50% is the easy part, it's the amount of frivolous ULP's and appeals that will soon follow that I'm referring to that's gonna take up the time. We can't have another election until all outstanding ULP's/appeals are settled, we both know that!!

If you're saying that no ULP's will be filed and the union will just agree to another election, then maybe you are naive...but I doubt it!!

My question is since they're so sure they have the support that they claim to have, when the time comes, why will they be scared to have a decert election to prove it instead of attempting to hold up the election with frivolous ULP's??

My question is since they're so sure they have the support that they claim to have, when the time comes, why will they be scared to have a decert election to prove it instead of attempting to hold up the election with frivolous ULP's??

Due process? It's no different than the company dragging out appeals for years. One could ask if the company was certain no contract would be agreed upon why they didn't go straight to negotiations after the elections.

What it boils down to is the company doesn't trust the support you claim to have and the union doesn't trust it's support. No one really knows where anyone stands based off of word of mouth. It is a private ballot.

Last edited:
the sad fact is most people don't care enough to try and better their life, they will take the path of least resistance, and be happy with the :::shit::: sandwich they given. The fact that only 16.5% of the IBT membership voted in their general election is proof.

Puzzling isn't it Joe? I don't see the why the rush to kick out the IBT. They're in already so why not at least see what they have to offer or what the company may agree on?

The only difference the company drivers have that the Union drivers don't is the city vacation rate. That was simply a gimmick by the company to upset the union centers. The city guys can't miss what they never had in my opinion, so I wouldn't give a damn if I were them. They've gone this many years without it so what's a little bit longer?

Due process? It's no different than the company dragging out appeals for years. One could ask if the company was certain no contract would be agreed upon why they didn't go straight to negotiations after the elections.

What it boils down to is the company doesn't trust the support you claim to have and the union doesn't trust it's support. No one really knows where anyone stands based off of word of mouth. It is a private ballot.
Duly noted...but if you look back through the other thread that's now closed, you'll see where I took and maintained the stance of wanting the company to sit down to negotiate to get our clock ticking instead of seeking their due process in the judicial system...for which they had good reason, I just selfishly didn't agree with.

I wouldn't say the company didn't trust their employees, there were other reasons the company chose to take the path they took...and obviously it worked!!

the sad fact is most people don't care enough to try and better their life, they will take the path of least resistance, and be happy with the :::shit::: sandwich they given. The fact that only 16.5% of the IBT membership voted in their general election is proof.
This is true in all facets of life!!

Puzzling isn't it Joe? I don't see the why the rush to kick out the IBT. They're in already so why not at least see what they have to offer or what the company may agree on?

The only difference the company drivers have that the Union drivers don't is the city vacation rate. That was simply a gimmick by the company to upset the union centers. The city guys can't miss what they never had in my opinion, so I wouldn't give a damn if I were them. They've gone this many years without it so what's a little bit longer?

And when Fredrick and the IBT come to an agreement the members will be made whole.

Oh, there's no mistake made on our part...you're either naive or it's you who's loaded up the spin machine, and I'll go with the latter!!

You're correct, 30% 50% is the easy part, it's the amount of frivolous ULP's and appeals that will soon follow that I'm referring to that's gonna take up the time. We can't have another election until all outstanding ULP's/appeals are settled, we both know that!!

If you're saying that no ULP's will be filed and the union will just agree to another election, then maybe you are naive...but I doubt it!!

I'm confused with your asserting that I'm either naive, of guilty of spin. There is no spin involved. Just pointing out facts, regardless of whether I like them or not. The mistake in your analysis is the fact that not having a contract yet provides a simpler path than if you were under contract.

You claim it nearly impossible to decert. Some monumental task you must undertake ("almost impossible" were your words). But the truth is, if you currently have a majority (no matter how slim), your job is comparatively easier than those who organized. 30-50% comes easily, especially when you consider the fact that there will be zero scrutiny from the Company. They can't assist, but can certainly look the other way. There will also be no educational component for you to overcome.

As far as anyone agreeing, no one else needs to agree on any of this. The drivers will ultimately decide. Spin it if you like, but that is the truth.

Not sure where I discussed the impact of ULPs, appeals, support or any of the other nonsense you're talking about. I don't recall, beyond asking if there may be an appeal. Certainly an "on topic" question.

Back to your regularly scheduled rhetoric... :smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
I'm confused with your asserting that I'm either naive, of guilty of spin. There is no spin involved. Just pointing out facts, regardless of whether I like them or not. The mistake in your analysis is the fact that not having a contract yet provides a simpler path than if you were under contract.

You claim it nearly impossible to decert. Some monumental task you must undertake ("almost impossible" were your words). But the truth is, if you currently have a majority (no matter how slim), your job is comparatively easier than those who organized. 30-50% comes easily, especially when you consider the fact that there will be zero scrutiny from the Company. They can't assist, but can certainly look the other way. There will also be no educational component for you to overcome.

As far as anyone agreeing, no one else needs to agree on any of this. The drivers will ultimately decide. Spin it if you like, but that is the truth.

Not sure where I discussed the impact of ULPs, appeals, support or any of the other nonsense you're talking about. I don't recall, beyond asking if there may be an appeal. Certainly an "on topic" question.

Back to your regularly scheduled rhetoric... :smilie93c peelout:
"Just pointing out facts" while conveniently leaving other facts out, to which I supplied. If by simpler you mean no 90 day window to file, no threats of fines, or intimidation by the hall/members...yeah, maybe, but still not easy.

"Almost impossible" as in not simply filing and having a decert election...we'll have a plethora of frivolous ULP's and appeals to deal with, something the pro's didn't have to encounter, and they'll probably hold up our decert election for atleast a year, if not longer according to our attorney. I'll disagree, the pro's job was fairly easy in the context of getting cards signed since they preyed on emotions, fear mongering, and lies...seems I remember them having almost 200 signed cards with little to no resistance from anyone (they had enough cards signed long before the mandatory meetings started). We'll also have to deal with "some" hiding with their cell phone cameras trying to catch us doing something wrong!! Had we known then what we know now, I can guarantee you things would've been handled differently!!

Agreed, the majority of drivers will decide...eventually.

You didn't, that's the point!! You can call them "nonsense" but those are the "other facts" you conveniently left out!!

Back to your regularly scheduled presumptions...

:smilie93c peelout:

More clown talk but like always thats all you have Red. Until you prove what your saying to be true your just that little boy who cried wolfe.