FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
Whe you're waiting for bites, I'll make your thread both interesting and entertaining, two qualities you neglected to add when you started it:

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

Once upon a time there were three billy goats, who were to go up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."

On the way up was a bridge over a cascading stream they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly troll , with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.

So first of all came the youngest Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

"Trip, trap, trip, trap! " went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll .

"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small voice.

"Now, I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

"Oh, no! pray don't take me. I'm too little, that I am," said the billy goat. "Wait a bit till the second Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

"Well, be off with you," said the troll.

A little while after came the second Billy Goat Gruff to cross the bridge.

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap, went the bridge.

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"Oh, it's the second Billy Goat Gruff , and I'm going up to the hillside to make myself fat," said the billy goat, who hadn't such a small voice.

"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," said the troll.

"Oh, no! Don't take me. Wait a little till the big Billy Goat Gruff comes. He's much bigger."

"Very well! Be off with you," said the troll.

But just then up came the big Billy Goat Gruff .

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap! went the bridge, for the billy goat was so heavy that the bridge creaked and groaned under him.

"Who's that tramping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"It's I! The big Billy Goat Gruff ," said the billy goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.

"Now I 'm coming to gobble you up," roared the troll.

Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside. There the billy goats got so fat they were scarcely able to walk home again. And if the fat hasn't fallen off them, why, they're still fat; and so,

Snip, snap, snout.
This tale's told out.

I still find it interesting that the FIRST thing the union WILL negotiate is the Dues Check-off Clause!!!! IF they were truly here to "help" the drivers wouldn't they FIRST negotiate wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.. instead of making sure they get paid!!???!!!
The union is a business and they're in the business to make MONEY!!!
They're not here to "help" anybody.....unless they get paid first!!!

I still find it interesting that the FIRST thing the union WILL negotiate is the Dues Check-off Clause!!!! IF they were truly here to "help" the drivers wouldn't they FIRST negotiate wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.. instead of making sure they get paid!!???!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong and im sure someone will, the union gets dues check off, then the company get management rights clause. So as I see it its a win win for the union and the company, then the driver/employee is left with nothing but paying dues.

Correct me if I'm wrong and im sure someone will, the union gets dues check off, then the company get management rights clause. So as I see it its a win win for the union and the company, then the driver/employee is left with nothing but paying dues.
Unless you're in a RTW state, then us freeloaders get "nothing" for FREE!

And how do you know what will be the first thing negotiated ?

Unless you're in a RTW state, then us freeloaders get "nothing" for FREE!
I believe their is another word for freeloaders son
In a right to work state if you find yourself in trouble the union still must represent you. But you then must pay for that cost of representation.

Because the Union busters fedex hired told them, so it must be true....kool aid anyone?
Yep, that dues check off clause is such a scary thing. Still, no one disputes the fact that union workers are much better compensated, than non-union.

The funny part, really, is that you are actually wrong. Why? Because despite the dues check off clause, they get ZERO MONEY, until YOU get a suitable contract. They must feel pretty confident, they can make it worth your while, since they will work for free, until you are satisfied. Think about it.

Yep, that dues check off clause is such a scary thing. Still, no one disputes the fact that union workers are much better compensated, than non-union.

The funny part, really, is that you are actually wrong. Why? Because despite the dues check off clause, they get ZERO MONEY, until YOU get a suitable contract. They must feel pretty confident, they can make it worth your while, since they will work for free, until you are satisfied. Think about it.
And of course it could be years before a contract is reached. There's a tanker company in LA that's been negotiating for 4 years now. Without a pay raise.