FedEx Freight | Union cool aid drinkers

Seems like the union drive has lost momentum

• Agree

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
But unlike most LTL companies, we don't have set routes per driver in the city, we have start times. The drivers run whatever routes are ready when their start time comes up, therefor every driver is proficient at every route. Good luck to the union thugs deciphering which drivers are pro and which ones are anti when they decide to follow and harass our drivers and customers!
I can see it already, the union thugs following and harassing a pro-union driver, thus turning him against the union!

We have both. Set start time unassigned and bid routes.

It's nothing personal with the drivers. A pro union driver already knows that. The ambulatory picket is against said company not the driver in the cab.

As a publicly traded company they already account for where the money goes and no not all share holders are happy about some of it but it is there to see in black and white any time I wish to look. Again my issue is

No everyone must run the routes given and you no you can't refuse it. Please just stop the BS on this one because deep down inside you know the truth. Some customers absolutely hate it when they have to deal with different drivers
Exactly...you don't bid on routes like we did back in the day, you now run whatever route is given....thanks for proving my point.
Not saying they do but which is it....first it's the customer doesn't care who moves their frt as long as it's damage free and on time, now it's the customer wants the same driver every day?
Sounds contradicting to me.

Or like the union thug who threw a brick through the Overnite's driver's windshield while he was driving down the road just because he crossed the picket line to work so he could provide for his family?
Nice to see you agree there is wrong doing from both sides.

You obviously don't run the city in CLT, that's exactly how we operate. Under your way, if a driver is out then whoever fills in isn't as efficient as the "route" driver, under our system it doesn't matter, everybody can run every route.
No everyone has to run every route and not every customer is happy about it. I'm sorry but you can't BS someone who knows the truth already. Think what you want, maybe it's a case of the truth hurts or everyone in CLT is loved by all the customers.

We have both. Set start time unassigned and bid routes.

It's nothing personal with the drivers. A pro union driver already knows that. The ambulatory picket is against said company not the driver in the cab.
But you take a driver that's on the fence considering membership or decertification, have the thugs follow him from stop to stop, and they'll make his mind up for him!

Exactly...you don't bid on routes like we did back in the day, you now run whatever route is given....thanks for proving my point.
Not saying they do but which is it....first it's the customer doesn't care who moves their frt as long as it's damage free and on time, now it's the customer wants the same driver every day?
Sounds contradicting to me.

Most companies prefer the same drivers. Don't kid yourself. I had many clerks tell me they hate to see new people show up. You will not be proficient going somewhere different everyday. Sure you can make a delivery but you won't find the place, hit the right driveway, find the right dock/door see the right person, even 1/2 the time. Ask the customers how they feel about it and find out the truth. I have heard the truth for about 30 years now. Please prove me wrong. That is managements story, that's not the truth
I hear the complaints all the time when another lost freight hero needs to be shown the ropes. Showing up at break time. Wrong door, wrong dock. How to **** off a customer 101.

I can't speak for you and your location but our drivers throughout our company who have tried have already been met with bullying and intimidation tactics.
One of the things that surprises me about this union organizing campaign is that I haven't been threatened with severe bodily injury and death yet. Every other time, I received death threats. Always laughed about it. RC, what happened? You and Steve and Ron failed to threaten me and my family. Sooooo disappointed....

ST

Just so I understand, you want something in writing from the company that will hold them accountable to the promises they make. You also want to hold them accountable as to how they spend/invest their profits because your a shareholder?

What was their end of the deal that was not upheld? What have you said to management and what was the answer. Just to say that the company did not hold up their end of the commitment is vague.

Any shareholder in a corporation has the right to propose a course of action for the company. Although your proposal would probably be considered non-binding, it would be a clear indication to others of where you stand.
They are held accountable, hold annual share holder meeting and not everyone is happy about all that they do and yes it often gets addressed. Above board in writing no problem, legal binding. Benefits and pension that were supposed to be "grandfathered" to us are now gone. Nothing in writing... nothing to guarantee it other than words. I'll post it for you. Sorry it doesn't exist and most of the people who said it are gone. Resigned, quit or fired whatever you call it. Anyway take what you get and stay happy with it. I would like to see what I was supposed to have plus what was lost back please. I held up my end of the deal and work hard every day.

You obviously don't run the city in CLT, that's exactly how we operate. Under your way, if a driver is out then whoever fills in isn't as efficient as the "route" driver, under our system it doesn't matter, everybody can run every route.

We have bid vacation hold down positions. Basically it's an apprenticeship of sorts. The up and comings learn the ropes and routes quickly. Some guys bid unassigned because they like to see the different routes. Me, I am a creature of habit.

We have bid vacation hold down positions. Basically it's an apprenticeship of sorts. The up and comings learn the ropes and routes quickly. Some guys bid unassigned because they like to see the different routes. Me, I am a creature of habit.
I was too when I ran local, I liked the same route every day but things changed, another one of the reasons I left the city operation for line haul.

Well Lifer222 Thug we Yankee's must not have had the anti union juice them Southern kids have had put in their ground water.
Thats why we drink cool clear water